****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,460 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool. Maybe next year they can start playing in these.

M.C. Swag
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Ah...I see your confederate flag is showing.
PatAg
AG
DSJ returns and Matthews out. Lets get a win on the road.
M.C. Swag
AG
Really looking forward to a
DSJ
Luka
Barnes
Maxi
Deandre

Lineup
Seven Costanza
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Seven Costanza said:

Ah...I see your confederate flag is showing.
Got me. I would have been cool with Dirk playing in a camo trucker hat.
M.C. Swag
AG
So far DSJ has really injected some juice into this starting lineup.
M.C. Swag
AG
That might be the best overall half the Mavs have played this year. Everyone is playing smart and with energy. Man it's good to have DSJ back. His commitment to Defense is making all the difference.
Carlo4
AG
Davis vs Doncic has been insane. Refs should be fined for how horrible they are.

Someone teach DSJ how time works....
gigem1223
How do you not draw that play up for Luka? All he did was sit on the wrong side of the court during that inbounds play.
M.C. Swag
AG
I don't wanna hear from Grapesoda
fightinags2013
AG
Terrible ending. Luka basically playing decoy. I get that spaces the court for DSJ but gosh. Gotta get the ball to Luka
M.C. Swag
AG
Not entirely sure that's how it was drawn up. Looking forward to Ricks explanation on who exactly was supposed to get that.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Carlisle is starting to piss me off. His rotations have been beyond laughable all year. And we NEVER have any timeouts remaining at the end of games bc he takes ****ing timeouts at every 6-0 run in the first half. That has literally cost us a chance at winning a couple games.

And then tonight we actually have a timeout and he doesn't call a play involving Luka at all, who was having a monster game. I'm fine if he wants to use Luka as a decoy and give someone else an advantage. But we didn't do that. Luka stood behind half court and was a non factor. There wasn't a double team on Luka to give dsj an advantage. It was just Luka standing off to the side and then dsj had to go 1 on 1. Which he is ****ing AWFUL at.

This is unbelievable. The other site I post on has been bagging on Carlisle all year and I've tried to defend him. But I can't defend him anymore.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Carlisle is starting to piss me off. His rotations have been beyond laughable all year. And we NEVER have any timeouts remaining at the end of games bc he takes ****ing timeouts at every 6-0 run in the first half. That has literally cost us a chance at winning a couple games.

And then tonight we actually have a timeout and he doesn't call a play involving Luka at all, who was having a monster game. I'm fine if he wants to use Luka as a decoy and give someone else an advantage. But we didn't do that. Luka stood behind half court and was a non factor. There wasn't a double team on Luka to give dsj an advantage. It was just Luka standing off to the side and then dsj had to go 1 on 1. Which he is ****ing AWFUL at.

This is unbelievable. The other site I post on has been bagging on Carlisle all year and I've tried to defend him. But I can't defend him anymore.
you're crazy if you think Carlisle is the problem this year, Ill leave it at that
rsf0626
Jesus, feels like we're never gonna win a road game again this year
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Again, if you rewatch that play just before Deandre gets the inbound, Luka takes 2 hard steps towards the lane. Then once DJ gets it, he backs off at the same time DSJ gets it. So I'm not sure if it was designed with him as a decoy at all.

Either way, rick or DSJ didn't lose that game. Missed free throws did.
mavsfan4ever
AG
You're crazy if you think Carlisle hasnt made some boneheaded in game decisions that have cost us games. He's a great coach. Doesn't make him immune from criticism when it's due.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea the whole play just made no sense. Like I said, I'd be fine using Luka as a decoy to draw attention in order to get an open shot for someone else. But we didn't even do that. He's not a decoy when he's on the other side of the court. Just really bizarre all the way around.
True Anomaly
AG
I didn't get to see the game, but after watching highlights, I was ok with DSJ taking the final shot. It was nice to see him get a chance to step into the spotlight again. Obviously it could've gone better and he had every opportunity to get his shot off before the clock expired, but I'm not mad
jeffdjohnson
Final play was fine. Put DSJ in a spread 4v4 situation with a chance to drive. He got open, just needs to pull up for a floater and know the clock. Dont get me wrong I probably would have let Luka take a contested 30 footer as well just to see what happens. Still, I'm very pro Carlisle, great coach.
M.C. Swag
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Final play was fine. Put DSJ in a spread 4v4 situation with a chance to drive. He got open, just needs to pull up for a floater and know the clock. Dont get me wrong I probably would have let Luka take a contested 30 footer as well just to see what happens. Still, I'm very pro Carlisle, great coach.
I can't believe this has to even be typed
rsf0626
God almighty Paul george is unreal. Dude killed us tonight
Muy
AG
Just got back from the game, bought great seats from a buddy for my younger son. What a game! Paul George was unconscious, and thankfully Westbrook went ice cold.

Luka, geezsh. What a friggin badass!

And DeAndre hit a free throw or 2!
PatAg
AG
Muy said:

Just got back from the game, bought great seats from a buddy for my younger son. What a game! Paul George was unconscious, and thankfully Westbrook went ice cold.

Luka, geezsh. What a friggin badass!

And DeAndre hit a free throw or 2!
Awesome, AAC feels like it used to again. You can feel the energy.
Grapesoda2525
Great win against a good team. Luka has to be the rookie of the year front runner.
True Anomaly
AG
DSJ had nice lockdown defense on PG13 at the end
True Anomaly
AG
This is unreal

TheMasterplan
We had way too many TOS last night which led to fast break points.

Game was fun last night as I was there. AAC and the area around it is fantastic now. Had a good time.
M.C. Swag
AG
TheMasterplan said:

We had way too many TOS last night which led to fast break points.

Game was fun last night as I was there. AAC and the area around it is fantastic now. Had a good time.

The last 2-3 min was electric especially after Barnes got that steal and DJ dunked the hell out that ball.
Muy
AG
True Anomaly said:

This is unreal

I noticed that on the scoreboard last night. That and the massive amount of turnovers went hand in hand and are what put OKC in the game.
Muy
AG
I'll also add that it's clear the veteran opponents are trying to be tougher on Luka. He gets hammered and most of the time no whistle. Guess there is honor among thieves.
gomerschlep
AG
True Anomaly said:

This is unreal

If shown that stat I would have bet everything I had that the Mavs lost. That's insane.
True Anomaly
AG
Muy said:

I'll also add that it's clear the veteran opponents are trying to be tougher on Luka. He gets hammered and most of the time no whistle. Guess there is honor among thieves.

He still gets an insane amount of calls for a "rookie", but it's because he already knows how to draw fouls- I think early on this season he wasn't getting the calls he does now because he was still figuring out NBA referees. He's come a long way in a short time when it comes to that
PatAg
AG
True Anomaly said:

Muy said:

He still gets an insane amount of calls for a "rookie", but it's because he already knows how to draw fouls- I think early on this season he wasn't getting the calls he does now because he was still figuring out NBA referees. He's come a long way in a short time when it comes to that
It's weird. You are totally right that he was not getting any calls. He's been getting them, but he honestly still doesn't get as many as he probably should. I expect him to end up averaging the same as Harden is getting in the future, he just gets people wrong footed and in tough spots constantly.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea he puts the refs in a position where they have to make the call bc he's so good at drawing a ton of contact. He gets lots of fouls but very few of them seem to be iffy calls that go his way.

Wasn't able to watch the game until today. Great defense by dsj at the end of the game last night. Wish I had been there bc it seemed electric but had prior commitments. I blame my wife.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.