Outdoors
Sponsored by

Africa

232,995 Views | 1175 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by japantiger
LPHA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are Bonito fish big?
FSGuide
LPHA said:

Are Bonito fish big?

Smallish. I think the guide said they max out around 15 Lb.
The ones we were catching were all 5-6 Lb.

Oh, I also caught a Cormorant. That thing was not happy when I reeled it in. LoL.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
LPHA said:

Are Bonito fish big?

"Well Dale, they are what's called a trophy fish…..sooo yeah, they're pretty big."
japantiger
S
Finally finished the hunt book...some random pages. My editor (Teresa) did a great job!

Hwy30East
Wow, that's a great way to document an incredible trip! Very well done!
lurker76
Congrats on the book. It is a fantastic way to relive your trip.

Any update on when the rest of your trophies will be released?
japantiger
S
lurker76 said:

Congrats on the book. It is a fantastic way to relive your trip.

Any update on when the rest of your trophies will be released?
Everything is back in the US except for the Lion, Elephant and Kudu.

The Elephant and Kudu are on their way to South Africa currently. We are waiting on the US import permits for both the Elephant and the Lion. We expect the Elephant import permit within the year; so we'd have that and the Kudu both shipped at the same time. The Lion will take longer.

We're having replica's made of the elephant tusks to be shipped as soon as they can be made by the folks in SA and I will have a replica made of the Elephant back here in the US. When the tusks arrive back in the US, will put them around the mantle. Also have the hides coming back and will use them in furniture and for making other items.
Pondering65
AG
Very nice but now I'm wanting to read page 10 and beyond
japantiger
S
Had family plans change and this weekend will be going to the Aggie game solo.

I have 5 tickets if anyone is still not going to be in a blind on Saturday night and still looking for tickets. Section LC8. Price $0.00.

Message me if interested.

Also, USF&W elephant import permit has been approved. Having all the work done in South Africa for Elephant and Kudu.
Bregxit
AG
japantiger said:

Had family plans change and this weekend will be going to the Aggie game solo.

I have 5 tickets if anyone is still not going to be in a blind on Saturday night and still looking for tickets. Section LC8. Price $0.00.

Message me if interested.

Also, USF&W elephant import permit has been approved. Having all the work done in South Africa for Elephant and Kudu.

Message sent
jt2hunt
AG
Great opportunity!
japantiger
S
One ticket left.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”
Joseph Heller, Catch 22
aggiesundevil4
AG
Well played on where you posted the tickets!

I'm going after red stag next weekend for the first time, excited!
japantiger
S
aggiesundevil4 said:

Well played on where you posted the tickets!

I'm going after red stag next weekend for the first time, excited!

Where are you going after stag??

Good luck!!!
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”
Joseph Heller, Catch 22
aggiesundevil4
AG
I wish it was somewhere exotic like New Zealand or argentina, but it's not. I won a charity auction for the hunt at a ranch an hour northwest of San Antonio. But I'll do it on foot (rifle), I'm not a hunt from a blind hunter.
japantiger
S
Trophy room update. Most of the 2022 hunt was hung today and the Costal Black Bear.

agrams
AG
outstanding!
lurker76
Thanks! I've been (very impatiently) waiting for your post with the update. I hope this brings back some very satisfying and happy memories for you.
Fairview
AG
What are the 2024 hunts?
japantiger
S
Very good memories...
japantiger
S
Fairview said:

What are the 2024 hunts?

Headed to South Africa on May 7 for some sightseeing and to hunt in the Eastern Cape and then to KwaZulu-Natal. In August, going to the Brooke's Range in Alaska for a Grizzly hunt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.