****Official 2018-19 Dallas Mavericks Season thread****

108,482 Views | 1273 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by M.C. Swag
rsf0626
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pat beverly and malcolm brodgon please
752bro4
AG
Uh oh

https://instagr.am/p/BxXx8LrgTvT
TMACsDaMan
Is he trying to challenge Zeke Elliott for offseason trouble supremacy?!
PatAg
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

I think we dont appreciate how crazy that part of Europe still is.
True Anomaly
AG
752bro4 said:

Uh oh

https://instagr.am/p/BxXx8LrgTvT
This just in- fans can be stupid *******s
gomerschlep
AG
PatAg said:

TMACsDaMan said:

I think we dont appreciate how crazy that part of Europe still is.
This. Looks like a normal Sunday to me.
hph6203
AG
Apparently one of his friend's heart stopped because of the fight and had to be resuscitated. What the ****.
NoahAg
I've got a bad feeling about this...
Old Tom Morris
Trying to keep an open mind, but have to admit that I'm getting a little concerned about the warning signs that he may be a "it's always something" guy.
jeffdjohnson
Old Tom Morris said:

Trying to keep an open mind, but have to admit that I'm getting a little concerned about the warning signs that he may be a "it's always something" guy.

I thought the ACL was the thing to worry about after he was traded. Now we add a rape inquiry and Russian bar fight to the list. The guy hasn't even played a single minute for the Mavs yet.

Perhaps there is a benign explanation for all of it. Maybe there is no statistical risk of re-injury. Maybe he was a victim of extortion. Maybe he was jumped without provocation. The problem for the Mavs is they have to offer him a contract within 2 months. How can they have any confidence in this guy right now?
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, that's the thing with what I call "it's always something" guys. Always some sort of drama, distraction, reason they can't play or perform at 100%, etc. There's usually a reason behind it; sometimes legit, sometimes not as legit. But the big picture is just that there's always something going on.
hph6203
AG
Come on 6%.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Pipe dream that will never happen: we bink the lottery and kawhi decides he wants to come play with Luka kristaps and Zion.
M.C. Swag
AG
And also KD (hey if we're dreaming pipes, let's go all the way)
chris1515
AG
This could be the most important night in Dallas sports history, if the Mavs win the first pick.
(Maybe on par with Jerry buying the Cowboys)

If they win, they could be getting a generational superstar of a rookie, or they could trade him for Anthony Davis. Either way, the expectation of multiple championships over the next decade would not be unreasonable.

TDub
AG
Everyone make sure to get your sacrifices in to the basketball gods before the lottery starts
jeffdjohnson

94% chance that this is the last day to imagine a Zion + Luka pick and roll. If the Mavs get number 1 then I don't trade it for AD. Just get two more 3+D shooters with Zion/Luka/KP and run spread pick and roll to multiple championships. In the likely event that the Mavs don't get Zion I just hope he goes East, 5 of the 6 top odds are all Eastern conference teams.

20% chance of grabbing picks 2/3/4. Lot of options there, including multiple trade opportunities. Pick swaps, dumping bad contracts, etc... Would be great for the Mavs although there isn't anyone they could realistically pick here that would help right away.

73% chance that they give Atlanta number 9 or worse. So be it, that means you are giving them Jackson Hayes or someone like that. Luka for Trae + Hayes is a win for the Mavericks. And at least it gets the Mavs off their pick obligation. I don't really feel like the Mavs can "lose" tonight. It is more of a WIN-win-meh.
NoahAg
True Anomaly said:

Bring me Pat Beverly. If he's gonna be the biggest pest in the league, I want him to be our pest
Yeah, certainly a guy I hate watching the Mavs play against. But I could learn to like him if he's on our side.
Grapesoda2525
jeffdjohnson said:

94% chance that this is the last day to imagine a Zion + Luka pick and roll. If the Mavs get number 1 then I don't trade it for AD. Just get two more 3+D shooters with Zion/Luka/KP and run spread pick and roll to multiple championships. In the likely event that the Mavs don't get Zion I just hope he goes East, 5 of the 6 top odds are all Eastern conference teams.

20% chance of grabbing picks 2/3/4. Lot of options there, including multiple trade opportunities. Pick swaps, dumping bad contracts, etc... Would be great for the Mavs although there isn't anyone they could realistically pick here that would help right away.

73% chance that they give Atlanta number 9 or worse. So be it, that means you are giving them Jackson Hayes or someone like that. Luka for Trae + Hayes is a win for the Mavericks. And at least it gets the Mavs off their pick obligation. I don't really feel like the Mavs can "lose" tonight. It is more of a WIN-win-meh.
You're right.

Realistically, I'm hoping Zion goes to the eastern conference if the mavs don't get him. I'm sick of the west being 50x stronger than the east.

M.C. Swag
AG
great post
Seven Costanza
AG
For anyone wondering why they don't broadcast the lottery drawing live, it's because it's incredibly boring.

Last year, Phoenix won the #1 pick, then won again for the number #2 pick (so they had to re-draw), then won again (and finally Sacramento gets it on the 4th draw).

Grapesoda2525
No matter what something good happens tonight.

I can live with all 3 outcomes.

1) Zion..... hell yeah

2) 2-4 lottery pick....... probably bleh and need to trade it unless it's #2

3) #9 or #10 overall...... Atlanta you can have it. Only 3 estimated franchise level quality players in this weak draft.
Seven Costanza
AG
The woman representing the Hawks is the "spare a square" lady from Seinfeld. She is part-owner of the Hawks.
Old Tom Morris
So when they go to flip that #9 card, we're basically looking for Memphis (or NO) to get flipped over instead, right?
Old Tom Morris
Welp, typical luck continues. Of the 3-way tie Dallas was in, Memphis and NO move into the top 4 while Dallas doesn't. ****ty pick to Atlanta tho at least. Should have sent Dirk to represent
Post removed:
by user
jeffdjohnson
Old Tom Morris said:

Welp, typical luck continues. Of the 3-way tie Dallas was in, Memphis and NO move into the top 4 while Dallas doesn't. ****ty pick to Atlanta tho at least. Should have sent Dirk to represent
Pretty unbelievable. They shared those ping pong balls with Memphis and NO. It was a random coin flip that decided how those lots were drawn. Ouch.
Old Tom Morris
LOL - NO and Memphis go 1-2. **** me
Old Tom Morris
For anyone that hasn't learned their lesson by now about the Mavs lottery bad luck, maybe this will forever stop them from having some of the high hopes I saw this year, anxiously figuring out how to improve their odds. They're gonna get the worst ****in draw. Just count on it So save yourself the worry.
txagman1998
AG
At least the Lakers got teased, then screwed.
Scar Tissue
AG
At least the Lakers didn't get in the top 3.
M.C. Swag
AG
Kewl. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the Mavs thread.
Old Tom Morris
I've been on this thread this year. Maybe you should check the history. Been a fan and attended games as far back as their inaugural season. But sorry if I didn't bring enough Mavs Texags thread cred for you.
Grapesoda2525
Definitely didn't want the Lakers getting Zion.

I was really pulling for the knicks once we weren't in the top 4. It sucks that the western conference seemingly has all the super stars.

I guess the pelicans getting him are better than the grizzlies. The pelicans are an incompetent organization.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.