*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

256,981 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Dog Lord
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ramsay was a way bigger c-nt
PatAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

agracer said:

Charlie Conway said:

My biggest complaint is that Daemon took out the horses legs with his lance, what, I don't know a lot about jousting but I can't believe that's allowable.
That and he'd have been de-horsed by the opposing lance before the opposing horse tripped over his lance. I thought that was stupid as well.

Maybe my dislike for the Smith casting is he instantly screams privileged, slime ball that we all love to hate. That and his acting seems forced.

So the exact character he's portraying? I'm confused.

He does have a sort of resting **** eating grin on his face, similar to Ramsey.
Thats the right description for it. Like they know a secret about whoever they are looking at, and are just deciding best how to use it.
DallasTeleAg
Duncan Idaho said:

They did a great job casting the princess. I don't know what it is about her but something about her just doesn't sit right.
I thought the same thing. She looks... almost alien?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Max Power
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Duncan Idaho said:

They did a great job casting the princess. I don't know what it is about her but something about her just doesn't sit right.
I thought the same thing. She looks... almost alien?
Both of the actresses cast to play Rhaenyra look kind odd, but maybe that was the point?

Milly Alcock (young Rhaenyra)

Emma D'Arcy
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
She's missing her upper lip. That's why her face looks distinctive.
redline248
AG
So, are we getting time jumps and actually have both actresses play the part, or does imdb just have 2 because it didn't know the right one?
WES2006AG
AG
They just look British to me.
Aggie87
AG
redline248 said:

So, are we getting time jumps and actually have both actresses play the part, or does imdb just have 2 because it didn't know the right one?

Time jumps. There are two actresses playing Rhaenyra, as well as Alicent.
Bregxit
AG
WES2006AG said:

They just look British to me.

The young one is Aussie. The old one is British and gender confused.

Quote:

"Rhaenyra has an ongoing battle with what it means to be a woman and is a fundamental outsider," D'Arcy said. "She's terrified of getting locked into motherhood and is aware of how her position would be different if she were male. I'm a non-binary person. I've always found myself both pulled and repelled by masculine and feminine identity, and I think that plays out truthfully here. She can't attend court in a way that comes easily to other people."
redline248
AG
Aggie87 said:

redline248 said:

That seems pretty dumb. Is it cheaper to pay actors than buy makeup?
Phrasing
AG
Just watched last night - loved it!

Do you think we get the time jump in Episode 2 or do we wait until further into the season? The end of Ep 1 to me had an end of the season feel to it, like it was just setting up the larger real story set several years in the future.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
redline248 said:

Aggie87 said:

redline248 said:

That seems pretty dumb. Is it cheaper to pay actors than buy makeup?
You watched ep1 and saw her as an actress that they can make look 20 years older?
redline248
AG
Sure. She's not 10
emando2000
AG
deer corn said:

I thought Targs were incestuous. Why doesbt the uncle just marry the princess?

Also, a lot of unattractive people cast for this.
Apparently you've never been to tittie city. "Ever seen a bad tittie?"
Houston Lee
AG
combat wombat said:

BoxingAg84 said:

redline248 said:

King's brother does what he wants
I think he Poisoned the Iron Throne. That's why that sore on Viserys Back isn't healing. He also *****ed his hand again towards the end of the episode.

I don't know if he poisoned it, but when he cut himself I immediately told my husband that he was going to die from that wound.

Will he? Who knows.
Tetanus from a rusty iron throne?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say the two actresses playing Alicent don't actually look different enough for the age gap, tbh. (The "older" one is pretty hot btw.)

Personally I think they should have cast someone who looked just a bit older, or someone considerably younger for the young part. Maybe an actual 16 year old or however old she is supposed to be.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I will say the two actresses playing Alicent don't actually look different enough for the age gap, tbh. (The "older" one is pretty hot btw.)

Personally I think they should have cast someone who looked just a bit older, or someone considerably younger for the young part. Maybe an actual 16 year old or however old she is supposed to be.
According to Alt she should have been older according to the books
BenFiasco14
AG
redline248 said:

First I heard of this. Suddenly less excited now.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wow. We're trading this:

https://instagr.am/p/ChU6j1rs8Ep

https://instagr.am/p/CglGqrmo0_j

She's 22, so shut up. For this:

https://instagr.am/p/ChWr-tkIeHe

https://instagr.am/p/Cgj0-PZrhmR

Like the younger folks say, "I can't even"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AgE2theBONE
AG
I enjoyed this episode even more upon re-watch.

