****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,445 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MountainAg99
AG
Love me some Luka!
True Anomaly
AG
Amazing night for our large adult son

Wes Matthews- ZERO points
True Anomaly
AG
This article is great, and touches on what is I feel the key underlying problem on this team

mavsfan4ever
AG
Love that article. Barnes bothers me much more than wes. He's a black hole and bogs dien the offense. Wes could move the ball a little more but he's much better at it than Barnes.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, I thought the Barnes show was gonna cost them the game last night. They built a small lead but bogged down around 96 points, mostly driven by the ball going to Barnes. But the Pistons bogged down more (partly thanks to some great D)
Seven Costanza
AG
Luka is having a great all-around game tonight.
Seven Costanza
AG
The Brunson/Luka/DFS/Kleber/Powell lineup is fun to watch. Likeable guys too.
MountainAg99
AG
Another Triple Double for Luka.
PooDoo
AG
Youngest ever to record a 30+ point triple double.
MW03
AG
True Anomaly
AG
It was frustrating to lose that game last night since it was definitely winnable, but being there for Luka's first home triple double was special- but interestingly, when he did get that final assist, it barely registered to the rest of the crowd what had happened. However, the fast break dunk he had blew the roof off that place.
PooDoo
AG
I think the highlights said it was an oop to Jordan.
PatAg
AG
True Anomaly said:

It was frustrating to lose that game last night since it was definitely winnable, but being there for Luka's first home triple double was special- but interestingly, when he did get that final assist, it barely registered to the rest of the crowd what had happened. However, the fast break dunk he had blew the roof off that place.
I would imagine a lot of people thought it was a blocked shot live
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

True Anomaly said:

I would imagine a lot of people thought it was a blocked shot live
I was at the game and definitely thought it was blocked. (Also, not sure how many people are actively tracking assists that are at the game. They'd have to specifically look for it on the screen that up and away from all the action (some people won't even have a view of it).
dave94
AG
Good night for DSJ in a beatdown of the Knicks. Dirk had one of his best shooting night also. Got some love from the NYC crowd too.
COAg15
AG
Was only able to catch the highlights tonight. Did Rick sub DSJ back in to get the triple double?

If so, two ways to view that: The first being to get him more invested and happy with the Mavs, the other is to pad that trade value.

Luka seemed to have an inefficient night, but again i wasn't able to watch it.
True Anomaly
AG
COAg15 said:

Was only able to catch the highlights tonight. Did Rick sub DSJ back in to get the triple double?

If so, two ways to view that: The first being to get him more invested and happy with the Mavs, the other is to pad that trade value.

Luka seemed to have an inefficient night, but again i wasn't able to watch it.

DSJ was cookin', so go with the hot hand. I don't believe the game was out of reach at that point.

I was pie-in-the-sky hoping he'd get his last assist on a Dirk 3. When it happened, I felt intense joy
rsf0626
Dirks last home game is going to be super emotional for all Mavs fans. Would love to see that game in person
rsf0626
M.C. Swag
AG
Ticket prices are ridiculous. I could sell mine for $500 each (retail is $125) if I wanted. I'm going with a box of tissues.
gomerschlep
AG
Who says it will be this year?
jeffdjohnson
Game tonight feels a little must win-ish. I think the playoff odds are pretty long anyways, but there is still a chance to get into the mix if the Mavs can rip off 4-5 wins in a row. Looking at the schedule they have @Detroit, @Cleveland, Charlotte. They are slight underdogs tonight and will be favored in the other 2. Here is a chance to win 4 in a row and get right back near .500 by winning these 3 games.

I'm pretty confident that the current top 7 teams in the west will all make the playoffs (GS, HOU, DEN, OKC, POR, SAS, UT). I think the 8th spot is the one up for grabs between LAC, LAL, SAC, MIN and maybe Dallas. I'm probably most confident in the Lakers if LeBron comes back soon.
fightinags2013
AG
Vintage Dirk was so fun last night... even if it was the Knicks.

Got a 10 game pack for Christmas that includes the last home game of the year. It will be interesting to see if the team convinces Dirk to announce officially if it is his last game. Either way- the place will go crazy for him, so it'll be fun to be there.
jeffdjohnson

Not sure I am going to get any work done the rest of the afternoon. WTF.
Mike Elko
AG
Giving up half your team for a guy coming off a serious injury/surgery. Interesting move, Cubes.
jeffdjohnson

Has to be multiple future 1st round picks.
jeffdjohnson
jeffdjohnson
jeffdjohnson

bearkatag15
AG
jeffdjohnson

Love it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
mavsfan4ever
AG
WWWHHHHHOOOAAAA. I love it. This is amazing.
rsf0626
Kristaps and Luka together. Holy ****e
rsf0626
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Watch the Mavs get Kyrie Irving next.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.