Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,130 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
agswife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know the open date for Saltgrass?
hot dog
AG
quote:
Are the tacos actually good, or just big?

They are good. I'm from the valley also and I don't even bother trying to find comparable breakfast tacos up here. My go-to breakfast every morning in highschool was three potato and egg tacos and a mountain dew from the stripes right in front of the school.
Swarely
Which high school TB30?

And honestly I think that you can find better ones. But, they are better than the majority in my humble opinion. Also, I may have a bias because that's where I grew up with.
toolshed
AG
A second car wash sign has gone up on WJB between Aggieland Credit Union and the oil change building. I think it was called Coppertop? It would be just 1/4 mile from Ducky's proposed express tunnel wash at Racway.
mAgnoliAg
AG
When is Torchy's gonna be open?
originaltexan
I'll have to wait two months before going to Torchy's. It will be packed 18 hours a day. The tacos are the best.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
I'll have to wait two months before going to Torchy's. It will be packed 18 hours a day. The tacos are the best.

Doesn't answer my question. Is it already open?
originaltexan
I used future tense in my text. It is still under construction and can be viewed while driving.
Swarely
None that are of valley quality.
SoTheySay
S
Valley girl - my favorite is El Sol de Mexico.

I rarely get breakfast tacos here but the place at the gas station on Barron and 6 isn't bad.
MAlovedphotography

tailgate- you are awesome!! thank you!! for making my monday!!

and peppers concina has the best fajitas in town!! formerly pollys mi cocina on hwy 21.
jrhmc
AG
What are they building up on the hill at Tower Point? I can't ever see the signage. Not the Saltgrass and hotel but up by Taco Bell.
95_Aggie
AG
no signage up yet
carpe vinum
AG
dentist office
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Whats going in on the west side of Wellborn on the west side of the tracks (north of Rock Pr.)? The place is cleared.

here?
http://gisnet2.cstx.gov/pdspublic/NDL%20Drawings/14-181.tif?sortby=
PS3D
That's currently (or at least was) the Diamond T Stables.
ShawnTxAg
AG
A week or so back i asked about a Sports bar i heard was opening up across from the beer joint, well i googled the address and found that it was registered with the Chamber of Com. and it's called Smitty K's, looks like they are hiring for waitress' and cooks. Anyone have any more info about this?
atm86
AG
Need to get Kyoto Sushi on the Recently Opened list. It's at Northgate.

[This message has been edited by atm86 (edited 8/11/2014 4:39p).]
PS3D
Oh, it's actually opened again? In my time here, it was a sushi bar during the day and a sake bar at night...then the sushi bar part closed...then it reopened as "Kyoto Japanese Restaurant" and called the daytime part "The Bulgori" even though it didn't actually serve sushi (sushi was served at the affiliated "Aggie Time 2 Go"), then the Bulgori closed and it became the "night sake bar" again. It's reopened as a sushi bar and they're calling it Kyoto Sushi again?
Broncos
Anyone know when Salata is opening?
OnlyANobody
Yes. It's formerly known as Kyoto Japanese, The Bulgori then the Night Sake Bar.
BlueMiles
AG
Any updates on Paolo's Italian? Saw their new big sign.

Also noticed a "juice and smoothie" bar in the Northgate area today.
halibut sinclair
Paolo's is opening on Aug. 25, according to their Facebook page.
Swarely
quote:
A week or so back i asked about a Sports bar i heard was opening up across from the beer joint, well i googled the address and found that it was registered with the Chamber of Com. and it's called Smitty K's, looks like they are hiring for waitress' and cooks. Anyone have any more info about this?

They're hiring on texags

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/18/Topics/2500752
Tailgate88
AG
^^^^^ From the other thread:
quote:
Before the first Aggie game, shooting for the weekend of the 23rd to open the doors
agfan92
AG
quote:
Does anyone know the open date for Saltgrass?

Friend who will be working there says end of August.
ShawnTxAg
AG
sweet thanks
agfan92
AG
Plumbing work already going in on the new pad in Caprock Crossing behind Walgreens. They're moving pretty quick, whatever it is. Any ideas?

This is at the Fitch entrance, not Discount Tire.
agswife
I think that is the Caprock Emergency from the June New Development

http://cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=19130
SARATOGA
Drove through there the other day....I didn't realize that "Caprock" went so far south. If you take that road it goes way back towards and almost to Nantucket.

Also love to know whats going in next to Taco Bell, and what is going to be in the new 4 or 5 strip stores (restaurants) between HEB and TB&T'

PLEASE CHIPOTLE - SOMEWHERE IN THERE !!!
carpe vinum
AG
The slab next to taco bell is a dentist.
SweetsandEatsBakery
If we could be added to the "coming soon" list please, we would appreciate it. We are shooting for August 25, 2014, you can check our website and Facebook page for updated information.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Is Black Sheep Pizza down in Wellborn open? I've driven by a couple of times in the past week and have seen an open sign.
NashMan
what is going on near the new college station high school? It's a trailer that's been placed, and they made a turn around for it. They painted the firelane markings on all of the concrete, and 1 lane of Barron is closed right now.

Normally those types of trailers are temporary. Is it an office building for new apartments to be built or something?
SweetsandEatsBakery
If your talking about the trailer with the new parking lot, next to a house on Barron , I saw a sign for a Montesorri school.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.