****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,539 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was a tough loss only because I thought we actually played pretty well. We just had no answer for Jokic. I've always said I can swallow a loss if effort is there and I saw the effort. We just got outplayed by a better team. Sucks but keep building and hopefully DSJ will be able to add some juice to this team.
COAg15
AG
This. Was at the game. Refs were calling it tight the whole game on both sides, which lead to DJ fouling out in the 4th. Dwight didn't have it that game, and we needed Maxi to balance him out.

The 0-14 run by the Nuggets when they had their starters and we had our bench, killed any chance.

Surprised Jamal Murray didn't pop off even more than he did without a DSJ type player guarding him most of the game.

I wasn't expecting a win, so it was nice to be "in it" for 3.5 quarters.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ya and I give mad props to the Nuggs. It's pretty incredible how well they're playing with essentially an 8 man rotation. That team will be scary good when they get healthy.
rsf0626
Another road game tonight. Pray for us
Carlo4
AG
Already got the step back 3 pointer
PatAg
AG
Jordan is actually garbage at defense, just a good defensive rebounder
Grapesoda2525
Looks like another road disaster.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

you might be overstating it, and I wish you would go back to wherever you were for most of the season. I can only assume you got banned on your real account.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

you might be overstating it, and I wish you would go back to wherever you were for most of the season. I can only assume you got banned on your real account.
I guess a 2-12 road record is A-ok with you. Got it.
True Anomaly
AG
I don't think last night was a disaster. They came back hard in the third with Luka dominating, then the bench anchored by Kleber and Mejri of all people got them the lead in the 4th.

To me, a disaster would've been losing by 30 with Luka going 1/25
Grapesoda2525
True Anomaly said:

I don't think last night was a disaster. They came back hard in the third with Luka dominating, then the bench anchored by Kleber and Mejri of all people got them the lead in the 4th.

To me, a disaster would've been losing by 30 with Luka going 1/25
It's a matter of perspective......

The game itself wasn't that bad, but I'm SICK of this team losing on the road.

2-12 is god freaking awful.
M.C. Swag
AG
Road record sucks but the Mavs are playing much better than their previous road stints.

Denver was just better. Mavs did everything right and there's no shame in losing that one.

Clippers aren't a better team but the Mavs fought hard to come back. Most teams would punt when down 13 in the 3rd but the Mavs got the lead back. Ultimately some rotation issues failed us imo but I still trust rick to figure this out.

My biggest concern (other than DJ continuing to embarrass himself with 0 effort plays) right now is Dirk on offense. He looks like he has no idea what he's doing. He just stands at the top of the key and kinda throws some half hearted picks? But it's like Rick or Dirk isn't sure what his role should be. Like, why aren't we doing the thing we've always done with Dirk? Run a pick for Dirk to get his spot down on the block against a smaller defender and let him feast on that 15 ft fadeaway. I haven't seen that once.

Oh well we all knew this year was supposed to be tough. The top goal is developing Luka and DSJ. So far Luka looks like a future MVP candidate.
M.C. Swag
AG
Also I don't know why Dirk is taking Maxis minutes. Maxi should be playing a minimum of 20 min per game. I'd rather see DJ or Powell get a reduced role than Maxi. Hell, put DFS in the starting lineup over Wes and have Dirk play DFS' minutes with the bench. Something else other than sacrificing the best rim protector we have on the team.
Carlo4
AG
This team is ahead of schedule. They will learn to win on the road and I love the home court swagger. Played close with some great teams lately and Luka is just a superstar in the making, if not already there considering his euro fans.
rsf0626
As much as I love Dirk, he's a really awkward fit for this team right now. I think he and mavs fans know its probably time to hang it up after this year.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I agree that dirk seems to just kinda be running around like a chicken with his head cut off on offense right now. Tough to watch.
PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Also I don't know why Dirk is taking Maxis minutes. Maxi should be playing a minimum of 20 min per game. I'd rather see DJ or Powell get a reduced role than Maxi. Hell, put DFS in the starting lineup over Wes and have Dirk play DFS' minutes with the bench. Something else other than sacrificing the best rim protector we have on the team.
I think Maxi isn't fully recovered physically, so he was probably going to play limited minutes anyways. Just guessing
M.C. Swag
AG
Y'all see the list of great players that Lebron listed off as guys he'd like to play with? See if you recognize the last name he says.

Grapesoda2525
Same story. Same result.

The good news is that the road trip ends tomorrow night. What a horrid trip it was.
rsf0626
Not looking good so far in Portland. This team is garbage on the road
Grapesoda2525
Worst road team in the league probably.

It has to be.

Don't listen to the announcers, playing a "tough team close" on the road in the western conference doesn't mean crap. It's just a bunch of loser talk. Wins and losses are the currency of the realm and they can't win on the road against anybody.
PatAg
AG
Why are you the way you are
Danny Vermin
PatAg said:

Why are you the way you are

It's because he's a miserable liberal in real life..They are unhappy people in general and bring that negativity to whatever they do.
M.C. Swag
AG
Wrong forum
M.C. Swag
AG
Dude the losses are frustrating but the Mavs are playing better. Outside of the Denver game, I didn't feel like the Mavs were outclassed in any of those matchup. A friendly bounce on the rim or a ref whistle here would be all it took to alter any one of those losses. The most important thing is that this team is starting to gel and Luka is transforming into a legit all star caliber player.
Danny Vermin
I answered Pats question.
TheMasterplan
Sounds like you in regards to the USMNT.
Grapesoda2525
M.C. Swag said:

Dude the losses are frustrating but the Mavs are playing better. Outside of the Denver game, I didn't feel like the Mavs were outclassed in any of those matchup. A friendly bounce on the rim or a ref whistle here would be all it took to alter any one of those losses. The most important thing is that this team is starting to gel and Luka is transforming into a legit all star caliber player.
I understand that, but when the road record is what it is, looking good and still losing isn't enough.
PatAg
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Sounds like you in regards to the USMNT.
I'm not sure what post you are quoting, but I'm very positive about the USMNT and in game threads... I'm negative about the corrupt federation if that's what you are referencing.
True Anomaly
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I understand that, but when the road record is what it is, looking good and still losing isn't enough.

What is your realistic expectation for this team this season?

Rick Carlisle said at the beginning of the season that his expectation is to play meaningful games in March- so, in effect, playing for a chance at the playoffs. Not top 4 in the WC and hosting the playoffs, but just playing to have a chance given how awful they were last season.

My expectation is simply to get off the pick to Atlanta this season- which is pretty likely for them.

What's yours?
Grapesoda2525
True Anomaly said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

M.C. Swag said:

What is your realistic expectation for this team this season?

Rick Carlisle said at the beginning of the season that his expectation is to play meaningful games in March- so, in effect, playing for a chance at the playoffs. Not top 4 in the WC and hosting the playoffs, but just playing to have a chance given how awful they were last season.

My expectation is simply to get off the pick to Atlanta this season- which is pretty likely for them.

What's yours?
7th seed and a first round exit.
PatAg
AG
Looking like DSJ is expecting to be back on Friday.
Seven Costanza
AG
Are there not any restrictions on headwear? Holiday is wearing a tied up bandana like Rambo.
True Anomaly
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Are there not any restrictions on headwear? Holiday is wearing a tied up bandana like Rambo.
Elfrid Payton got away with what basically amounted to a giant bird perched atop his head for years, even if it was his own hair
M.C. Swag
AG
Seven Costanza said:

You talking about Kung Fu Jrue!

FWIW; you're allowed to wear head bands. Montrez Harrell wears a similar bandana. NIKE makes specific basketball bandanas just like that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.