Outdoors
Sponsored by

Africa

235,364 Views | 1184 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by drred4
0708aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that a double eagle very rare on the top shelf?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
JCA1 said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Where is the croc going to go?
I assume the croc with his mouth open will be the next urinal.

Encase it in lucite or some durable clear plastic and epoxy the whole thing to the bottom of the pool.
agrams
AG
I saw that. it's oak, and I like how it's done. I've seen some pool tables with live edge that are so irregular they look terrible. that strikes a nice balance.
HalifaxAg
AG
Please tell me you get to keep some of the hide from that bull elephant?

That would make a great pair of boots...for all of the OB!
LSB_2002
AG
Damn, what a thread!
txag2008
AG
The rope/pully driven fans are great
japantiger
S
Some answers:

Keeping all 6 panels from Elephant and will use them to do gun cases and furniture...same for Rhino

Fans are an 1876 design that were recently discontinued. The old gentleman that still made the mechanism passed away. They are functional and move a lot of air.

Pool table and shuffleboard are custom design made from 4 different woods .. top layer on both is spalted pecan...other layers alternate wenge, zebra wood and African mahogany. The legs on the shuffleboard are one of a kind.

Still thinking thru Croc mount. Likely full size extending down from ceiling on wall above my desk

Sacking out....busy day here tomorrow. Goal is to shoot a hippo early and hang some baits
MAROON
AG
Quote:

Sacking out....busy day here tomorrow. Goal is to shoot a hippo early and hang some baits
giddings_ag_06
AG
Oh yea, I forgot you still have like 5 weeks of hunting..
ought1ag
AG
cant wait to go to bed so when I wake up we will have hippo pics.......and not the kind you would find at 2AM leaving the bar
Pepper Brooks
AG
I think we've found the guy Barnes thinks he is in his head. Holding out judgement until I see what's in the garage.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
We went in 2018 which we thought was the trip of a lifetime. Japantiger's trip puts ours to shame... Africa is such a great destination and hopefully the next time I go back it will be to hunt...

Here's our summary... no animals were killed in the making:

rednecked
AG
japantiger said:

Some answers:

Keeping all 6 panels from Elephant and will use them to do gun cases and furniture...same for Rhino

Fans are an 1876 design that were recently discontinued. The old gentleman that still made the mechanism passed away. They are functional and move a lot of air.

Pool table and shuffleboard are custom design made from 4 different woods .. top layer on both is spalted pecan...other layers alternate wenge, zebra wood and African mahogany. The legs on the shuffleboard are one of a kind.

Still thinking thru Croc mount. Likely full size extending down from ceiling on wall above my desk

so I know this thread is all about the hunt but us woodworking types would love to see more pics of that pool table and shuffleboard table someday!
AgLA06
AG
Is the guy on the front of the jeep bait?!?
agrams
AG
ahh, the pecan makes sense with the spalting. The dark color reminded me of a live oak on the edge. I am working on some base designs for oljock from his Africa Safari earlier this year.
Sea Speed
AG
Would you like to borrow this book?

big ben
AG
I chose poorly on my career decisions
RO519
AG
Has anyone asked... What do you do, japantiger? I think I may be in the wrong industry!
Aggie Hunter
AG
I was wanting to ask myself so glad you did.
ought1ag
AG
I just looked him up on linkedin

"occupation - kills stuff"
aggiesundevil4
AG
I'm pretty sure he's chuck norris but in a scooby doo mask. I'm waiting for tomorrow's update where he tells us he killed the hippo with a roundhouse kick to the face.
lurker76
big ben said:

I chose poorly on my career decisions
Maybe so, maybe not, but you always have the toolbox thread to be remembered for.
aggiepaintrain
AG
ought1ag said:

I just looked him up on linkedin

"occupation - kills stuff"

and BAMF next to it
bmfvet
AG
JCA1 said:

You know you've made it when your house has a urinal. That's next level.

Best thing I did when we remodeled the house.
‘99
EskimoJoe
This thread is nothing short of amazing. I'm so happy Japantiger is able to make this trip happen, and we are able to follow along in somewhat real time. Catching up on updates of this adventure has been the highlight of my day since this thing started. It's going to be a tough day when it is wrapped up. Staff will have to stickey this to make it easier to get updates on mounts.
japantiger
S
Internet not as good here. Tried to upload some more photos and they just won't go. Will try to sort out details tonight.

Happy to watch away Aggie games with anyone that wants to come over...
japantiger
S
jmm said:

japantiger said:

We're in Bee Cave; SW of the people's republic of Austin.

Just east of you in Barton creek. Send a note when you get back and we will have a braai My neighbor owns a large farm adjoining Kruger and is on the African National Parks board. There are several Africa hunters in the hood. We will get a good fire going and pass the Amarula.

Happy to do it...but I can't get my wife to come if you don't have Six Dogs Gin
smstork1007
AG
How early is too early to show up? First away game is Arky, but i'm thinking the Monday after Miami we could start the pregame festivities. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.
RED AG 98
AG
In! A short 15 minute drive from Drip.

Seriously this is absolutely the most incredible thread. Well done japantiger! Looking forward to each day's update like it's Christmas.
BulletBob
What a great thread! Wonderful reading and anticipating your next post and the responses. Looking fwd to coming over to watch a game. ;-)

Sea Speed
AG
japantiger said:

Internet not as good here. Tried to upload some more photos and they just won't go. Will try to sort out details tonight.

Just pm me your address. Probably need to consult an eviction attorney too.
Hwy30East
I'm disappointed!

No new stories or pictures this morning!

The first thing I do every morning is check this thread........... And this morning nothing new...
DDSO
AG
Here for my Africa fix.
jlwhite
S
DOUBLE T! I spent a lot of time there with Bob.
japantiger
S
Sea Speed said:

japantiger said:

Just pm me your address. Probably need to consult an eviction attorney too.

I'm feeling a bit like Chevy Chase talking to Bill Murray in Caddy Shack about now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.