****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,432 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ticket prices for Phoenix were off the chart since Christmas
True Anomaly
AG
"Hey guys, don't even bother coming tonight"

MW03
AG
Well I hate that I have tickets tonight, then.
Carlo4
AG
So dirk plays 40 min?
M.C. Swag
AG
Carlo4
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
True Anomaly said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Anybody heard what they have planned for Dirk's last home game next Tuesday (assuming he retires)? I noticed they are now calling it "Dirk Appreciation Day."
They have announced at the last couple of games that there will be a post-game celebration in the arena on Tuesday, and specifically site that it's for Dirk. It has not been announced that it's a retirement celebration, but we're all reading between the lines

Nice. Hadn't heard about the post game celebration. Wonder what they could possibly have planned? Hopefully it's cool.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

True Anomaly said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Anybody heard what they have planned for Dirk's last home game next Tuesday (assuming he retires)? I noticed they are now calling it "Dirk Appreciation Day."
They have announced at the last couple of games that there will be a post-game celebration in the arena on Tuesday, and specifically site that it's for Dirk. It has not been announced that it's a retirement celebration, but we're all reading between the lines

Nice. Hadn't heard about the post game celebration. Wonder what they could possibly have planned? Hopefully it's cool.
I can 100% say there will be a video tribute with words spoken by Cuban and potentially other players/coaches BUT there is also a whispered rumor that a statue unveiling will take place
PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

True Anomaly said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I can 100% say there will be a video tribute with words spoken by Cuban and potentially other players/coaches BUT there is also a whispered rumor that a statue unveiling will take place
I don't see how they could unveil the statue then. Feel like that should be unveiled for the season opener next year, or sometime in the offseason.
M.C. Swag
AG
Just something I've heard is all
Seven Costanza
AG
So were you not impressed with Bruno Caboclo awkwardly turning the ball over on 90% of his touches?
M.C. Swag
AG
That game was brutal
Seven Costanza
AG
Devastating win last night. Final nail in the coffin will likely be tomorrow night against the Suns.
MW03
AG
how are they gonna win that game in OT, when you know they have to play for the win tomorrow night
Grapesoda2525
2 days left of the season. Thank god

I'm sick of all this loser talk.
M.C. Swag
AG
True Anomaly
AG
Gonna be bittersweet tonight. I'm still excited though
jeffdjohnson
Seven Costanza said:

Devastating win last night. Final nail in the coffin will likely be tomorrow night against the Suns.

Tough to say. In the end it will likely cost the Mavs about 10% on their odds to keep their pick (from ~35% to ~25%). It was a high leverage game and it would have been better to lose. However it isn't impossible that the lucky Zion lotto ticket is in the 7th spot, so maybe that win will save them. Who knows. It is improbable no matter what, either way the Mavs need to win tonight. Dirk can't walk off the court for the last time with a loss (I doubt he even travels to SA tomorrow).
COAg15
AG
I'd be shocked if he didn't travel... A great way to go out, against a historic rival. That being said, tonight will be tough. I'm already feeling the emotional toll.
MW03
AG
I'm just glad I was there to see this in person

PatAg
AG
We dont even want to keep our pick unless its the #1 though. I dont get all this talk of tanking

We want to have our pick for next draft
TDub
AG
PatAg said:

We dont even want to keep our pick unless its the #1 though. I dont get all this talk of tanking

Misread my bad. If they can land a top 3 pick I think they'll keep. If not they can try to flip it and see if they can snag a couple more
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

That's what I've been saying all along. People are all about instant gratification these days I guess.

I've heard talk that Culver from Texas tech could be a top 5 pick. I wasn't too impressed with him when I watched the last few games of March madness. I've been trying to tell people that the 2020 draft class will be a lot stronger than this years.

Last year, tanking made sense because we had no direction and weren't building anything. That all changed when we got doncic. There's no point in tanking now.

I'm just glad the season has 2 days left so people will quit rooting against the team.
Seven Costanza
AG
I would rather keep the pick this year, make the playoffs next year, and give Atlanta the 15-20th pick. It's a weak draft, but not weak enough for that difference. This is assuming the team is a playoff team next year, though, which is not a given.
rsf0626
Many mantears are going to be shed tonight. I'm not ready for it to end
Danny Vermin
They are feeding him. Wouod be amazing if he could get to 40 or 50.
MW03
AG
Dirk gets 10 to start. I'm having so much fun watching this guy. I've had so much fun watching this guy. Going to miss him fiercely.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is beautiful
MW03
AG
Most fun I've had watching a game since 30k
Seven Costanza
AG
Really unnecessary review for a game like this.
CDMAg21
AG
DIRK THROWS IT DOWN
Phat32
AG
Cut it out Jamal
Leander - Ag
AG
Great night
Danny Vermin
Wow, what an amazing retirement party. What luminaries.
ChoppinDs40
AG
This is amazing. 3 NBA hall of famers there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.