Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,006 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
dgonzo99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlyRod, you are a hilarious jokester!
95_Aggie
AG
People everywhere love chains. It's why they are so successful.
byfLuger41
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Is anything ever going to take the old corner book stores place on NG? Its been empty for well over a year.
Ag2Max
AG
salloh.......I have heard a bar is going in at that location.
dgonzo99
Chicks changes over to Stripes next month. Stripes is going to heavily expand the same concept as Chicks. They will be building a lot more of the big box convenience store/gas station.
exige
Was just at Chicks. 4-5 people in Stipes shirts pouring over reports.

[This message has been edited by exige (edited 4/29/2014 6:58p).]
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Chicks changes over to Stripes next month. Stripes is going to heavily expand the same concept as Chicks. They will be building a lot more of the big box convenience store/gas station.

Wow. Competition for Bucee's?
halibut sinclair
^ Chick's original plan was to expand with more stores also.
dgonzo99
One of the guys with Stripes told me that they really liked the way Chicks was operated. He loved the food especially the hamburgers. The management of Chicks is still going run the store from what I have been told. Why change what is working just fine? They said they were going add stuff, not subtract. Maybe buying Chicks was a way of getting their foot in the door.

[This message has been edited by dgonzo99 (edited 4/29/2014 8:29p).]
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Is anything ever going to take the old corner book stores place on NG? Its been empty for well over a year.

I think I posted about this.

Word is (and the sign on front supports this with ownership) that it will be a dual level sushi/Asian food place that at night is a bar/club.

I forget which sushi place is opening it (atami maybe?).
Chef Demas 2020
AG
^interesting, that is definitely something different. I would be a fan.
PS3D

[This message has been edited by PS3D (edited 4/30/2014 3:48p).]
dgonzo99
Kreuz Market is going before Site Development in Bryan next week. They are going to build next to IHOP in Bryan. The restaurant will be 7,500 square feet.
george07
AG
quote:
^interesting, that is definitely something different. I would be a fan.
It sounds good, but how is it any different from Kyoto around the corner? Also a sushi place that turns into a bar at night.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Kreuz Market is going before Site Development in Bryan next week. They are going to build next to IHOP in Bryan. The restaurant will be 7,500 square feet.

What a great location! Go Restaurant Row North!
FlyRod
Looking forward to finally having a reason to go to Restaurant Row North. And a legendary one at that.

Fargo's, Martin's, and now Kreuz...big win for the Bryan BBQ circuit.

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 4/30/2014 9:59p).]
dgonzo99
PS3D
Aerofit added to Recently Opened, Rockies and Taco Casa removed from Recently Opened, 2 Bar & Bistro and Torchy's Tacos added to Coming Soon. Sully's removed from Recently Closed.
jimmyb
thanks for updating the first page. Can you consider putting a date beside an updated entry so the changes can be easily seen?
ellipsiscricket
Ann Taylor LOFT would be amazing! I hope this happens. If you're a professional female in this town, finding clothes is nearly impossible unless you go to Austin or Houston or shop online.
nanaof4
Noticed land getting cleared on FM 158 next to Christophers. Any idea what's going on there?
carpe vinum
AG
I looked on the Bryan Development site back through January and didn't see anything next to Christophers. Closest I saw was across from and down toward Copperfield Dr. and 158.
dgonzo99
carpe, I couldn't find out anything on the P&Z site. I know Christopher's sure could use a bigger parking lot. On weekends, the cars are lined up on the street across from them.
Dr. Turkleton
I have on good authority that Commerce National Bank has purchased the lease to go in where the First Victoria branch in the Tejas Center at Texas & Villa Maria. This will mean they will close their temporary location at 29th Street & Broadmoor.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Turkleton (edited 5/2/2014 10:20a).]
Dr. Turkleton

[This message has been edited by Dr. Turkleton (edited 5/2/2014 10:19a).]
dgonzo99
Great!
jimmyb
my mistake.

[This message has been edited by jimmyb (edited 5/2/2014 11:05a).]
FlyRod
According to the "King" of Yelp Greg D, a Mexican restaurant named "El Farouto" opened on Booneville Road. I recall seeing a sign go up with the actual spelling being El Farolito.
halibut sinclair
quote:
According to the "King" of Yelp Greg D, a Mexican restaurant named "El Farouto" opened on Booneville Road. I recall seeing a sign go up with the actual spelling being El Farolito.

As long as we're correcting spelling, it's "Boonville".
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
woodometer
AG
Please forgive me if this has been covered but I didnt see it. Anyone know what is going in between Chicks/Stripes and Taco Casa?
jrhmc
AG
McDonald's
dgonzo99
Office Depot is closing 400 stores, because of the meger with Office Max. Will the OD here close?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.