****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,472 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't say I would do it, its just not an awful trade either. Certainly not as bad as some being thrown out.
I'm with you in, if we love DSJ we shouldn't settle
PatAg
AG
I can't believe there are so many people out there that think Rick is the problem and needs to go.
gigem1223
Luka the only player on this team that can buy a bucket in the 4th.
MW03
AG
He can't buy a foul either
MW03
AG
Miracle rebound and Wes tried a 40 footer. Sounds about right.
COAg15
AG
We lost that game due to the 3rd quarter. Don't know how Luka didn't react worse to all the no calls, I sure would have.

DSJ was needed in that game, Patty was all over Luka the whole game, and it would've helped having him on the court.
gomerschlep
AG
Hard to maintain a lead without a damned point guard
mavsfan4ever
AG
We easily win that game with jj. Get used to it. Not much we can do about it at this point.
PatAg
AG
ehh, we win that game if Harrison Barnes doesnt brick about 5-6 open shots down the stretch.
True Anomaly
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

We easily win that game with jj. Get used to it. Not much we can do about it at this point.
Well at least for the rest of the season we can enjoy watching Luka cruise to a well-deserved ROY award
rsf0626
Wes and HB proving why theyre on the trading block. Would be nice if Luka had some help on this team
rsf0626
jeffdjohnson
Mavs don't need to accept a bad deal for DSJ. He is under contract for 2.5 more years. Then he is a RFA which means the Mavs basically control his contract for between 3.5 to 6.5 more years. I get that DSJ is upset but he is getting bad advice here with this trade demand. Cuban, Carslisle, Nelson, DSJ + Agent need to sit in a room and hash this out. Plus I really don't think anyone wants to give up a valuable asset for DSJ which is why I think he will stay.

Frustrating because DSJ development was the 2nd most important thing this year, ahead of even making the playoffs. This team will soon have $45M (Jordan/Mathews/Dirk) off the books this summer and $35M (Barnes/Powell) next summer. Every one of those guys is under performing their contract. That is $80M to play with and a 21 year old Luka on a rookie contract ready to go for the 20-21 season. That looks like an 8-10 year championship window. A 23 year old, more developed DSJ could fit in that window. I'm hoping that cooler heads prevail.
True Anomaly
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Mavs don't need to accept a bad deal for DSJ. He is under contract for 2.5 more years. Then he is a RFA which means the Mavs basically control his contract for between 3.5 to 6.5 more years. I get that DSJ is upset but he is getting bad advice here with this trade demand. Cuban, Carslisle, Nelson, DSJ + Agent need to sit in a room and hash this out. Plus I really don't think anyone wants to give up a valuable asset for DSJ which is why I think he will stay.

Frustrating because DSJ development was the 2nd most important thing this year, ahead of even making the playoffs. This team will soon have $45M (Jordan/Mathews/Dirk) off the books this summer and $35M (Barnes/Powell) next summer. Every one of those guys is under performing their contract. That is $80M to play with and a 21 year old Luka on a rookie contract ready to go for the 20-21 season. That looks like an 8-10 year championship window. A 23 year old, more developed DSJ could fit in that window. I'm hoping that cooler heads prevail.
Couldn't have said it better myself
rsf0626
This whole thing reeks of a Kawhi situation...but its absolutley correct that the mavs dont need to make a bad deal for DSJ. I wouldnt trade him unless you get a quality return
rsf0626
Old Tom Morris
This is also a league where it takes 2 stars to win at a high level. I just don't accept Luka's emergence as a reason for why DSJ can't be a fit and a star. There is room for both. They need both. His game may need to adjust a bit, but from what I've seen, the way it needs to adjust could actually be a good thing that minimizes some of his weaknesses.
M.C. Swag
AG
rsf0626 said:

This whole thing reeks of a Kawhi situation...but its absolutley correct that the mavs dont need to make a bad deal for DSJ. I wouldnt trade him unless you get a quality return
It does but DSJ mistook the part where he hasn't accomplished anything in the NBA and the Mavs have him under control for at least the next 3 seasons if they really wanted. He has 0 leverage.
fightinags2013
AG
Initially- reports were that the Mavs initiated looking to trade him, and they looked stupid. Now it seems like DSJ (and his agent/dad) brought it on, and he looks selfish. Reality might be that both parties did not handle it well.

I agree the Mavs need to hold out as long as possible. If you get a good offer closer to the deadline, it's fine to cut bait. Just don't settle for an Evan Fournier or Troy Daniels type
COAg15
AG
Moment i saw Doncic kick that ball, I knew he would be ejected. Bad
PooDoo
AG
Carlo4
AG
As long as he quotes Nick Nolte in "Blue Chips" after the game...
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

please don't link whatever broadcast that was again
True Anomaly
AG
Hell Yes

TheMasterplan
Awesome. Fresh start.
JRB78
AG
Make it work, Mavs. There has to be a way for these two guys to complement each other on the court.
Grapesoda2525
I hope he's traded for something decent. Probably too much bad blood to make it work.
rsf0626
0-8 on the year without Barea. This could get ugly fast
rsf0626
Post removed:
by user
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'm not going to be able to make the game tonight and have two tix in Section 123, aisle seats (I think they are row S but I can confirm if someone is interested). Face value $80. Anyone want them for $45 each before I list them on stubhub?
COAg15
AG
Good bull. If I lived in Dallas still I'd be all over that.
Seven Costanza
AG
I love Dirk, but it's a little cringey how the fans now treat him like the mentally challenged ball boy on a high school team who's getting to play in a blowout.
gomerschlep
AG
Damn, wish I had seen this this morning
rsf0626
Luka having an ugly game. Sheesh
rsf0626
PooDoo
AG
Anyone see what lead to Luka ripping off his jersey like Hulk Hogan?
M.C. Swag
AG
It wasn't anything specific. He had a bad half and was just frustrated.
greg.w.h
AG
So...Barea out sounds like an opportunity to get DSJ more minutes running the 1. I'm don't post here often but am I missing something???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.