****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,123 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
TrillOBrien
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All this Melo talk is starting to get so annoying. The Knick suck for dragging it out this long
rvk246
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4385188/nba-trade-rumors-rockets-deal-for-carmelo-anthony-picking-up-steam-expected-to-be-completed-within-days/amp/

Not sure about article's credibility, but if true it's great news.
rvk246
AG
Very solid source close to HOU tells me that Carmelo Anthony is likely to be a Rocket by early this coming week. Stay tuned..

via @Tarek_Fattal on Twitter. Dude is verified so this is most likely accurate info.
TrillOBrien
AG
rvk246 said:

Very solid source close to HOU tells me that Carmelo Anthony is likely to be a Rocket by early this coming week. Stay tuned..

via @Tarek_Fattal on Twitter. Dude is verified so this is most likely accurate info.
Not doubting you but...

1) Carmelo was thought to be coming to Houston "by the end of this week" 2 weeks ago
2) Twitter verifies everyone nowadays, including high school recruits. Having a blue checkmark by your name on twitter doesn't mean anything anymore
rvk246
AG
It's not just him though. I saw two other tweets saying the same thing. Plus everyone knows that the deal collapsed two weeks ago because the new GM for NYK wanted to take matters into his own hands; it wasn't because of incorrect information.
Hickory High
AG
All I see is a bunch of people trying to generate some buzz in the biggest sports news drought time of the year. Wake me when it's done.
WES2006AG
AG
Nice read on Team USA's role in the super team trend.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20103019/how-dream-teams-led-superteams
CFTXAG10
AG
Now OKC in the mix for Melo. Not sure what that trade would look like or what they have to offer
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Now OKC in the mix for Melo. Not sure what that trade would look like or what they have to offer
Kanter, but NY doesn't want him. They would have to do a 3 way deal just like us.
rvk246
AG
I'm starting to hate the Knicks more and more each day.
CFTXAG10
AG
A few rumblings on CF that a guy who called the CP3 moves/trade is saying that Melo to Rockets gets done by 5:45pm tomorrow. Interesting.
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

I'm starting to hate the Knicks more and more each day.
Now you know how Knicks fans feel.
rvk246
AG
That was before the 'interest in OKC' bull****. Every time a deal is about to get done some **** gets in our way.
CFTXAG10
AG
Latest article says Melo still focused on Houston. His camp saying the same. This also makes me think someone in Melo's camp said he might be interested in OKC which led to Simmons reporting it. Did not come directly from Melo.

Story From NY Daily News
rvk246
AG
Good news if true, but it seems as though every time we close in on a deal, someone is there to mess it up (Portland, new Knicks GM, OKC).
rvk246
AG
A verified insider is now saying the Blazers will be involved as the third team in the melo deal. - @mikerice6
rvk246
AG
Knicks insider said that melo is unwilling to waive his NTC for OKC. Focus remains on us.
- @Schultz_Report
CFTXAG10
AG
So Ariza might be the price for unloading Anderson
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Whose our 5th starter if we lose Ariza and Anderson for Melo?
CFTXAG10
AG
Maybe PJ Tucker
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

No way that happens, both financially and team chemistry-wise. The guy reporting that is a hack.
Guitarsoup
AG
I would guess PJ Tucker. Need someone that can defend wings and that lets Gordon stay a 6th Man. Start Gordon and you have no offense coming off the bench.
Hickory High
AG
If Melo is as committed to us as it's being reported, then the Knicks have zero bargaining power. Their options are to trade him and get SOMETHING or keep him and get nothing. That's it. We set the price.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea your second unit would become Gordon, Williams, Nene, Mbah Moute
rvk246
AG
Not feeling confident that it's us though. If a deal gets done this soon and if the Blazers are involved, we might be in trouble. Portland said that they're not willing to help a conference rival get melo.
rvk246
AG
I'd hate to unload Ariza. Good defender, important for team chemistry, and on a great contract.
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
rvk246 said:

I'd hate to unload Ariza. Good defender, important for team chemistry, and on a great contract.
You forgot the most important point. It's Trevor Ariza in a contract year. He'll likely average a triple-double.
rvk246
AG
Lol even more reason to keep him.
TrillOBrien
AG
This Daryl Morey guy is pretty dumb and usually ends up on the losing side of most trades he makes. I really do wish he would listen to people on Twitter before proposing a trade!
AG@RICE
AG
I thought one of the reasons cp3 came to Houston was that he was good friends with ariza.

Also, if they plan to play harden and Melo on the same court they absolutely need ariza.

I don't believe Morey is actually trying to dump him, doesn't make sense.
Nino Brown
He is good friends with him but hopes to get Melo without losing Ariza.
AG@RICE
AG
It is debatable whether trading Anderson alone for old man Melo really makes us a better team.

Throwing in Ariza with Anderson makes us worse. Someone has to play defense.
Hickory High
AG
AG@RICE said:

It is debatable whether trading Anderson alone for old man Melo really makes us a better team.

Stop.
TajMaballer
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BW-OcIiAbdT

Edit: Didn't realize it was a fake account. Leaving it up for shame

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.