****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,152 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get what you are saying about the "listing" price. Although sellers can always accept whatever bids come through. I'm sure the Rockets analyze all of these things. Probably one of the reasons they disabled the bidding feature during the playoffs. That way they can make more $$$$ on face value tickets and re-sell on Flash at at least 80% face.
Bonfired
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I really wish the community would catch on to selling their tickets somewhere like craigslist or clutchfans so they can go below the minimum and just do a transfer so flash seats doesn't rape you.

I had several game tickets on Flash a couple of years ago that I just ended up eating because I couldn't price them like I wanted (lower than the low end, even) and there wouldn't even be a bid placed for me to accept. That 80% of face value was a problem, sadly.

Going back a ways, I'd love to see an NHL team in Houston. Hockey is a lot of fun in person. Hell, call ' em the Aeros and be done with it.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Rockets didn't even sell out some of the Thunder games

Not enough fans on clutchfans/Craigslist etc willing to pay halfway decent money to do the payment/transfer.

Regarding listing prices and accepting bids, if someone is able to list much lower people will just bid on those and don't even scroll down to the other set. Also flash looks like it was build by a high school kid and still doesn't have a dynamic seating chart (hell the static one they have you have to click on a link that opens it in a different page) - so amateur.
Farmer1906
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Rockets didn't even sell out some of the Thunder games

Not enough fans on clutchfans/Craigslist etc willing to pay halfway decent money to do the payment/transfer.

Regarding listing prices and accepting bids, if someone is able to list much lower people will just bid on those and don't even scroll down to the other set. Also flash looks like it was build by a high school kid and still doesn't have a dynamic seating chart (hell the static one they have you have to click on a link that opens it in a different page) - so amateur.
You sure about that? I think there was just a post to get people in early.
Nino Brown
I worked for the Rockets 2003-2006. Problem with the club seating(baseline to baseline) is most people our in the Lexus lounge most of the game or they don't show up at all.
Aggie09Derek
AG
some of the games, yes there were still tickets from box office available after tip off and it wasn't just a handful.
RebAg13
AG
Ball is back on the two yard line
Ryan34
AG
rebornaggie2013 said:

Ball is back on the two yard line

According to?
RebAg13
AG
Quote:

Quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-set-trading-carmelo-anthony-rockets-article-1.3336415
The Knicks remain as committed as Carmelo Anthony to finalizing a deal that would send the All Star forward to the Houston Rockets.

According to a league source, new Knicks president Steve Mills informed Anthony's representatives last week that the team wanted to wait until after introducing Scott Perry as general manager before addressing Anthony's future.
HossAg
AG
They better get the deal done this time.
Hickory High
AG
Back-to-back goaline stands gonna happen
CFTXAG10
AG
Apparently Melo was at UCLA's campus hooping with Trevor Ariza and Bobby Brown....Sweet Lou, Butler, and Kyrie in attendance too. Probably for The Drew League.

CFTXAG10
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Rockets didn't even sell out some of the Thunder games - Which should never happen. That is embarrassing, and directly related to inflated ticket prices.

Regarding listing prices and accepting bids, if someone is able to list much lower people will just bid on those and don't even scroll down to the other set. I think this is sometimes true, but obviously the cheaper tickets are in worse sections. Some will pay/bid more on tickets that are in a better section.

Also flash looks like it was build by a high school kid and still doesn't have a dynamic seating chart (hell the static one they have you have to click on a link that opens it in a different page) - so amateur. I completely agree. The only feature I really enjoy on the site is bid-safe.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Regarding your second point I'm talking about the exact same section/row not being able to be listed at the same price. One person may buy at renewal rates, another at new season rate, and another at single game prices (which they raise multiple times sometimes).
CFTXAG10
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Regarding your second point I'm talking about the exact same section/row not being able to be listed at the same price. One person may buy at renewal rates, another at new season rate, and another at single game prices (which they raise multiple times sometimes).
Damn. Did not know that. They definitely need to fix that ****
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah it's a joke.

Some season ticket holders have sued other teams for similar type price floors.
CFTXAG10
AG
I could imagine....I wonder if the Rockets set the floor or if its FlashSeats. Obviously Flash has an interest in the prices not dropping too low so they can get higher buyer/seller fees per transaction.

I would be interested in getting a much deeper breakdown about revenue sharing between FlashSeats and the teams they do business with.
Aggie09Derek
AG
It's the Rockets
CFTXAG10
AG
In that case they have to be getting a percentage of the buyer/seller fees from Flash, or they don't want a bunch of cheap tickets out on the secondary market thus rendering them unable to sell their own at face. Maybe both. I would also be curious to know if the Rockets themselves have the ability to post tickets for sale on Flash and accept bids.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yes to all of the above.

80% of face +23% fee is not that enticing for most people for midweek game vs the Magic.
k20dub
AG
I listened to the Bill Simmons podcast this morning with Butler on it and he was talking about this. They send a group text out the day before and a bunch of NBA guys all meet up and hoop over the summer. They were calling it underground LA league. Badass.
k20dub
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
No mustard
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Guitarsoup
AG
Farmer1906
AG
I find that very hard to believe. Maybe more money over more years.
RebAg13
AG
He said it was over more years
Guitarsoup
AG

Duke education.

"Me and Eric..."
Hickory High
AG
Makes sense but oh how badly I wish it could happen.
Wrec86 Ag
Those are indeed the new Nike jerseys.
Dan Scott
AG
JJ thinks he's better than he is.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Dan Scott said:

JJ thinks he's better than he is.
k20dub
AG
Some buzz today about Melo to Portland...
Guitarsoup
AG
All I had seen was that Dame Lilliard and CJ McCollum were trying to talk him into it and that Melo wasn't warming up to it.
Mr.Bond
AG
k20dub said:

Some buzz today about Melo to Portland...

Not a ****ing chance
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Guitarsoup
AG
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20106267

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.