I stopped reading Fire and Blood as soon as Viserys died because I didn't want to compare, or even know what's supposed to happen, specifically, as this show unfolds.

But my impression, especially after the 2nd viewing, is that Daemon isn't a bad dude at all. He's restless, impulsive, resentful and full of ego, and that makes sense for a 2nd born prince who's much more a warrior than his brother the king.

But I don't believe he'd conspire against Viserys, I think he loves his brother. When he told the king "You're weak Visery" and that the council knew and preyed upon that, it seemed really sincere. He also seemed to be sincere at the funeral. He's just a flawed guy, not a bad guy.

We'll see.

It's pretty obvious that the friendship between Rhaenyra and Alicent is gonna get torn to shreds if she becomes the King's wife, so that can be interesting.

So glad to be back in this universe.
SA68AG
AG
I thought it was slow and boring. I found none of the characters to be either appealing or interesting.
I'll watch another couple of episodes to see if it picks up. If not , on to something else.
Aggie87
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Wow. We're trading this:

https://instagr.am/p/ChU6j1rs8Ep

https://instagr.am/p/CglGqrmo0_j

She's 22, so shut up. For this:

https://instagr.am/p/ChWr-tkIeHe

https://instagr.am/p/Cgj0-PZrhmR

Like the younger folks say, "I can't even"

She doesn't look too bad in the pre-show photos.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah younger one is definitely hotter.

For Alicent I say the opposite is true.

JJxvi
AG
I guess all the politics would be too boring, but I was annoyed at the depictions of the tournament. This franchise is very gory and dirty for realism sake, but it took me out of it when they just throw in gore and violence when it will detract from realism. No Lord is going to let the main part of the power base of his armies go out and all kill and maim each other. Sure there should be accidents, but a tournament would be more like war training not war itself.
DallasTeleAg
I agree. The tournament was stupid. I could imagine one of them getting carried away, followed by a big enough reprimand that it wouldn't happen again.
emando2000
AG
JJxvi said:

I guess all the politics would be too boring, but I was annoyed at the depictions of the tournament. This franchise is very gory and dirty for realism sake, but it took me out of it when they just throw in gore and violence when it will detract from realism. No Lord is going to let the main part of the power base of his armies go out and all kill and maim each other. Sure there should be accidents, but a tournament would be more like war training not war itself.

Yep, so unrealistic! Glad they have dragons to make it more realistic!

Teddy Perkins
AG
Anyone found a good family tree for the Targs up to HOT D? I'm afraid to look since I don't want to be spoiled on anything HOT D.
tk for tu juan
Yeah, don't look at the family tree. I remember parts of it from three years ago when reading about the Targaryen family history. There will be spoilers in the family tree
Duncan Idaho
Teddy Perkins said:

Anyone found a good family tree for the Targs up to HOT D? I'm afraid to look since I don't want to be spoiled on anything HOT D.

So you want a picture of a stick?
Aggie87
AG
JJxvi said:

There's been peace for more than 60 years at this point (longer than most of them have lived), so the thought process is probably a little different than if there was a perceived threat on the immediate horizon.
tk for tu juan
Duncan Idaho said:

Teddy Perkins said:

It looks more like the BASEketball playoff bracket
Teddy Perkins
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Teddy Perkins said:

A twisty stick with lots of incest.
JJxvi
AG
Quote:

There's been peace for more than 60 years at this point, so the thought process is probably a little different than if there was a perceived threat on the immediate horizon.
No way. These also arent the king's men alone, but knights and sons of all his underlings. There certainly wouldnt be 50 years of peace in the realm if like Every time theres a tournament some Stark son is axing a Lannister in the face.
PatAg
AG
emando2000 said:

JJxvi said:

Yep, so unrealistic! Glad they have dragons to make it more realistic!

The complaint is that it lacks logic, not that it isnt realistic

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.