Outdoors
Sponsored by

Africa

235,044 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FSGuide
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5 hours since the cryptic post.. if he never finishes this thread I am boycotting texags!!!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
agrams said:

5 hours since the cryptic post.. if he never finishes this thread I am boycotting texags!!!
SCHEDULE RELEASE DATE!!!!
flomoAG
AG
agrams said:

Maybe HouseDivided was correct. It was a sacrificial ceremony. RIP japantiger
Irish 2.0
agrams said:

DallasAg 94
98Ag99Grad
AG
He's 3 sheets to the wind right now enjoying his victory. Probably planning the parade route through the area after getting the big cat finally.
DallasAg 94
cupofjoe04
AG
Maybe you guys are interpreting it all wrong. Perhaps JapanTiger decided he wanted to help hang baits, but got stuck in the tree. So, they caught him in the chair as he jumped out...
2ndChanceAg96
AG
My guess is that it is some sort of ceremony for luck in his hunts.
DDSO
AG
That was my thought, too.
Bregxit
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

He's 3 sheets to the wind right now enjoying his victory. Probably planning the parade route through the area after getting the big cat finally.
Over/Under:
Macallan 28 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Why not the 75?
Bert315
AG
Drillbit4
AG
Congrats JapanTiger! Now show us the pics of Mr Spots!
JD05AG
AG
Get Off My Lawn
cupofjoe04 said:

Maybe you guys are interpreting it all wrong. Perhaps JapanTiger decided he wanted to help hang baits, but got stuck in the tree. So, they caught him in the chair as he jumped out...
My wife's running theory is that this is a local ritual when someone dies from a venomous snake bite to ward off the snakes from the rest of the village. It's a face frozen in anguish - not euphoria - that we're seeing. Someone posted to the account as a way of informing us that Africa had triumphed over JapanTiger.
Claude!
Watch this be his last post on the thread, leaving us all hanging.
ought1ag
AG
greatest troll job of all time if so
giddings_ag_06
AG
I finally arrived at camp. He flew me in.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

I finally arrived at camp. He flew me in.
When JapanTiger needs peach crown, he knows who to call...
HouseDivided06
AG
New strategy: send giddings to one blind, tell him to post a "goin live" thread, ensure that said animal wants NOTHING to do with that blind/bait guaranteeing it will come to HIS blind, profit. Actually, we should probably all incorporate this strategy come deer season.
japantiger
S
11:00 am local time here today. We were looking for warthogs to get leopard bait after checking baits this morning. We turned off the main trail to "The Pan" because there are always warthogs in The Pan. No warthogs. After about 50 yds...we see lions...that's why no warthogs....story tomorrow. Six years old. The lions here live in the Mopani thickets and everything has briars and thorns...that is why the shorter hair...it all gets pulled out as they move.

Will get some pictures out on his battle scars. You can see parts of him look purple...that is dried blood from his fights. He's got divets out of the back of his head and he had an open wound on his back on the left side. He had a harem of 3.

My phone has just completely crapped out tonight. Touch screen just jumping around like I am pushing buttons when I'm not. So hoping I can keep camera working until I get home. Comm's will have to be when I can get connected to the PC.

Almost midnight here so gonna sack out...we spent 5 hours in leopard blind tonight on the West end. That is where we are going to set until we get him. We heard him tonight; but he was moving away from the bait East down the river. He fed early this AM when we were leaving the bait on the East end. He'll be back and we'll be there.

rally-cap
AG
WOW
Thunder18
AG
Who nailed the call on the simba kill celebration from the earlier pic?
Hungry Ojos
Oh

My

God.
AtlAg05
AG
Thunder18 said:

Who nailed the call on the simba kill celebration from the earlier pic?

Based on the description, he took out Scar.
Bregxit
AG
TAMU77CLAY said:

To add to the mystery before he reveals his kill, the celebration in the photo is usually reserved when a lion is killed. The custom comes from the joy of the locals that simba has been eliminated from their area and is now safer for their lives.
japantiger
S
Nothing exotic here ... Save that for when I get home
DDSO
cupofjoe04
AG
Congrats!!!!!
Bert315
AG
aggiesundevil4
AG
Yep…he should be named Scar.
What a trip!
lurker76
Awesome. Congratulations and good for you. Now on to spots!

Edit: just realized I used the wrong emoji. Should have been thumbs up.
Big Bucks
AG
While "nazis" will forever be the finest individual post on TexAgs, this is the all-time best thread. Have thoroughly enjoyed checking my phone in the morning and evening for updates every day. Thank you for sharing with all of us, now go get the leopard!
AgEng06
AG
Amazing
OnlyForNow
AG
You probably got sand in and around the screen.

The sand interacts with the touchscreen interface.

If they have a can of air you might be able to fix it, or an air compressor!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.