Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,990 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A bit late, but I saw the sign for "Daily Bread" at the former Primo Pizza...I'll go check it out soon...
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
Anyone else notice a sign for Black Sheep Pizza in Wellborn? It's in the strip mall across the railroad tracks on South Dowling. Looks like they're still working on it.

Two pizza places in Wellborn? Let the pie wars begin!!
eloc62
dont forget that Hullaballoos in Wellborn serves a pretty good pizza. that makes 3.

[This message has been edited by eloc62 (edited 8/1/2014 11:06p).]
agfan92
AG
Maybe Wellborn can become the "go to" place for pizza.

Yeah, I doubt it, too. But good luck to all sides in the battle for best pizza in Wellborn!
BQ_90
AG
What's going in behind. Lanynes and DJ BBQ on Welborn and SW parkway?

Area floods can't believe this city is letting somebody build there

ratfacemcdougal
condos
BQ_90
AG
Don't buy on the first floor

Aggie_3
The flooding issues have been fixed
atm86
AG
Whats going in on the west side of Wellborn on the west side of the tracks (north of Rock Pr.)? The place is cleared.
BQ_90
AG
how have they been "fixed"

K2T2
quote:
Anyone else notice a sign for Black Sheep Pizza in Wellborn? It's in the strip mall across the railroad tracks on South Dowling. Looks like they're still working on it.

I hope it's a Minor Threat-themed pizza place.
thetuxusgroup
Regency Gardens Apartments will be opening this Fall in Bryan (W. Villa Maria near the Aerofit and Fire Station.) The Regency Gardens will feature one to three-bedroom apartment homes featuring elegant interiors, fully-equipped kitchens, spacious bedrooms, a washer/dryer in every home, and scenic views. Amenities include a dog park, zen garden, a swimming pool with a 75 ft. lap lane, and a state of the art fitness center. For more information, check out www.regencygardensbcs.com
PS3D
quote:
Whats going in on the west side of Wellborn on the west side of the tracks (north of Rock Pr.)? The place is cleared.

The Barracks development?
redchapterjubilee
quote:
I hope it's a Minor Threat-themed pizza place.[\quote]

The pizzas are all square, you know, for the straight edge pizza fan.

[This message has been edited by redchapterjubilee (edited 8/5/2014 10:09a).]
agfan92
AG
Pad preparation in Caprock Crossing across street from Walgreens? Any ideas?

Not the Discount Tire next to Walgreens . . . this is at the entrance sign on Fitch.
95_Aggie
AG
Waffle House?
carpe vinum
AG
don't toy with my emotions.
tb9665
Does anyone know when they are going to start the new Ducky's by the Bryan Post Office?
Expert Analysis
AG
Kloache Rolf's is going in between tjins and subway at the shopping center in Bryan by the Kroger. Saw them renovating the space last week and saw a sign today.
Spyderman
AG
Maybe a DQ?????
eloc62
speaking of DQ. do they still have that chicken fried steak sandwich? i think it was called the "DQ Dude". i don't eat at DQ anymore, but remember eating that sando all the time when i went there as a kid some 40 yrs ago.
Kate Beckett
AG
They still have the DQ dude. My parents get it every time they go.
waterchick
"Giddy Up Glamour Boutique" is opening in the former Old Army Spirit Company space.

Work is continuing on the old coffee/donut place on FM 158. Anyone know what it will be?

A salad bar restaurant called Salata is opening in the old Loupot's space by CiCi's & Shoe Carnival. Speaking of salads, did Salad Sculptors in the mall open & then close, or has it not opened yet?
MiMi
S
quote:
Speaking of salads, did Salad Sculptors in the mall open & then close, or has it not opened yet?

Opened and then closed.
FlyRod
a lot of those businesses first reviewed by GregD on Yelp always seem to close soon after opening. T&P for Salad Sculptors.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
a lot of those businesses first reviewed by GregD on Yelp always seem to close soon after opening. T&P for Salad Sculptors.

But, but, he...loved...them.
TsunamiVox
I had no idea who this person was, and just went to Yelp to see. OMG and wow. I feel very sorry for any local business this person reviews.
Swarely
Watch what you say tsunami. He might press charges against you, and leave another bad review for texags.
MAlovedphotography
too bad i dont have the crying laughing icon for swarely
FlyRod
I appreciate the posts by people here, even the ones I disagree with, about new businesses coming and going, far more than what the Oracle of Yelp has to say. Thumbing through his reviews, they are laced with a sense of entitlement and usually riddled with the worst potty humor and sexual innuendos...stuff that you wouldn't even find on the General Board.

Our fights about burgers and whatnot here are much more fun and informative in the end...
dgonzo99
Big time. Mr. Yelp seems to get great pleasure in ripping a place to pieces. I really don't go by anything he says.
dgonzo99
Laredo Taco Company is coming soon. They start on it in about 2 weeks. Hope they keep the old favorites at Chicks/Stripes.
Tailgate88
AG
Here ya go MA, you can borrow my laugh/cry icon for Swarely. Or to add your own like this: , just paste the following in:

(img)http://forums.texags.com/images/forum/icon17.gif(/img)

But instead of () use [].
Swarely
quote:
Laredo Taco Company is coming soon. They start on it in about 2 weeks. Hope they keep the old favorites at Chicks/Stripes.

I think I have said it here before, but I am so excited for LTC. Growing up they were at every gas station in the valley. Pretty much it's a taco that's twice as big as what you get at mi familia coco loco, for half the price.
FlyRod
Are the tacos actually good, or just big?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.