*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

275,964 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://twitter.com/targaryen****/status/1584368629860081664?s=20&t=H6RxtB1_jCUZIPBsZiY70g
CFTXAG10
AG
Great episode. Great finale. I got chills when Daemon put his brothers crown on the Queen.
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol you're shocked a guy choked his second wife after killing the first in cold blood?
rynning
AG
This episode felt more like the first episode of season 2, which is to say, perfect. I'm even more excited for it than I expected.
oragator
The the whole episode he thought he was in charge, even if she kind of had the title.
But her knowing that from her dad and not him reinforced the fact that it was her with the real power. That's where his anger came from.
That's how I took it
KidDoc
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Daemon choking his wife was pretty weird and out of nowhere. Not sure what the point of that was other than just to show he's kind of unhinged I guess.
Yes it was to show he is unstable and bloodthirsty like Dany. It is a Targ trait like some are fire proof.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
KidDoc said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Daemon choking his wife was pretty weird and out of nowhere. Not sure what the point of that was other than just to show he's kind of unhinged I guess.
Yes it was to show he is unstable and bloodthirsty like Dany. It is a Targ trait like some are fire proof.
it is not so much he is unstable, it is that he is arrogant, selfish, and cannot process grief or anger.

he treats all women as *****

for that matter, he treats all men as **** too.

he is purposefully a dick.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well you knew one of the two kids was a goner.

Anyone know what dragon that was Daemon was singing to?

Vermithor

I watch with captioning on
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Lol you're shocked a guy choked his second wife after killing the first in cold blood?

I was waiting for that response. Pretty clearly very different situations, and he'd shown no violent tendencies towards Rhaenyra before this.

We all knew he was unhinged. But I guess they needed to drive that point home.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sometimes you gotta choke a ***** . [/Prince Wayne Brady, First of His Name]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well you knew one of the two kids was a goner.

Anyone know what dragon that was Daemon was singing to?

Vermithor

I watch with captioning on

I've been burned by Google before, I take it this was our introduction to this particular dragon, correct?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I believe so. I believe Daemon mentioned it as currently riderless earlier in the episode
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say I really enjoyed seeing the restraint shown by Rhaenyra versus the hotheaded Daemon. It was exactly what I was hoping for this episode to be. And clearly sets her apart from the last Targ queen we saw go to war.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Genuinely curious what women think about how Rhaenera is able and to move around so well postpartum.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Yep. Did the same thing earlier this season and that last battle was spoiled.

Bad mix of hard to keep track of and too easy to find out stuff you don't want to know.
Drake aTm
AG
Daemon stated earlier that there are unclaimed dragons.

Appears he's trying to tame as many as he can to win the wars to come.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Daemon was all "We're gonna need a bigger dragon."
Leto Agtreides II
AG
To preface, I have really enjoyed this show and thought the finale was very well done, but I hoping for more this episode. We knew war was coming anyways, so I wish more would have happened now since we'll have to wait two years for S2.

Also praying there aren't any more births the rest of this show as it way just way overdone and gross. Don't give me the "it's supposed to be war" reasoning, I know what they were trying to do, just overdid it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was the first time we see Storm's End, right? Don't recall ever seeing it in GoT.
deer corn
Brian Earl Spilner said:

M.C. Swag said:

I was waiting for that response. Pretty clearly very different situations, and he'd shown no violent tendencies towards Rhaenyra before this.

We all knew he was unhinged. But I guess they needed to drive that point home.

AKSHUUUALLY it was his third wife.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Silvertaps
AG
Objective Aggie said:

At least they didn't go back to grueling childbirth scenes.

