*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

275,962 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BowSowy said:

Agree with everyone else here, Aemond was just imposing in every scene he was in. Is he really that much older than Rhaenyra's sons? Because that looked like an 18 year old against a 12 or 13 year old. He also looked much older than Aegon. I don't mean this to sound like a complaint against casting, because it's not. That character/actor told us he's going to be a badass without saying it.

Without looking it up, I know that Aemond is Alfred's ******* monk son in The Last Kingdom (ironic), so it's probably just that he's mid to late 20's, while the other two are actually late teens or early 20's.

I take it back, internet is saying he's only 20.
Ol Jock 99
AG
mernaggie12 said:

Was that the maid that was raped that went to the brothel?

No. It was the queens handmaiden. Who brought the girl that was raped the Plan B tea. (Or maybe death tea…)
combat wombat™
AG
mernaggie12 said:

Was that the maid that was raped that went to the brothel?

I'm wondering if the tea they gave her was a "plan b" tea or a "lights out" tea. Sorry sweetie, I believe you , here's some , gold, de in this tea… sorry about that, you are a liability and need to die.

CFTXAG10
AG
will25u
That CGI though for Viserys. His cheek is missing. How does he drink? Lol.

I hated that ending for what it will bring.

I'm pretty attached to the Rhaenyra and Daemon, so I know something bad will happen to the people I like, just like in GOT.
powerbelly
AG
How has the king aged so much while his brother hasn't aged at all. Time jumping was a terrible idea.
C@LAg
will25u said:

That CGI though for Viserys. His cheek is missing. How does he drink? Lol.

I hated that ending for what it will bring.

I'm pretty attached to the Rhaenyra and Daemon, so I know something bad will happen to the people I like, just like in GOT.
it is GOT.

bad things happen to everyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
powerbelly said:

How has the king aged so much while his brother hasn't aged at all. Time jumping was a terrible idea.

It's more about the sickness than the years.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Daemon is taking the Tyrion Season 1 journey from "**** this weirdo" to "HELL YEA!"

I loved the small detail that Daemon didn't cut off his head, more like from the jaw up. Dark Sister doing work.

Viserys busting into the throne room I'd rate as the #1 moment of the show so far.

My only unintentional laugh came when at dinner the King asks for music and it starts up half a second later. Like were the musicians all off camera just ready to go for that first hour thinking "this is it, here it comes, be ready, GO!"
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
powerbelly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

Okay
The Porkchop Express
AG
powerbelly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

Okay
They should have taken some time to make Cole and Demon look older. Just some grey hair or some wrinkles. Or a different haircut even.

C@LAg
powerbelly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

Okay
have you never been around someone with recurring rounds of cancer or similar diseases?

the body ages much faster, skin gets thinner, age/liver spots, hair falls out, eyes get milky or yellow...
powerbelly
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

powerbelly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

Okay
They should have taken some time to make Cole and Demon look older. Just some grey hair or some wrinkles. Or a different haircut even.

Literally anything would help. He looks like he hasn't aged a day.
Sports-Ag
AG
So I gave in and read a long summary of the Dance of the Dragons book after the show and…oh my.

The anticipation got to me.
powerbelly
AG
C@LAg said:

powerbelly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

Okay
have you never been around someone with recurring rounds of cancer or similar diseases?

Yes. How does that keep his brother from aging a day?
cbr
AG
Great episode. May rewatch - what were his last words?

Did i get it that he thought he was telling his daughter she had to have the heirs to unite, but was actually talking to his wife - and his wife didn't realize the mistake?
C@LAg
powerbelly said:

C@LAg said:

powerbelly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

Okay

Yes. How does that keep his brother from aging a day?
he is a healthy, fit Targ male in his prime.

Targs were known for being resistant to a lot of common ailments.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Had to turn on subtitles. He said "no more" then "my love"

And yes, he still thought he was talking to Rhaenarya from when she was pleading with him the night before.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ewan Mitchell as Aemond is phenomenal. If you've watched The Last Kingdom, which is just brilliant, he plays a polar opposite character on that show - a basterd himself who is a monk who eventually becomes a decent warrior.

powerbelly
AG
Like aging? Seriously?
C@LAg
powerbelly said:

Like aging? Seriously?
i said common ailments.

think of him like Tom Cruise.

For about 20 or so years, middle age, he barely changed.
redline248
AG
This show is just turning up to 11. That entire throne room scene was superb. I totally get where Vaemond was coming from, but damn, dude...you can't be that uppity to the king in front of all those people.

How many in that room actually filed away not to turn their back on Daemon. lol

and for real...Paddy just absolutely owned the role from day f-cking one.
will25u
Even though I like Rhaenyra, I really think she is weak and desperate in how she is trying to hold on to her power, and protect her family.

We will see if it changes, but in my eyes, she is not up to the "Game of Thrones" politicing.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Vaemond:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How so? To me she seems she's been doing everything right in the past two episodes at least.
redline248
AG
If we knew more about what she and Daemon have been doing to prepare for the sh-tshow that's coming...
canadiaggie
AG
I just realised that Luke was giggling his ass off because they put a roast pig in front of Aemond, not because he was fondly remembering that he gouged out his uncle's eye. No idea how I missed that the first time
deer corn
C@LAg said:

powerbelly said:

Like aging? Seriously?
i said common ailments.

think of him like Tom Cruise.

For about 20 or so years, middle age, he barely changed.

FFS powerbelly, do you even Dick Clark bro?

Daemon didn't age. Are you going to harp on that another 2-3 pages?
CondensedFogAggie

Love how Daemon at the end of the scuffle wordlessly sends his stepsons away, sighs, and stands there just looking at his nephew. We all know what he's thinking.

'Looks like I'm going to have to do some Targaryen kinslaying one day, starting with this one'

powerbelly
AG
That dinner scene showed a glimpse of what we missed in the recent Dune movie from a similar dinner scene.
zap
AG
Luke and Jace better start training. What have they been doing all these years?

They are not ready for what Aemond can do.
M.C. Swag
AG
To be fair to Jace, he looks like he's been studying to rule (we see him pouring over a map learning about ship movements in Valyrian). He's a first born dragon rider who is set to inherit the throne whereas Aemond is a second born who is set to inherit nothing. Everything he will have must be taken (ex Vhagar) and he's clearly trained for that.
M.C. Swag
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Love how Daemon at the end of the scuffle wordless sends his stepsons away, sighs, and stands there and just looking at his nephew. We all know what he's thinking.

'Looks like I'm going to have to do some Targaryen kinslaying one day, starting with this one'

Lol unfortunately it looks like Aemond might be the better fighter now (or at least close to it). He bested Cole who was using morning star (something Daemon could not do).
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Daemon also took on all of the crab people by himself after.
M.C. Swag
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Daemon also took on all of the crab people by himself after.
haha right but im talking about transitive property. The only common opponent they've faced, Aemond beat and Daemon did not. So it'd def be a fair match!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.