Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (spoilers and discussion)

216,657 Views | 1640 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
Atreides Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Order_of_the_Whills

If I interpret the reference it is from an Episode III screenplay.

3rdGen2015
AG
I was doing some research into what they were yesterday after I posted that question, and this seems to be a pretty good summary of the Whills and how they simultaneously are all over Star Wars history and not a part of the history at all.

http://and-then-bam-cassiopeia.tumblr.com/post/153886199104/a-history-of-the-whills
oragator
Posted without comment.

http://www.avclub.com/article/dumpstarwars-protesters-demand-rogue-one-be-safe-s-247186
The Collective
AG
Sounds like Chris Weitz should have kept his mouth shut instead of melting down over the US political situation and trying to compare it to the Star Wars universe. He just invited crazies to do this sort of thing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Frankly, the people that are going to actually follow through with any of that are going to be so small in number that I have to ask why even right an article and recognize these people and give them the attention they're seeking?
3rdGen2015
AG
Here are bits of two of the tracks in the movie. I like what I'm hearing so far.
Quote:

You'll hear samples from two songs: "Her Path Is Clear," which is most likely a Jyn Erso theme, and "Approach to Eadu," which references the storm-drenched planet the Rebel spies visit.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/09/rogue-one-star-wars-michael-giacchino-score
TajMaballer
AG
Bought tickets for next Friday and am going to try to read Catalyst before hand. Anyone read it yet?
Farmer1906
AG
TajMaballer said:

Bought tickets for next Friday and am going to try to read Catalyst before hand. Anyone read it yet?
Yes. Its pretty boring, but its nice backstory. I think it'll help better understand Rogue One.
Duncan Idaho
oragator said:

Posted without comment.

http://www.avclub.com/article/dumpstarwars-protesters-demand-rogue-one-be-safe-s-247186

I am Going to sneak pop tarts into the theater when I see it just to piss guys like this off
Cromagnum
AG
Lots of idiots getting paid to make fake news stories, and even bigger idiots believing them.
BMX Bandit
Farmer1906
AG
Kylo ain't dying. He's going to turn. He'll destroy evil Rey in 9.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No way in hell they make Rey go dark side. She's too beloved by too many people now.

And Kylo killed Han ****ing Solo. **** that kid.
Farmer1906
AG
#TeamKylo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Although honestly, if they do go that route and pull even one of those off convincingly (Rey going dark or Kylo going light), much respect.
Farmer1906
AG
To me Kylo coming to the light is Darth Vader all over again. We've seen it. Now we need to one up it.
MandoArms
I thought this was the Rogue One thread???
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MandoArms
Thanks!
TCTTS
AG

Farmer1906
AG
No negatives?
Duncan Idaho
At first I was misreading that second tweet. I thought he was saying that the trailers didn't give it all away. Not that the trailers have a bunch of stuff that isn't in the movie
The Collective
AG

Edit: I feel bad putting this tweet up, even on the spoiler thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are we allowing spoilers in this thread without spoiler tags even before Thursday or no?

Just want to know if I should tap out until Thursday night.
The Collective
AG
Well, I doubt anyone will post anything spoilery, but I think we should use tags if sharing something plot related.

What i took down was a tweet from Breznican, and while more hinting at the general feel for a character, I felt like some wouldn't want to have the info confirmed. If you are curious, look at his tweets.
TCTTS
AG
Same. I even posted that in the other thread, re-read it, and then was like, "Crap. He means a lot of the trailer footage isn't in the movie." So I deleted it and posted it here.

That said, he did just tweet this morning that he was drunk at the afterparty and can't understand half the stuff he tweeted last night. So maybe he really did mean that there's a ton in the movie that's not in the trailers.
MandoArms
Well, I'm going to be completely useless for the next four days. I have bought into all the hype and I think this movie will be epic.
The Collective
AG
Live look at me right now...
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Same. I even posted that in the other thread, re-read it, and then was like, "Crap. He means a lot of the trailer footage isn't in the movie." So I deleted it and posted it here.

That said, he did just tweet this morning that he was drunk at the afterparty and can't understand half the stuff he tweeted last night. So maybe he really did mean that there's a ton in the movie that's not in the trailers.
What does it mean when studios air footage on trailers not in movie? Anything specific?
Bruce Almighty
AG
I usually take these premiere reactions with a grain of salt (insert any DC film), but it's Star Wars so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. But should we be concerned that there are no actual reviews for this yet? More often than not, no reviews this late means bad movie and Disney isn't known for holding reviews. What gives?
MandoArms
Bruce Almighty said:

I usually take these premiere reactions with a grain of salt (insert any DC film), but it's Star Wars so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. But should we be concerned that there are no actual reviews for this yet? More often than not, no reviews this late means bad movie and Disney isn't known for holding reviews. What gives?

That doesn't worry me, this is exactly what they did with TFA last year.
The Collective
AG
Disney held reviews for Episode VII on pretty much the same schedule. I really think it has more to do with spoilers than anything else. That seems to be the chief concern with Star Wars films.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Did they? For some reason, I thought the reviews came out earlier.
The Collective
AG
http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-review-embargo-set-by-disney-lucasfilm/
Quote:

Disney and Lucasfilm have announced that the official review embargo for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will be 12:01 a.m. PST on Wednesday, Dec. 16.

The film will premiere Monday night in Hollywood before screening for press on Tuesday.

The Collective
AG
Updated OP. Review embargo lift time moved up from 5pm EST to 12PM EST tomorrow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.