I know earlier the color pink for two jurors was discussed, I'm not sure how real that is. If it is, your point very well may be valid. In my own experience the justice system seems like a charade, masquerading as a regal and honorable mechanism.
Last trial I was involved in, a man was accused of driving without insurance. He very well may have, he was looking at $1,000.00 dollar fine, he didn't look like he had two pennies to rub together with all the holes in his sweat pants and nasty t-shirt. He chose to defend himself, the DAs minion, a pompous mid twenties boufont haired wind bag, made a long speech about the seriousness and solemnity of these proceedings. Then he asked if anyone had an issue with the case at hand, I explained my position in plain english and how this entire performance employing 3 police offers, the assistant DA a court reporter and a judge in a tax payer funded room surely cost more than the $1,000.00 ticket this man could face. They kindly struck me from the group.
You raise a fair point about high profile cases, but this rot extends to the lower levels of the judicial system which somehow actually seeks to disproportionately punish those who haven't hurt anyone.