Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,998 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
marrocco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I know the owners. They didn't close for lack of business. They closed due to personal reasons.

I meant to post this earlier - This is what they had on their window (they may be back):

texasaggie04
AG
I hope they come back. I am addicted to that Hawaiian torta.
toolshed
AG
quote:
Really, throwing up that ugly-ass La Quinta isn't bad enough, now we need a Sleep Inn next door?!

What else would you like to see in a mostly commercial/ industrial area of town? Two hotels located behind a bank/ high density commercial bldg, across from a body shop and nearly caddycorner to TexCon, not to mention all the other industrial businesses the rest of the way down Graham, seems like an appropriate use of the land area to me?
FlyRod
http://maroonweekly.com/peter-madden-goes-mad-taco

Blurb about Mad Taco, coming in January. Should set off another installment of the Greg D FTR Saga on Yelp.

Their Facebook page is also up, with pics of what their tacos will look like:

https://www.facebook.com/MadTacoTX
techno-ag
AG
Great. More tacos in this town.
Kate Beckett
AG
This is right behind our office. Yay more traffic and less parking spots for us.
Mr. Griswold
I assume Mad Taco will be going into one if the many retail spaces at Northpoint Crossing?
PS3D
Nope. It's more like behind the Sonic.
Kate Beckett
AG
Right behind the Bank of America building where the drive up ATMs used to be.
dgonzo99
Super Donuts at Rudder's Landing is about to open. Work on Panda Express at Rudder's Landing is going really fast now. Looks like something is going in next to Super Donuts too.
waterchick
College Station Spoons on Texas Ave. is closed. Their last day was yesterday, when they were open 2 - 10 pm. Edit to add: there was no indication, either from the staff or the sign on the door, that they would be re-opening soon. Bummer.
PS3D
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
techno-ag
AG
Boonville Kroger Spoons is still open though, right?
bcstx06
Central Texas Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics is building a 45,000 square foot facility in Bryan. The building will have a combination medical offices and sports training space. Construction to start this month and be completed by August 2015.
montegobay
How about Tower Point Spoons?
gutmancometh
quote:
Central Texas Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics is building a 45,000 square foot facility in Bryan. The building will have a combination medical offices and sports training space. Construction to start this month and be completed by August 2015.

Where?
Max06
AG
Across the street from their current office.
dgonzo99
Construction has already started.
Rexter
Hmmmmm...

quote:
College Station Spoons on Texas Ave. is closed. Their last day was yesterday, when they were open 2 - 10 pm. Edit to add: there was no indication, either from the staff or the sign on the door, that they would be re-opening soon. Bummer.

Well...from 9-30
quote:
Spoons on Tx Ave closes Oct 31 or earlier.
Stores have been sold, with sale finalizing next Wednesday. Group from Waco is buying them.

From 10-1

quote:
I went to the Bryan spoons last night to try and get some info on the "closing." They claimed they had just had an emergency manager's meeting yesterday afternoon and were told that the franchise owner is selling these Spoons to a franchise owner from Huntsville. It will still be Spoons and they MIGHT close for a week to reorganize but they probably won't close at all during the franchise ownership transition.

So... don't panic.

Is it time to panic yet?

waterchick
Well...

Oct. 19 is earlier than Oct. 31.

Staff gave no indication they'd be re-opening *that* location.

The sign on the door announcing the closing and giving final hours encouraged customers to visit the Booneville & Tower Point Spoons. So I'd hazard a guess that those 2 locations are open.
nashvilleaggie11
OK just got back from the Bryan Spoons.. hoping this new information is correct this time. Texas Ave. Spoons is closed and won't be opening again. The old owners failed to renew the lease (new Spoons' owners were NOT happy about that.) Something about glow-in-the-dark (? ya I have no idea) is going in that location on Texas Ave....
OnlyANobody
Don't fall in love with the Taz location in downtown Bryan. It won't be there for long.
FlyRod
I hope that's not true, but sadly I won't be surprised as it never is busy.
DontBeTriggered
Yogurtland is killing Spoons... Best yogurt in Aggieland. So crowded now, yogurt and toppings are fantastic.
FlyRod
According to a new Yelp FTR (not by Greg D) there appears to be a new Asian food take out place on Texas Ave called Madie's Takeout. Could find no other information about it.
fcag
AG
quote:
According to a new Yelp FTR (not by Greg D) there appears to be a new Asian food take out place on Texas Ave called Madie's Takeout. Could find no other information about it.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/trv/4668563995.html
PS3D
Hmm, despite what the map says, that's closer to the bend near C&J.
fitcetera
Arbano Cafe has closed. We went there last night and saw the closed sign - the owner was inside, so Mr. Fitcetera spoke with him...he cited personal health issues, plus lack of parking (said he was promised the they were going to make more parking...where, I don't know). He hopes to relocate and reopen soon.
FlyRod
That's too bad. I ate there and really liked it. But that location appears to be another in a series of difficult places to make a go at. And maybe BCS reached saturation point with Middle Eastern/Mediterranean restaurants (Arbano, Zand's, Shiraz, Babylon cafe, kinda sorta Cafe Eccell).
halibut sinclair
Where was Arbano's?
MiMi
S
quote:
Where was Arbano's?

First floor of the Lofts at Wolf Pen Creek - corner of Holleman and Dartmouth.
dgonzo99
Messina Hof Estates is being proposed. The lots will be around 1-2.5 acres in size.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
disagree on Arbano's being good. guess we'll leave it at that.

i still think a Fadis or Dimasis would kill here.
FlyRod
I never thought it was as good as Shiraz. I did think it was far and away the best restaurant to occupy that space...which admittedly is setting the bar low.
Goose83
AG
quote:
Don't fall in love with the Taz location in downtown Bryan. It won't be there for long.

Last day is October 31.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.