*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,264 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming that's correct - I wonder how long it takes? Mid season? Next season? Should be awesome watching it unfold.

I'm also curious when we get the big time jump to the older characters.

Based on the preview it seems like we get a significant time jump next episode, but not sure it would justify the older actors or not. I'm guessing that's a 20 year jump or so when we get the new actors. Could be wrong though. It just looks like the new Rhneyra is significantly older than Milly Alcock in these episodes.
bobinator
AG
Is it against the law to like throw a pelt or something down on the Iron Throne? Looks super uncomfortable anyway.
Phrasing
AG
LOL!!

Seriously though, you would think there would have been advancements in clothing or something after the first person got cut. Oven mitts and thimbles exist for a reason! Wear some padded clothes or something - you're the king!
AirplaneAg09
AG
Psycho Bunny
bobinator said:

Is it against the law to like throw a pelt or something down on the Iron Throne? Looks super uncomfortable anyway.
Wife and I had that same discussion, who would want a throne that's uncomfortable to sit on and rule. Give me a giant bean bag chair then I'll rule the 7 kingdoms.
Claude!
"A king should never sit easy."

--Aegon the Conqueror

----Michael Scott
redline248
AG
I imagine if a king put a bunch of pillows around the iron throne to prevent cuts, there would be a pretty quick attempt to overthrow him.
LB12Diamond
AG
Did the throne do anything like that to anyone in the 8 seasons of GoT?

Funny that in just one episode of this new series it's messing the King up.

If they are symbolizing saying it's rejecting this king. There were plenty of bad ones that sat on it in GoT.
redline248
AG
I can't remember if Joffrey was ever knicked, or if there was any conversations about previous kings. Other than Joffrey, only Robert, Cersei and Tommen spent much time on it. By the time Tommen got around to it, I doubt the writers cared abut this particular little side effect.
Stive
AG
I remember there being comments about how uncomfortable it was but I don't remember anyone ever getting cut or hurt.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Well it's conceivable that Robert had the edges blunted and perhaps made less dangerous.
Post removed:
by user
JJxvi
AG
The throne cutting someone is a thing mainly from the books. The previous TV series played down most of the stuff about the physical Iron Throne. They even had Littlefinger say he counted all the swords and there weren't even that many. In the books, I think its referenced that the Mad King had another nickname, King Scab because he cut himself carelessly on the throne so much. In this series, it looks like they've even tried to rectify the fact that the Iron Thron in the original series was so puny by plastering all kinds of swords all along the entire platform and steps, making it more like the huge size and number of swords of the throne mentioned in the books. So I guess in world for TV, at some point the Iron Throne was minimized between these series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Claude! said:

"A king should never sit easy."

--Aegon the Conqueror

----Michael Scott

- Billy Zane, Titanic
The Porkchop Express
AG
Jeffrey cut himself the day Barristan Selmy quit. Robert was probably too fat to feel it.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Would you rather sit in the iron throne

Or the wooden throne?

MW03
AG

The Porkchop Express
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Or the wooden throne?

THat's between takes as those 3 actors try to figure out WTF is going on with the script.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The visuals in episode 2 were fantastic. The shots of the bridge leading to Dragonstone and the dragon flying under the clouds was awesome
The Porkchop Express
AG
Bregxit said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

The visuals in episode 2 were fantastic. The shots of the bridge leading to Dragonstone and the dragon flying under the clouds was awesome

That was the same bridge Jon Snow was on when Drogon buzzed the tower, no?
That's what I thought as well. I was really expecting Caraxes to show up and just torch them.
redline248
AG
bluefire579
AG
OnlyForNow said:

In one of the books, one of the Targ Kings continuously cuts himself by accident on the throne, and it ends up playing a major role in his health decline and, if I remember correctly, his death.
Pretty sure that was Aerys, the Mad King from right before the main series (Dany's father)
NTAS
DallasTeleAg said:

Are you new to the TexAgs Entertainment board?

On every TV show thread on this forum, discussions about an ongoing show are open regarding any aired episode. If it's based on another medium, and you know spoilers for future episodes, then you spoiler tag them. I don't understand why that is hard to not just assume.

You should also be spoiler tagging any begin the scenes reporting from insiders.

Really, unless you are a sociopath, it shouldn't be hard to know what to wrap in a spoiler tag.
He is not new around here, maybe recognize previous user name of teenage cheerleader stocker, making your bolded comment prophetic
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

Or the wooden throne?

THat's between takes as those 3 actors try to figure out WTF is going on with the script.

That's them watching The Rise of Skywalker.
will25u

The Porkchop Express
AG
NTAS said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Are you new to the TexAgs Entertainment board?

On every TV show thread on this forum, discussions about an ongoing show are open regarding any aired episode. If it's based on another medium, and you know spoilers for future episodes, then you spoiler tag them. I don't understand why that is hard to not just assume.

You should also be spoiler tagging any begin the scenes reporting from insiders.

Really, unless you are a sociopath, it shouldn't be hard to know what to wrap in a spoiler tag.
He is not new around here, maybe recognize previous user name of teenage cheerleader stocker, making your bolded comment prophetic
nm
The Porkchop Express
AG
bluefire579 said:

OnlyForNow said:

In one of the books, one of the Targ Kings continuously cuts himself by accident on the throne, and it ends up playing a major role in his health decline and, if I remember correctly, his death.
Pretty sure that was Aerys, the Mad King from right before the main series (Dany's father)
I think Tywin Lannister mentions it, or maybe Jamie when he's telling the story of the Mad King's death to Brienne.

From a Wiki of Ice and Fire - the source is a Jamie chapter in AFFC

Towards the end of his reign, Aerys would often cut himself on the blades of the Iron Throne. His arms and legs were always covered with scabs and half-healed cuts from the Iron Throne, and he became known as King Scab
WestAustinAg
AG
Nobody has mentioned the bridge scene. That was incredible. The one dragon threatens the Hand and his crew. "put away your swords". They're about to either die or lose face. Then the other dragon swoops in and princess puts uncle in his place. Wow.
OnlyForNow
AG
I think that's right. There was mentioned how much blood was on the throne too though in F and B.
combat wombat™
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I think that's right. There was mentioned how much blood was on the throne too though in F and B.

Guess it never crossed anyone's mind to clean the disgusting thing.
The Porkchop Express
AG
combat wombat said:

OnlyForNow said:

Guess it never crossed anyone's mind to clean the disgusting thing.

Now I want a deleted scene of Illyn Payne in there with a garden hose between sessions of court.
bluefire579
AG
Would make sense. Can't imagine he'd be the first to cut himself on a throne of literal swords that saw 200+ years of different rulers. He's just memorable because it's mentioned directly in the narrative
The Porkchop Express
AG
Feel like Robert Baratheon would have replaced it with a Barco Lounger with a mini-fridge built into it.

Do we ever even see him on the Iron Throne? It definitely doesn't seem like it in the show, and I haven't read the first book since the stinker of a last season.

Now I feel like I missed some punch-you-in-the-face symbolism that he hated being king so he never is on the throne in the first novel at all. Can anyone remember otherwise?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow, come to think of it, I don't think we do. Google just shows me promo images of him on the Iron Throne.

From what I recall, almost as soon as they get to KL, he goes on the boar hunt and gets injured, so we never even see him in the throne room.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.