Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,999 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was prolly too far from the bypass for him!!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I hope with the opening of Torchys it will force Fuego to add a second and larger location in town with a better parking lot

Maybe. They did open a second location today officially, but in San Marcos.

Another successful franchise from BCS.

I realize it's semantics but, if it's the same owners, it is a chain, not a franchise.

Also, T&P to the FTR. May God mercy on your soul.
txknight
quote:
Someone FTR'd Smitty K's on Yelp and it wasn't Greg D! Many trials and tribulations await that brave pioneer!

That was me. Bring it!!
My wife & I enjoyed it. We'll be back.
MiMi
S
quote:
That was me. Bring it!!

Thanks for the review and the photos. I can't wait to give it a try myself.
FlyRod
quote:
That was me. Bring it!!

Congratulations. You have now earned the wrath of the Almighty "Yelp King of Aggieland." As Fonzie says, may God have mercy on your soul.
toolshed
AG
It appears We Rent It has opened their new location on 2818, N or the new Villa Maria overpass/ corner of Turkey Creek. I haven't noticed if the Texas Ave location has closed or if they've left it as a smaller second location.
Max06
AG
While trying to find a menu for Black Sheep Pizza, I stumbled across a post on Gumby's Pizza website, saying that they own Black Sheep.

"Gumby's is NOW HIRING FOR ALL POSITIONS. We need outgoing people for counter help ,pizza cooks, prep cooks and delivery drivers so don't be shy!

We are also hiring for our new store off Wellborn Rd. called The Black Sheep Pizza Co. and our Northgate food truck Vittles .

Please stop by 107 Dominik Drive at our Gumby's Pizza Location and ask for an application if interested. Hours vary, Full and Part time positions available , no experience necessary . Experienced pizza cooks and delivery drivers please ask for Steven Tuesday through Thursday 6pm to 11pm."

Anyways, Black Sheep Pizza Co. is having to change their name, as there's already a Black Sheep Pizza up north and they've issued a cease & desist to the local pizzeria of the same name. So, when the name changes, don't panic. It's not another failed business (just a failed naming).
Tailgate88
AG
Maybe they should rename it to "Gumby's".
newsjunkie
"Maybe they should rename it to "Gumby's".

I know Gumby's is a franchise; maybe Black Sheep is just owned by the same folks but not part of the franchise?
gutmancometh
Noticed an "Opening Soon" sign in front of the old Outlaw Jacks/Country Cafe this morning....
FlyRod
According to Yelp (take that for what its worth) a Smashburger is opening today on Houston Street. I'm skeptical, but figured I'd let people know.
AgFan1999
AG
It's in the Underground (with Chick fil a) on campus.
FlyRod
Ah, thanks.
OnlyANobody
Smashburger's website does show a location coming to "Compass-Texas A&M (College, TX)" in September, 2014.
http://smashburger.com/coming-soon/
AggiePhil
AG
Mooyah's website says "Coming Soon" too.
AggieAces06
AG
There is a sign up for the Mooyah burgers at the old McDonolds location on Fitch.

I still think a Shipleys should have gone there.
Kate Beckett
AG
I can confirm the Smashburger on campus. my upstairs neighbor is the manager of it and told me about it a few weeks ago.
BMoreBirds
quote:
There is a sign up for the Mooyah burgers at the old McDonolds location on Fitch.

I still think a Shipleys should have gone there.

Y'all are in for a treat. I discovered Mooyah shortly after moving to DFW this summer. They. Are. Awesome.
PS3D
Lime's open with a photo and a review.
AgFan1999
AG
someone's not gonna be happy.
Tailgate88
AG
The sign on the former Country Cafe / Junek's BBQ indicates that the new establishment will be called the "Maroon Saloon" and they are applying for a beer license with late hours.

gutmancometh
Yay...I live close...new place to hang out!!!
Spyderman
AG
I still think a DQ should have gone there.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I still think a DQ should have gone there.
DontBeTriggered
I cannot wait to try Smashburger tomorrow! Mmm!
LastHamlet
AG
I have a Smashburger in my aparttment complex here in Kuwait. It's fantastic. Try the smash fries. The only thing that sucks about the one here is "beef bacon". Looking forward to coming back to CS and having one at home.
FlyRod
The Yelp review jumped the gun and came back and said Smashburger won't open until October...sorry folks.
techno-ag
AG
Looks like P&Z will consider rezoning for the new Stripes at Fitch & Wellborn on Oct. 2 and bring their recommendation to the council on Oct. 20.
PS3D
They started building at the former Las Lomas/Fajita Rita's site a while back...didn't someone say it was a bank? If I could get the name, I could add it to the list, which hasn't been updated for a while (gotta get new stuff, will likely be updated when the next CS New Development list comes in)
fanof3.88
ASCO Case going in at Hwy 6 by-pass and Tabor Rd. on the west side of the highway.
fanof3.88
Rocking B Steakhouse coming soon at Tabor Rd. and Rabbit Ln. which was originally supposed to be Sloppy Joes.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This is a comment on the new flag outside Aggieland Outfitters on University:

Wow.

There is 'Aggie pride' and then there's 'holy s**t, that's a monstrous flag!!!'
techno-ag
AG
quote:
ASCO Case going in at Hwy 6 by-pass and Tabor Rd. on the west side of the highway.

Hm. They're already at 6 & OSR. Are you sure they're moving? If so, I guess that would be a better, more visible, location.
Rapier108
quote:
It appears We Rent It has opened their new location on 2818, N or the new Villa Maria overpass/ corner of Turkey Creek. I haven't noticed if the Texas Ave location has closed or if they've left it as a smaller second location.
Drove by there today and it was completely abandoned. Looks like the little that was still there was being used for cleaning up the debris left behind from the move.
FlyRod
Sign up at space on Church St. where Burger Boy, Daily Ruckus, Soho, etc. was saying "Coming soon: Rough Branch whiskey bar."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.