****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,511 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I couldn't watch last night. What happened? Fatigue from back to back?
COAg15
AG
Yes. In the first quarter we had a 7 or 8 point lead. Pels came charging back. New Orleans was shooting lights out as well. Randle always seems to put up monster stats against us too. The intensity wasn't matched on our end, due to b2b and traveling. Starters only really played first quarter, half of the second, half of the third, and none of the fourth.
Carlo4
AG
I don't think the starters played the last 16 minutes if I remember right. He pulled them and kind of "gave up and used it to get experience".

You could tell we weren't going to get back in the game and it was just an exhibition at that point.
M.C. Swag
AG
We had no answer to guarding Randle. He was abusing Barnes in the paint.

On offense the entire starters sucked. Barnes was dreadful and kept trying to iso straight into AD. 0 awareness from him.

DJ might as well as sat out. He didn't bother showing any effort on either end of the floor.

I'll be excited when DJ is no longer part of this team. I can understand getting out played, but nothing infuriates me more than just watching someone give 0 effort.
M.C. Swag
AG
Rumors about Dirk returning tomorrow seem to be refuted. Still eyeing a return during this Home stretch but Saturday looks unlikely.
COAg15
AG
I got my hopes up for tomorrow against Houston, too. I have seen rumors about his return on the 10th against the Magic.
M.C. Swag
AG
COAg15 said:

I got my hopes up for tomorrow against Houston, too. I have seen rumors about his return on the 10th against the Magic.
I bought extra tix for saturday cuz i thought he'd play. Oh well, I'll take another beatdown of Houston as a consolation.
gigem1223
Luka is cold blooded and James Harden gets away with so much bull****
Seven Costanza
AG
God I hate Harden.
Danny Vermin
The suckets got away with so much pushing off. F em, Luka still b-slapped them.
True Anomaly
AG
True Anomaly
AG
So awesome to see this live. Even better he went on an 11-0 clutch run to win the game

PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

COAg15 said:

I bought extra tix for saturday cuz i thought he'd play. Oh well, I'll take another beatdown of Houston as a consolation.
I'd say you got your money's worth
Grapesoda2525
This team needs to figure out how to win on the road.

They are above average at home tho.
TheMasterplan
That step back three is nasty.

gomerschlep
AG
****ing nails
Danny Vermin
This team has some real chemistry. I'm on board with resigning Jordan as well..i watch him carefully and the guy seems like he really cares and is such a positive influence on the kids.
rsf0626
The most underrated part of luka's game is his passing ability. He has elite passing skills already and only 19 yrs old
gomerschlep
AG
I was thinking this earlier. There was a possession where they went around the horn effortlessly like they were the mid 2000's Spurs. It was beautiful. My girlfriend had no idea why I was so excited about it.
PooDoo
AG
Luka & Brunson look like two draft day steals.
True Anomaly
AG
gomerschlep said:

I was thinking this earlier. There was a possession where they went around the horn effortlessly like they were the mid 2000's Spurs. It was beautiful. My girlfriend had no idea why I was so excited about it.

I remember that posession- talk about something you just haven't seen from a Mavs team in recent years
True Anomaly
AG
Your Luka gif of the game

PatAg
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/a4tmbh/crowd_view_point_of_lukas_late_three_pointer/

some good videos on this thread of crowd shots
M.C. Swag
AG
Man what a win. The Magic might be the worst team in the NBA. It's baffling to me they have 12 wins.

But the game was awesome. The AAC is finally alive. The past 3 weeks of home games have been electric in a way I haven't seen in some time. Houston game was obviously the pinnacle but the bar has been raised even in these blowout East games.

Brunson. Put some respect to his name.
Maxi doesn't care for your dunk attempts.
Powell will out hustle anyone on the court.
Dorian is like a banshee. He was so close to having the monster jam of the season.
Luka has a team.

I love this team. Everyone has a role and with the exception of certain possessions by Wes or HB, everyone plays within themselves. Rick has this thing humming and I'm trying not to get too excited about where this team is going.

Btw, before every game shootaround Luka has always kinda effed around. Taking crazy half court shots or ridiculously high arcing layups that serve 0 game purpose. But what I saw tonight was a little different...Luka did all that, but he also had a smile on his face the entire time and I don't think there was a player or AAC staff member he didn't initiate conversation with. He looked like a guy who was 100% comfortable and confident in his surroundings. And it made my heart soar to see. This team is coming together.

Final tidbit; Mejri cracks me up. He had the best block of the night during per game shootarounds. Wes was working on his corner 3s and Mej just casually walked up next to him and swatted his shot attempt like it was a child and walked away. Wes struggled to compose himself to take another shot cuz he was laughing and dog cussing mej. It was great.

MW03
AG
True Anomaly said:

The sequence that led to the celebration.

NoahAg
True Anomaly said:

I can't get enough of that. LOL every time. That's literally what you see from 7 year olds on the soccer field.

I love Luka.
COAg15
AG
It's honestly hilarious. And what makes it even funnier is that I believe it to be part sarcasm. DAJ couldn't connect on two of Luka's other dishes for dunks earlier.
M.C. Swag
AG
Dirk officially "upgraded" from "Doubtful" to "Questionable."

Can't wait to see his debut!!! The Hawks are a perfect team to knock some rust off against.
MW03
AG
Seven Costanza
AG
Probably could've included some clever variation of ""Chuck! Chuck, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Berry. You know that new kind of player you were hoping for? Well, look at this!"
gomerschlep
AG
Danny Vermin
11 straight at home.
PooDoo
AG
True Anomaly
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
Not the best game but a win is a win. Hopefully Barea isn't out too long. We need him on that bench unit.

Kinda bummed Dirk didn't play last night and instead is making his debut on the road.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.