****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,196 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Cyber is over on CF claiming Morey is chasing a CP3+Hayward combo
Of course, he is. Now the odds of it happening? Slim to none.
Forum Troll
AG
Ryan Anderson is critical for floor spacing even if he isn't hitting at a high %.
gordo97
AG
aggie1906 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Of course, he is. Now the odds of it happening? Slim to none.

So you're saying there's a chance..... YES!!!!
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I think Hayward and Blake Griffin are going to the Celtics.

Celtics trade Avery Bradly and Jae Crowder to LAC for S&T of Griffin. Hayward signs with room.

Isaiah Thomas
Gordon Hayward
Blake Griffin
Al Hortford
Marcus Smart
Jaylen Brown
#1 Overall
#17 Overall
Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I think Hayward and Blake Griffin are going to the Celtics.

Celtics trade Avery Bradly and Jae Crowder to LAC for S&T of Griffin. Hayward signs with room.

Isaiah Thomas
Gordon Hayward
Blake Griffin
Al Hortford
Marcus Smart
Jaylen Brown
#1 Overall
#17 Overall
Strong
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea, the Celtics look pretty set for the foreseeable future if the front office makes the right moves.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The Celtics is a team that is in possible position to be one of the next group of dominant teams in the NBA once this Cavs vs. Warriors era passes. Although the Warriors era probably will last at least another 2-3 years barring injuries, the Cavs last turn at dominating the East will end after next year if LeBron leaves.
shano0603
AG
Never joined this thread. Was tired of basketball and didn't care to watch the rest of the playoffs. But now I am curious to see what happens this off-season.

I'd be shocked to see the rockets get one of the bigger names in free agency(Griffin, Hayward, Paul, Lowry, Milsapp, etc) but we can always hope... Hayward would be a perfect fit.

Ideally, we need to get better at shooting and get better down low and shoot better from the outside.I don't see us as having enough assets to really trade for anyone. Trades would have to include Anderson for the money to make sense and I can't see them trading him... Morey had been trying to get Anderson for years and finally got him and has him locked up for 3 more seasons. That being said, I'd like to see us get a duo of Ibaka and Korver. Ibaka can defend well and rebound, as well as shoot the 3 which we lack with Capella, Nene and Harrell. He shot almost 40% from behind the arc last season compared to Harden's 35%. Korver is pretty self explanatory... I'd love to see him shot around 10 3's a game and be let loose in this offense. I invision Harden driving and if he's doubled, kick it out to Korver for the open 3. If he's not doubled, go at the rim.
Farmer1906
AG
Looks like we're getting Porzingis & Butler. Our big 3 is complete. Bring on GS.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG
AG
I hate that Morey is reportedly shopping Bev. Would love for the Rockets to find a way to keep him.
CFTXAG10
AG
I would imagine Morey would be asking for some pretty large assets in exchange for Bev and his team friendly deal. I would hate to see him go unless its for the right price. He has qualities that you cannot coach.
TrillOBrien
AG
Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to wrap my head around Harden and George being able to co-exist. I know PG13 is a great player, but I'd rather go after Porzingis, assuming the Knicks don't get too greedy
Farmer1906
AG
TrillOBrien said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to wrap my head around Harden and George being able to co-exist. I know PG13 is a great player, but I'd rather go after Porzingis, assuming the Knicks don't get too greedy
Knicks asked PHX for #4 pick and Booker. We aren't in for Porzingis.
Guitarsoup
AG
WES2006AG said:

I hate that Morey is reportedly shopping Bev. Would love for the Rockets to find a way to keep him.
Bev and Clint are the two best trade bait options. Cheap contracts, young, talented.
k20dub
AG
aggie1906 said:

TrillOBrien said:

Knicks asked PHX for #4 pick and Booker. We aren't in for Porzingis.
For Real? Are they high?
CFTXAG10
AG
Morey signed a 4-year extension. Had 1 year left, so he is locked in for the next 5
coop-aero-06
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Morey signed a 4-year extension. Had 1 year left, so he is locked in for the next 5
Does anyone else get a hilarious mental image of Morey negotiating his contract with himself?
Olsen
AG
Rockets are shopping Bev around the league and Bev said he is open to being traded.
zgood10
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub
AG
Hmmmm....I'd take Griffin.
CFTXAG10
AG
-If Griffin could stay healthy he would be pretty lethal catching lobs from Beard
-On the salary dump tweet, moving Anderson alone would create quite a bit of space if they don't take much back. Lou would clear some too, Bev not so much since his deal is pretty team friendly at 5+

TrillOBrien
AG
can someone please explain why we are targeting point guards???
Farmer1906
AG
TrillOBrien said:

can someone please explain why we are targeting point guards???
We're targeting the best players regardless of position.

Guitarsoup
AG
Mike d'antonio is kind of a put your five best players on the court and see what happens coach
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I liked ryan Anderson.
Can we ditch bev for cp3 and Trevor for griffin?
k20dub
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I liked ryan Anderson.

Let's see if we can bring DeAndre home while we're at it.
Farmer1906
AG
k20dub said:

I liked ryan Anderson.

Let's see if we can bring DeAndre home while we're at it.
Just to be safe we can ditch Lou for Bron.
TrillOBrien
AG

I liked ryan Anderson.
so you want to replace Beverley's team-friendly contract, his relentless defense, and leadership with a 32-year old ball-dominant point guard that will eat up cap space and can't get out of the 2nd round to save his life?

I'm sorry but I see no reason to go after CP3 or any other point guard for that matter after the phenomenal year Harden just had at that exact position. This team needs a PF or C.
CFTXAG10
AG
Utah emerging as candidate for Bev
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Wonder if that means that George Hill is leaving.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

This would absolutely disgust me.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

This would absolutely disgust me.
Same. More so because I love Bev but hate the Jazz.
k20dub
AG
What happens if we trade Bev then strike out on any FA's? I guess the same can be said about other guys on the team but Bev is the heart of this team. Feel like we would have to overpay for a replacement PG.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.