Having a 4 month old made that scene even harder to watch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
oragator said:

The the whole episode he thought he was in charge, even if she kind of had the title.
But her knowing that from her dad and not him reinforced the fact that it was her with the real power. That's where his anger came from.
That's how I took it

I think this is a good take. And he's probably also feeling frustrated and emasculated that she stopped him from killing Otto earlier.
mandevilleag
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I will say I really enjoyed seeing the restraint shown by Rhaenyra versus the hotheaded Daemon. It was exactly what I was hoping for this episode to be. And clearly sets her apart from the last Targ queen we saw go to war.
Dany showed restraint too, up until the point Cersea threw her best good friend off the wall. Rhaenyra didn't give a restraint vibr after daemon delivered the news, We shall see in 2 years.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Loved that final scene with Rhaenyra

Anyone who questioned her casting... and her look after the younger version of her....

she OWNED this episode and demonstrated her emotions beautifully. The way it was written demanded so much from her this episode and wow!!!

She also looked stunning and quite regal - with the childbirth scene omitted naturally.

But even with that, or specially with that and other scenes this season for her I kept having the thought that Rhanaerys is the strongest ****ing person in this entire series. Maybe in the entire GOT. Physically strong of course not, although she withstood enough pain to drop many men, but strength of character, poise, grace and a backbone that won't ****ing quit.

To refuse to attack first, to deny what all her sworn allegiant followers and Daemon wanted. To stand up to Rhaenys and Corlys in a measured way and to handle every aspect of this pragmatically. Her moves were strategic and rational and well considered.

Perfectly executed and she might have even avoided war with House Valyryon and the dragons on her side.... She just ran up against a wildcard in Aemon. Tremendous villain counter move there. Right up until he lost control of his dragon. Oops. But well played. The look when he realized what he did. Priceless.

Just juxtapose all of Rhaneryra's expressions to that last one when she turned back to the camera. Brilliant without saying a word. But the message was conveyed "Oh you want war.... well you got it."

So it shall be war. Game on.
Drake aTm
AG
"The idea that we control dragons is an illusion"- King Viserys
tk for tu juan
Noticed today is Emilia Clarke's birthday
MonkeyKnifeFighter
oragator
So if you break down what this war is largely about in the end, it's two women feeling their kids had been wronged. And anyone on the planet knows that's nit who you mess with.
gggmann
AG
I really like what they did with Aemond with the look on his face as he's realizing the consequences of what just happened. Looks like he might be a more complex character than just an unhinged kinslayer.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Aemond has chronic sling blade face
Lathspell
AG
Damn... that was definitely a good episode. Can't help but to make comparisons to Rings of Power, seeing them both at the same time. This was so far and away better than any episode of Rings of Power, and it's not even close.

I was anxious from the moment Luke landed at Storms End, and that entire scene was crazy.

Loved Erryk arriving with the crown and swearing his oaths to Rhaenyra. Great scene.

Enjoyed Rhaenys basically putting on the poker face all episode to see how Rhaenyra reacts. The actor does a great job portraying her, and I really like her character a lot. She is a very complex character and I enjoy always putting myself in her shoes, with what she has experienced, and still how measured and composed she always is.

The actor for Rhaenyra did a great job and has done so, all season. She actually looks perfectly fine when she isn't dressing down, like she does in real life. I do agree that I can do without anymore birthing scenes. Yeah, i don't mind a fight scene where someone chops someone else's head off, but I don't want to sit there and watch someone slowly saw another person's head off.

This season finale actually made me excited for Season 2. I wouldn't mind waiting 2 years for season 2 of Rings of Power, this one I want right now.

Edit: Also, Ser Erryk is definitely either going to kill Christon Cole or be killed by him.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
She said she didn't want to be the one to plunge the realm into war, and wanted to prepare for the Greens to move first.

I'm going to guess the Starks and Tullys stand with their oaths.
I think we all suspected Lucerys was going to die in some way, based on all the converations he has had about not being up for combat in any way.
That whole scene was so well written and shot, imo.
You get to see the pride(and sense of disrespect from the Targaryens) of the Baratheon that eventually leads to the rebellion. Its a real misstep from Rhaenyra, and directly leads to the death of her son.

I took that look from Aemon being both knowwing that he just started the war by killing Lucerys and possibly also regret about actually killing him. That may even be the first person he had killed, and while he blustered about wanting to fight him and/or take his eye, actually doign the deed may have him feeling different.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.