Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,014 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
jks08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
carpe vinum
AG
Not saying it isn't true, but I think that's an old rumor. I had heard the Towerpoint area long before they bought Scott & White.
FlyRod
The Pappas Bros. have great business acumen. They know that Restaurant Row is the right location. Lots of successful restaurants there. I bet they stick with that location.

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 8/20/2014 4:48p).]
FlyRod
NM.

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 8/21/2014 8:25a).]
95_Aggie
AG
I wouldn't exactly consider 2 of those 3 as name brand restaurants. Saltgrass and Tilman Fertita must be really stupid.

[This message has been edited by AGnCS (edited 8/20/2014 4:10p).]
FlyRod
I wish Saltgrass all the best. Glad folks there are getting something other than fast food finally. Sounds like they'll do well, and maybe help the crowds and lines at Texas Roadhouse thin out a little.
SARATOGA
Give it time Flyrod. Saltgrass is the first domino.

Traditionally restaurants have not wanted to stray from the student dollar. But the numbers south cannot be ignored. And many will want to grab a bite to eat on their way out of town after a game....
FlyRod
Sara, its not the "student dollar," its the TAMU and business expense account (hotel crowd) dollar as well that keeps Restaurant Row buzzing.

I will grant you that just as the Towerpoint HEB attracts business from outside south CS, so too might a really special restaurant that opens up there someday.

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 8/20/2014 4:55p).]
Tailgate88
AG
Eccell is open, per Facebook.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I'm a student in south college station
MiMi
S
According to KBTX, Mooyah Burger is coming soon to south CS - the old McDonald's location on Wm D Fitch. http://www.mooyah.com/
FlyRod
Interesting menu. Looks like a lot of options will be offered. Nice.
Rockdoc
AG
Mooyah burgers (at least in the DFW area) are pretty good. I hope it's true.
jja79
AG
Had Mooyah in San Antonio this summer. It's pretty good but it's expensive. 2 burgers, fries and shakes ran about $30.
MiMi
S
quote:
I hope it's true.

Looks promising. College Station is listed as a 'Coming Soon' location on the Mooyah Burger website.
Spyderman
AG
Dang, was hoping a DQ would occupy that spot.
AggiePhil
AG
Mooyah is awesome!
LastHamlet
AG
We need a Smash Burger!
Kate Beckett
AG
Mooyah is great. Had it in Allen and was delicious. Another place to go eat when I go to my friend's house.
PS3D
quote:
We need a Smash Burger!

We are getting one, sorta. It will be in Sbisa next to Einstein Brothers in one of the exterior-accessed restaurants.
FlyRod
Are we in the Guinness Book of World Records yet for the highest per capita density of burger places? That could really put us on the map!
SARATOGA
quote:
so too might a really special restaurant that opens up there someday.

Huh ?

Does that mean you know of something else coming to Towerpoint ?

FlyRod
No. It means that if a restaurant is really off the chain unique/high end, then people are more likely to drive the extra distance to go there, then if said restaurant were similar to something close to home. I have no knowledge of such a place coming to that area...though I'm not ruling out the possibility that one will.

Saltgrass, for example, will most likely get mostly south CS business because while it may be good, its not especially distinct for BCS (I've looked at their various menus online).
PS3D
Didn't someone mention a smoothie place opening in Northgate?
FlyRod
A juice bar called "Northgate Juice Joint" is opening there that will have smoothies. While not open yet, it has already been reviewed on Yelp by...take a guess.
kraut
AG
Is that old McD's at WD Fitch big enough? I'm a big fan of Mooyah burgers!
dave99ag
AG
I hope so. My wife said they have some good shakes.
PS3D
Well, the Mooyah opening certainly puts the old "WHAT'S GOING NEXT TO THE EXXON NOW" question to rest (but it still seems like an odd choice for a gas station food place, admittedly). With Pappadeaux delayed indefinitely, all we need to know is when Chicks will become Stripes, and we can also look forward to when those new restaurants open and threads are created.
AggiePhil
AG
If it were me, I'd put it in the general Tower Point/Caprock Crossing area but I would not put it in the Exxon. Either way, it'll kill.
Finding X
What is currently going in between Walgreens and Mathnasium on William D Fitch?

There is also construction behind the Guarantee bank at Arrington.

PS3D
One of the things going up is a new Rattlers gas station.
PS3D
And speaking of Smashburger, the other exterior-accessed place coming to Sbisa, Lime, is a real chain place, not a Compass brand as previously reported.
95_Aggie
AG
Neither of the areas Find X mentioned is the Rattlers
agswife
behind Walgreens is the new Emergency center, and behind Guarantee is the new doctor/lawyer offices
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
behind Walgreens is the new Emergency center

What new Emergency center? What health care organization is it affiliated with? I assume not St. Jo since they have one across 6...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.