****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,440 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rumblings of an HB trade are getting stronger
Grapesoda2525
M.C. Swag said:

Rumblings of an HB trade are getting stronger
Not sure if that's good or bad.

Details?
hph6203
AG
Sacramento has been trying to add a player to push them into the playoffs for the first time in 12 years. One of their rumored targets was Otto Porter Jr. the other is Harrison Barnes. Otto Porter Jr. was just traded to Chicago so Sacramento either has to accept no change in their roster, trading for Barnes or exploring other options.

Dal
Harrison Barnes
Dwight Powell

For

Sac
Zach Randolph
Willie Cauley-Smith
Kosta Koufos
COAg15
AG
Kings just sent shumpert to Houston. Does that take them out of Hb contention
2wealfth Man
AG
Barnes gone to Sac for Zach Randolf (expiring contract) and another player per Woj. Salary move so Mavs can go after Vucevic of Orlando this summer?
MW03
AG
hph6203
AG
Nice.
Danny Vermin
Barnes for Randolph and Jackson a done deal.
True Anomaly
AG
He's literally still sitting on the bench right now- I'm staring at the back of his head
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Cuban just traded Barnes away during the commercial break. LMAO.

Get your money AD. **** these front offices.
True Anomaly
AG
Oh....and another triple-double for Wonderboy
AgGrad99
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Barnes gone to Sac for Zach Randolf (expiring contract) and another player per Woj. Salary move so Mavs can go after Vucevic of Orlando this summer?

Yep. Gotta dump some salary and this was 25 million gone.

Also allows us to likely keep Powell

Can't believe they were able to move Barnes.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Nice, the Barnes trade will free up some space.

Hardaway didn't have a good shooting night. But I saw some things I liked. I was pleasantly surprised at his ball movement. The ball didn't seem to stick with him and he didn't bog down the offense with iso ball. Most of his shots came in the flow. Hopefully he keeps that up as he gets more comfortable with the team.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'm shocked we were able to dump Barnes but not shocked that Sacramento is the one team dumb enough to take him.
AgGrad99
AG
Really impressed with the Mavs this year.

I feared them spinning their wheels and not putting a good team around Doncic, and eventually losing him. But they are being smart and aggressive.

Completely changed the outlook of this team in a couple weeks it seems
AgGrad99
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I'm shocked we were able to dump Barnes but not shocked that Sacramento is the one team dumb enough to take him.

Ha. Very true.
COAg15
AG
Man mid game is just ruthless. HB wasn't apart of our plan going forward, but I appreciate what he did for Dallas. Wish him the best in Sacramento
Seven Costanza
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Apparently they want to sign him to a long-term deal.
rsf0626
Trading him mid game was ruthless

HBs as classy and good a guy as they come. I hope he kills it with the kings and they sign him long term
rsf0626
PooDoo
AG
Ced Ceballos just said Randolph will get 30-40 ppg if they don't double team him in the post. Lol.
2wealfth Man
AG
seeing from ESPN that Mavs will get $30 million in cap space for 2019-2020 from this move. $40 million if Powell opts-out (which seems unlikely). Forget about Randolph, he is irrelevant as a player in this deal.
rsf0626
Its almost impossible for sacramento to get big free agents. This is a good move for them
rsf0626
mavsfan4ever
AG
it's not if they are planning on paying him big money.

He's a goood guy, but he's not worth his contract and won't be worth his next contract if it's near what this last one was.
Iowaggie
AG
2wealfth Man said:

seeing from ESPN that Mavs will get $30 million in cap space for 2019-2020 from this move. $40 million if Powell opts-out (which seems unlikely). Forget about Randolph, he is irrelevant as a player in this deal.

Although it would be neat to see Zach and Dirk head down to the YMCA together and use their old man moves on the young'uns.
rsf0626
Like I said, sacramento doesnt get big free agents. HB is as good a pickup as they could have hoped for if they tried the free agent market. Gotta spend the money somewhere
rsf0626
Galborathelion
Nice trade that I think both teams will be happy with. Sacramento has been searching for a good 3, and the Mavs now have room to make some more moves this summer, with a potentially great asset in Jackson. I remember him dominating at UNC his last year, doesn't look like his stats are that great professionally but he's still young (only drafted a few spots behind dsj) and we'll have control over him in case he does flourish. Incidentally, I'll be curious if Barnes plays better as a 3, I've always thought he would but the Mavs pretty much abandoned that after his first season.

The question now is who we pursue this summer. I think we can afford a max or near max in addition to Porzingis. I think you can rule out Klay or the other big names because Dallas never gets those types, but there is a certain Aggie sharpshooter hitting free agency that would fit great here. Also wouldn't mind Dragic even though he's a bit old for the Slovenian thing.
PatAg
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I dont get this mindset. Harrison Barnes is a multimillionaire, his contract isnt gone. He still gets paid
M.C. Swag
AG
Absolutely great trade for both teams. I feel for Barnes. He's literally the best human you can ask for and getting traded mid game is brutal. But Sac town got a really good soldier that will love playing next to his mini-me (character wise, another gem) in De'Aaron Fox.
M.C. Swag
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Go back to the Rockets board.
Carlo4
AG
Why is being traded mid game brutal? Trades are part of the business. MLB has done it for a long time. He gets paid millions to play a kids game. Everyone was nothing but professional on how it was handled. I wish him the best and he's a great guy!

Lebron ripped the Mavs on Twitter, so I know what we did was perfectly fine.
M.C. Swag
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Why is being traded mid game brutal? Trades are part of the business. MLB has done it for a long time. He gets paid millions to play a kids game. Everyone was nothing but professional on how it was handled. I wish him the best and he's a great guy!

It was brutal sitting in the stadium watching him interact with his (now) former teammates and listening to fans shout 'YOUVE BEEN TRADED!!!"

No one is abhorred by the fact that Barnes was traded. But him being literally the last person to know and find out by a group of jeering a-holes is prolly not the preffered delivery method. If you can't see that, then Idk what to tell you.
M.C. Swag
AG
btw, I know you or someone will say that Barnes already knew about the Mavs trade talks with Sac prior to the game, but that's a far-cry from actually KNOWING you've been traded. Dude was literally running on the court when Sham's tweet came out.
ElephantRider
AG
COAg15 said:

Man mid game is just ruthless. HB wasn't apart of our plan going forward, but I appreciate what he did for Dallas. Wish him the best in Sacramento
He knew they were working on the trade and chose to play. It wasn't a surprise, he's just a good dude
Carlo4
AG
M.C. Swag said:

PDEMDHC said:

It was brutal sitting in the stadium watching him interact with his (now) former teammates and listening to fans shout 'YOUVE BEEN TRADED!!!"

No one is abhorred by the fact that Barnes was traded. But him being literally the last person to know and find out by a group of jeering a-holes is prolly not the preffered delivery method. If you can't see that, then Idk what to tell you.

Thanks for the new information.

My response now changes. Assumed they pulled him aside, told him first. Yeah Barnes handled that well. Sucks for the way that was handled if true. Usually they pull you aside in baseball as the deadline is during games.

I assumed that. You assumed I knew it. We shouldn't assume.
rsf0626
The HB trade has some pretty bad optics right now among the athlete community, whether those optics are justified or not. I really wish the mavs could have just waited until the game was over

Now we have to listen to the national media rip the mavs Front Office
rsf0626

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.