****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,195 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rockets fans should be happy with this assuming CP3 has gas in the tank. They gave up nothing but role players to get a true difference maker. I'd miss Bev for sure but Paul has been the emotional leader on every team he's ever been on.
TrillOBrien
AG
Where is David Stern in a CP3 trade when you need him
WES2006AG
AG
Stephen A on Sportscenter right now talking about us signing Melo if he can get a buyout in NY. May have to play with 2 basketballs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Rockets fans should be happy with this assuming CP3 has gas in the tank. They gave up nothing but role players to get a true difference maker. I'd miss Bev for sure but Paul has been the emotional leader on every team he's ever been on.
Agree. No brainer trade for the Rockets. The team that gets the star wins the trade, not the team that got three role players.
cr0wbar
AG
So...does this mean James really DIDNT like running point all season?
Mr.Bond
AG
TrillOBrien said:

Dude you gotta change your tampon
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TrillOBrien
AG
Ag Natural said:

My biggest (and really only issue) is that Harden just had his best season ever at the exact position CP3 plays. Add to the fact that he's 32 and we traded away most of our bench depth, this is not good. I don't see how 2 ball-dominant guys can co-exist in this way. We saw how that failed with Ty Lawson 2 years ago
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Steven A. saying if Melo can be bought out he wants to join Paul in Houston.
Mike Elko
AG
Johnsy3 said:

Omg Hayward would fit our athletic white SF hole that was just vacated so perfectly
Spurs fan, but well done.
rosco511
AG
I am not sure how it will work, but I like going for the deal. Golden State is loaded so only chance to get past them is to take big risks that may lead to big rewards. Ultimately, neither Beverly, Williams, nor Dekker were going to move the needle enough for the Rockets to get past Golden State so needed to try to find people who could.
TrillOBrien
AG
Mr.Bond said:

TrillOBrien said:

Dude sorry for being a fan
MelvinUdall
Hi, Im Brett said:

No.Fu**ing.Way
PascalsWager
AG
Rockets gave up almost nothing. The idea that Lou Williams hot hand might disappear next year is highly plausible. And Dekker isn't that young. CP3 is underrated by almost every advanced metric which show him as the somewhere around the 3rd best player in the league for the last 5 years.

However this doesn't really move the needle enough to beat the Warriors and Paul is injury prone. If CP3 was actually serious about winning the title, he'd join the Warriors. Every smart management structure in the league should be tanking. The rational move for 29 teams in the league is to tank. Morey's only argument is about high variance and probability in a sport where teams rarely get lucky. Once again, the thing keeping the Rockets from winning the title is Leslie Alexander who's tied one of Daryl's arms behind his back from the beginning. That's why we kept up the 9 seed 42 wins thing for four years.

Hinkie died for Philly's sins and Morey will probably die for Leslie Alexander's. I expect a firing after a CP3 injury plagued season soon enough.
Mr.Bond
AG
TrillOBrien said:

Mr.Bond said:

TrillOBrien said:

Dude sorry for being a fan

We get it. You don't like the trade. You've made multiple posts about it covering two different threads. It is what it is
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Frok
AG
Morey always keeps things interesting. Sucks losing Bev but if Paul can stay healthy it's definitely an upgrade. Williams and Dekker are replaceable.

CoachRTM
AG
you go all-in now.

Melo... Paul George... Kevin Love.... chase another big star to see if you can push the Warriors next year.

Anderson might as well put his house on the market now.

With Chris Paul and James Harden, Steph Curry is going to have to guard one of them, and that's a big advantage to the Rockets.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

To get Melo, you have to get NYK to agree to take Anderson+Ariza. Good luck with that.
Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

To get Melo, you have to get NYK to agree to take Anderson+Ariza. Good luck with that.
It is happening. Morey will figure it out.
Forum Troll
AG
Surprised at the negative comments. Got the best pure PG in the league for role players. Gotta take the risk. Morey isn't done.
TrillOBrien
AG
Does anyone remember what Melo's relationship was like with D'antoni when he was in New York? I know the media didn't like Mike but how did Melo feel about him
Farmer1906
AG
Forum Troll said:

Surprised at the negative comments. Got the best pure PG in the league for role players. Gotta take the risk. Morey isn't done.
Or did we already have the best pure PG and now we have the top 2?
Guitarsoup
AG
TrillOBrien said:

Does anyone remember what Melo's relationship was like with D'antoni when he was in New York? I know the media didn't like Mike but how did Melo feel about him
DAntoni quit because Melo was getting him fired.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea if I remember right Melo struggled in the offense and forced Dantoni out
rosco511
AG
I do not want Melo.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Windhorst saying Morey's vision is Paul George and will go hard after him.
WES2006AG
AG
So how long is CP signed for? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Farmer1906
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

What do we have to offer? Capela & Anderson?

We wouldn't have enough players to fill a roster and a giant ass massive hole at the 5... so I say go for it!
Guitarsoup
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

Rockets can't get anywhere near what the Celtics are offering and George doesn't have the leverage of opting in like Paul.
TrillOBrien
AG
Thoughts on a sign and trade for Paul Milsap?
k20dub
AG
NBA offseason though >
Guitarsoup
AG
WES2006AG said:

He opted into 2017-18 and agreed to an extension with the Rockets. Rockets can extend him for 5 more years at 210mm. So Rockets have him for the next 6 seasons at a cost of 235mm.
k20dub
AG
At this point I would say it's likely we try to add someone else big. Seems like we are going for it all the next 2-3 years.
Farmer1906
AG
WES2006AG said:

I believe he just opted in on his current deal so it only 1 year.
Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

Rockets can't get anywhere near what the Celtics are offering and George doesn't have the leverage of opting in like Paul.
He can say I won't sign an extension in Boston and want to be in Houston so the Celts back out of the deal. I don't think it is likely, but not impossible.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think Milsap moves the needle enough. I'd rather keep Ryno.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.