****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,193 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan34 said:

Golden State is supposedly the favorite to get Crawford. Not sure he's more than an end of the bench guy at this point anyways.

Of course they are.
shano0603
AG
Ryan34 said:

Golden State is supposedly the favorite to get Crawford. Not sure he's more than an end of the bench guy at this point anyways.

How are they still signing people that can play? They should be trying to get Latrell Sprewell out of retirement just so they can have a full roster
Pumpkinhead
AG
shano0603 said:

Ryan34 said:

How are they still signing people that can play? They should be trying to get Latrell Sprewell out of retirement just so they can have a full roster
GSW can pretty much cherry pick from the pool of guys willing to play for the exceptions or vet's minimum right now, because they can guarantee a ring better than anyone else in the NBA.
CFTXAG10
AG
Interesting article on potential Melo destinations and trade options: Link

Obviously the Knicks turned down Anderson + Non Gtds for Melo. I think the Cavs are hoping for a buyout, and that might be the best option for the Rockets too. The only other deal that might make sense was the three team giving up Ariza+Anderson+Non Gtds. Wonder how much longer the Knicks will twiddle their thumbs.
Forum Troll
AG
Latest ClutchFans stalking shows Carmelo in Houston today. With pics and everything.
CFTXAG10
AG
Forum Troll said:

Latest ClutchFans stalking shows Carmelo in Houston today. With pics and everything.

Flew from New York to Houston (IAH). Caught a connecting flight to Cabo.
Hickory High
AG
I thought the Knicks and Melo decided to not go through the with buyout/no-trade clause waiving.
Farmer1906
AG
Sounds like they don't want to do anything until they have new management in place.
CFTXAG10
AG
Rumor was that Phil was asking Dolan to approve a buyout of Melo, but he said no. Of course this was probably around the same time that Dolan was getting ready to can him.

I like the idea of a three team trade, but somebody has to be willing to give NY some young players or picks.
Forum Troll
AG
So the latest Carmelo rumor:

Melo to Houston
Anderson to Portland
Harkless and Leonard to NY and probably a pick or other trade fodder.

Some dude out in Portland (I think he is there) is tweeting this.
Forum Troll
AG
mAgnoliAg
AG
Well his contract is better than Allen Crabbe's
mAgnoliAg
AG
But aren't the blazers over the cap already?
Forum Troll
AG
I'm not sure but Harkless and Leonard = 20 mil a year roughly.
Guitarsoup
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

But aren't the blazers over the cap already?
WAY over the Luxury tax.
Farmer1906
AG
Why would they ever trade Leonard?
RebAg13
AG
aggie1906 said:

Why would they ever trade Leonard?

Myles Leonard
Forum Troll
AG
Forum Troll
AG
https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/7/6/15931742/rumor-blazers-knicks-rockets-trade-moe-harkless-meyers-leonard-ryan-anderson-carmelo-anthony
Hickory High
AG
FYI this whole rumor is based on a random clutchfans post. Amazing how it's snowballed.
Farmer1906
AG
Hickory High said:

FYI this whole rumor is based on a random clutchfans post. Amazing how it's snowballed.
The blazer writer based it off of Clutchfans?
Hickory High
AG
aggie1906 said:

Hickory High said:

Yep. He even mentioned the random Clutchfans poster on the thread he got the info from.
shano0603
AG
Hickory High said:

aggie1906 said:

Hickory High said:

Yep. He even mentioned the random Clutchfans poster on the thread he got the info from.

What a day to be alive
shano0603
AG
Did anyone get to watch the summer league game? I saw Zhou Zi highlights and he looked good. Much more like a stretch 4 than a post player. Pretty agile and has a clean stroke from 3. Perfect fit for this team.
Johnsy3
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
I didn't watch the whole game but I was impressed by Qi and Pastor Troy Williams. Qi is very athletic for his size and spaces the floor very well. Williams just does a little bit of everything and can shoot.
Forum Troll
AG
Quote:

The Knicks' acquisition of Hardaway Jr., to the staggering deal is expected to trigger a renewed willingness to work with the Houston Rockets on trade scenarios to unload Carmelo Anthony, league sources told ESPN.
The Rockets have been persistent in their pursuit of Anthony, who is willing to waive his no-trade clause to join Chris Paul and James Hardenin Houston, league sources told ESPN.
The Knicks do not imagine a scenario where Hardaway Jr., is sharing the floor with Anthony to start the season, league sources told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19918315/atlanta-hawks-not-match-new-york-knicks-offer-sheet-tim-hardaway-jr

From the Woj.
WES2006AG
AG
I would imagine NY has to change their mind about Ryan Anderson or we would have to bring in a 3rd team to get it done.
Forum Troll
AG
WES2006AG said:

I would imagine NY has to change their mind about Ryan Anderson or we would have to bring in a 3rd team to get it done.
I'd suspect this if it happens at all.
Forum Troll
AG
HossAg
AG
4 yr 228 million
Forum Troll
AG
Texaggie7nine
How can a man live off those scraps?
7nine
Bulldog73
AG
How do you field a team with a contract that huge?!!
Forum Troll
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.