****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,107 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I like Ryan Anderson. I hope he can finally be what we thought we were getting this year.
Anderson fan here. I wanted Melo because of the potential upside of having 3 stars together and Melo fitting in this role. However it may have been a train wreck. At least we know what we get from Anderson which is the ideal stretch 4 in this offense. I think he'll improve on his 2016-17 #s and maybe even be more efficient.
CFTXAG10
AG
It still amazes me how we gave up so much in the CP3 trade yet we look deeper and better as a team

Chris Paul
James Harden
Trevor Ariza
Ryan Anderson
Clint Capela

Eric Gordon
PJ Tucker
Luc Mbah a Moute
Nene
Tarik Black
Troy Williams
Bobby Brown

RebAg13
AG
Deep talented team. Going to be a fun year
rvk246
AG
I had no stress until Saturday. Now I'm worried about OKC.
CFTXAG10
AG
rvk246 said:

They will compete for sure, but they lack depth
Aggie09Derek
AG
Still have room to make moves during the year too. Saved our exceptions right?
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

I hate the "there's only one basketball" line people use, especially when it's used when discussing how Harden and CP3 will play together, but since OKC is going to be putting three of the biggest isolation players on the court at the same time....well, there's only one basketball.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Over/under regular season win total set at 55.5 at my book

GS 67.5, Dallas 35.5, SAS 55.5, Cleveland 53.5

OKC currently off the board for some reason
CFTXAG10
AG
D-Wade
CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High
AG
Gonna be a fun year, aside from Harden and CP3. Ariza knows he's in a contract year, Anderson knows he needs to prove himself this season, and Capela knows this needs to be the season he takes his game to a new level.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm amazed at how a few minor changes can make the jerseys look sooooo much better than what we had with Adidas. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the gear Nike has for it's new NBA contract.
lil99chris
AG
I figured there would already be a Landry's logo opposite the Nike logo.
WES2006AG
AG
I've seen some other NBA jerseys that have ads on them for this year. Are the Rockets just not doing that?
TrillOBrien
AG
WES2006AG said:

I've seen some other NBA jerseys that have ads on them for this year. Are the Rockets just not doing that?
I hope not
k20dub
AG
WES2006AG said:

I'm sure they will. Probably wanted to wait until the sale went through to start negotiating with companies. Will be interesting to see who we choose. Some are pretty dumb, but some don't look terrible.
Mr.Bond
AG
Gotta pay thosw bench warmers 50+ million somehow somehow
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

WES2006AG
AG
k20dub said:

WES2006AG said:

I'm sure they will. Probably wanted to wait until the sale went through to start negotiating with companies. Will be interesting to see who we choose. Some are pretty dumb, but some don't look terrible.

I agree. The GE logo on the Celtics jerseys looks classy. Here are the teams who have jersey sponsors so far.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/baileybrautigan/2017/02/15/photos-and-details-for-every-nba-jersey-patch-sponsorship-deal/amp/
Buck Compton
AG
GE on Boston looks good. Orlando and Disney isn't bad. Jazz is okay, but I don't know what it is.

The 76ers is downright awful. Who else has them? (EDIT: Asked and Answered Above)
3rdGen2015
AG
Do you think Buc-ee's can swing a couple mil a year?
Hickory High
AG
TrillOBrien said:

WES2006AG said:

I hope not

Ads on jerseys = fewer commercials
gougler08
AG
Hickory High said:

TrillOBrien said:

WES2006AG said:

I hope not

That seems doubtful at best
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

TrillOBrien said:

WES2006AG said:

I hope not

I believe that the NBA is reducing the number of timeouts each team gets this year.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/12/nba-board-governors-timeout-rules-game-flow-trade-deadline
TrillOBrien
AG
Hickory High said:

TrillOBrien said:

WES2006AG said:

I hope not

Ads on jerseys = more revenue = increased salary cap = more super teams = more boring NBA
CFTXAG10
AG
Only acceptable Ad logo would be a Neon Blue Ferris Wheel
k20dub
AG
Melo said "a deal was done with Houston in July, not sure why it didn't go through".

I guess when Jackson got canned, they put it on hold would be my guess.
k20dub
AG
Also, apparently Harden is about 12 lbs lighter than his weight at training camp last year.
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub said:

Melo said "a deal was done with Houston in July, not sure why it didn't go through".

I guess when Jackson got canned, they put it on hold would be my guess.
Yea, the rumor was that Jackson wanted to get rid of Melo and would have done the deal with Houston even if it meant taking on Ryan Anderson's contract, although it was preferred to find a third team to complete the deal. Then he gets canned and new ownership won't play ball with Morey. Holding out for better pieces in return or continuing the tradition of dysfunction in New York by making him stay.
rvk246
AG
Kanter and McDermott are trash. It's not like they got anything better by holding out. They couldn't even get a first round pick!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tickets are going for next to nothing for the opening game vs the Sharks - should be fun to go and see all the new players.
k20dub
AG
Is there an expansion team I don't know about?
Aggie09Derek
AG
You haven't heard?
Guitarsoup
AG
rvk246 said:

Kanter and McDermott are trash. It's not like they got anything better by holding out. They couldn't even get a first round pick!
Kanter is a very good offensive player and rebounder. His defensive liabilities won't matter as much in the East. Dougie McBuckets is pretty much a disappointment, but he is a good shooter and his 3mm contract is over after this year.

The main thing they got was less guaranteed salary/more flexibility. Kanter+McD = ~40mm. Ryno = 61mm.
rvk246
AG
Fair enough, but they really should've gotten a first round pick from the deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
rvk246 said:

Fair enough, but they really should've gotten a first round pick from the deal.
Agree, but they could probably get one from trading Kanter's expiring contract after this year.

Kanter is one of those guys that would be great on a bad team. Over the past 3 seasons, he has averaged 22/12 on 54/30/79 shooting. If you are trying to tank, he will fill up a stat sheet and make it look like you are trying to win. But even though he will average 28ppg, his man will average 35. So look for Orlando, Sacramento, or Phoenix to go after him in the next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.