Outdoors
Sponsored by

Africa

282,032 Views | 1421 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Cromagnum
BabaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beautiful, thank you for sharing your awesome adventures !
japantiger
S

japantiger
S
When we arrived back in Joberg just now, it was bedlam at the commuter airport. The company who had been importing and transporting weapons for hunters had their transport license revoked. Lots of guys trying to find their guns.
MAROON
AG
You head straight to the international flight or over night in Joberg?

Last trip and the one coming up we have been walking across the street to the Intercontinental and spending the night both on arrival and departure. Good place for a nice shower, comfortable bed, and decent meal. Also a spa of that is your thing.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Yikes. That sux.
japantiger
S
MAROON said:

You head straight to the international flight or over night in Joberg?

Last trip and the one coming up we have been walking across the street to the Intercontinental and spending the night both on arrival and departure. Good place for a nice shower, comfortable bed, and decent meal. Also a spa of that is your thing.

We're flying out tonight just before 10:00. Delta doesn't open bag check until 5:30, so we're going to Interconn just to cool our heels until time to go
Daddy-O5
AG
Sorry wrong thread.
maroonblood90
AG
japantiger said:

That last line - Amen!
japantiger
S
japantiger said:

When we arrived back in Joberg just now, it was bedlam at the commuter airport. The company who had been importing and transporting weapons for hunters had their transport license revoked. Lots of guys trying to find their guns.
When I was at the airport checkin line (lots of other hunters), there were lots of discussions on people transiting JoBerg headed to other countries whose rifles are stuck in JoBerg.
japantiger
S
Related to the 2002 Hunt: USF&W Service approved the lion permit. We started the process this morning to get it headed this way. All three approved in under 2 years. Very fortunate.
JamesT83
AG
heading to Joberg this weekend - which company lost their ticket?
japantiger
S
It's one of the transport and logistics companies that had their firearms transport licence reboked, don't know the name
B-1 83
AG
japantiger said:

If I go for a fourth time, that's on my list.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
japantiger
S
B-1 83 said:

japantiger said:

If I go for a fourth time, that's on my list.
They are pretty animals...really standout in the herds. Same for the White Sided...I was looking for Saddle Back on the last day and we just didn't find an old male. Next time.
japantiger
S
"I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up that I was not happy." - Ernest Hemingway
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Not gonna lie, the lion king song popped into my head as soon as I saw this picture
japantiger
S
Acacia, wait-a-minutes (wag 'n bietjie in Afrikaanns) and camelthorne

FSGuide
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Not gonna lie, the lion king song popped into my head as soon as I saw this picture

After going to South Africa the first sound that pops into my head when I see pics is the Hadeda Ibis
japantiger
AgLA06
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I had that exact thought on the photo where one animal was skylined on a hill in the beginning of the trip like Pride Rock.
japantiger
S
Recap

Cromagnum
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.