****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,145 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Nino Brown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pumpkinhead said:

Guitarsoup said:

Hayward would be perfect, but I think he either stays or goes to Boston. White guy in Boston averaging 20ppg? He'd be a god.
Boston has the coach (Brad Stevens) who coached Hayward at Butler when they made those impressive runs to the NCAA title game.
If you really had to explain that to these people on a basketball board on Texags that's just crazy
k20dub
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Chris Bosh is leaving the Miami Heat. Remember in the summer of 2014 when he was so close to joining the Rockets after Lebron went back to the Cleveland Cavaliers?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19452371/chris-bosh-miami-heat-agree-part-ways

Thought about this the other day. He would have to be super cheap right? Would he make it a whole season?
gordo97
AG
Isn't he going to die if he attempts to play a full season again?
k20dub
AG
Royce White won MVP of the Canadian league. WTF is up with guys that should have been Rockets doing so well?!
mAgnoliAg
AG
k20dub said:

Royce White won MVP of the Canadian league. WTF is up with guys that should have been Rockets doing so well?!

Do you know of any other person who plays in the Canadian league?

Edit: also they take buses to every game and have tiny stadiums. He never would last in the NBA.
k20dub
AG
Still, he obviously has some talent. Could have came off the bench for us if he wasn't such a *****.
Guitarsoup
AG
I was at one of the pre-season games he played. Had great vision and handles. Better scoring version of Boris Diaw.
AG@RICE
AG
I hope we offer Jonathan Simmons an above market contract.
mAgnoliAg
AG
AG@RICE said:

I hope we offer Jonathan Simmons an above market contract.

No he was just playing for a larger contract. He will be 28 years old this coming season and he's not really a good 3 pt shooter. Also Ariza will be good this year because it is his contract year
mAgnoliAg
AG
Rockets plan to sign Zhou Qi: 7'2" 218 lbs averaged 16,10, 2.3 blocks
gordo97
AG
7'2" and 218 lbs???? Does he even lift bro???
Farmer1906
AG
So I figured out what we need to do to beat GS. Trade for Greek Freak, sign Hayward, and start a rumor that Josh Jackson murdered his family so he falls to us in the draft. Seems feasible, right?
CFTXAG10
AG
Or convince Llull to come over and make this happen: ESPN Trade Machine

Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Or convince Llull to come over and make this happen: ESPN Trade Machine

Not nearly enough.
CFTXAG10
AG
Would definitely get you closer though. Doesn't matter though, Pacers don't make that deal.

Here is what I see Morey doing for now anyway (mostly obvious):
1) Get Nene back on a team friendly deal
2) See what you have with Zhou Qi and have him in a weight room all Summer
3) At least reach out to Llulls camp again and test the waters there
4) Keep an eye on free agency in July and work the phones for possible trade partners
5) No way the Rockets draft 2 guys in the second round. We wither trade those picks and move up or move out.
k20dub
AG
Did y'all see the article last night that had a quote from Morey saying "we have something up our sleeve". Hopefully he really does and not just blowing smoke.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

"They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster... We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve." -Morey
mAgnoliAg
AG
Quote:

5) No way the Rockets draft 2 guys in the second round. We wither trade those picks and move up or move out.

Or draft a stash guy or 2
CFTXAG10
AG
True. Had not thought about that but a good way to avoid spending money.
texasaggie2015
AG
What if Morey actually had something up his sleeve and that's what he meant
CFTXAG10
AG

Not sure how he would fit Dantoni's system and the $ would be hard to work out, but it's from Woj so worth noting
Guitarsoup
AG
Two ball-dominant ball handlers would be interesting.
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Two ball-dominant ball handlers would be interesting.
That is where I question fit. Although I do think it would take some pressure off Harden by adding another guy who can create off the dribble. Still think he re-signs with LAC for an ungodly amount of money.
Farmer1906
AG
No thanks on Paul.
TrillOBrien
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Not sure how he would fit Dantoni's system and the $ would be hard to work out, but it's from Woj so worth noting
Still don't want him. We'd never get past the 2nd round and we have bigger positions to fill
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906
AG
I guess I'd be open to trying it. I doubt it works. I'd much rather have a Khris Middleton type.
WES2006AG
AG
I'm glad we are talking to Chris Paul but I'm not sure he is the superstar we need. It would be an odd mix with him and James both wanting the ball.

I have a feeling that we start next year with pretty much the same team we ended this year with.
Farmer1906
AG
That aint a good thing. I can't see us improving much from what we did last year running out the same guys again. It is going to be tough for Harden to continue his level of play. Some of the vets will be a year older. We need a true robin to Harden's batman. We stocked with plus role guys.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think Morey tries to move Anderson in the offseason
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I think Morey tries to move Anderson in the offseason
For?

He was a pretty big part of our team and a great fit for the system.

We were 50-22 in games Anderson played. In wins his TS% was almost 60%, losses 55%. We were 5-5 when he was out.

He did shoot pretty poorly in the postseason. If he's not knocking down shots, he's not worth much since he's pretty much just a scorer.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just a hunch. More for contract reasons than anything. He is set to make close to 19 million next season. I would imagine you have to move him to bring in another all-star caliber player. Again, just an absolute guess on my part.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ryan Anderson is a better fit in Houston than on most other teams plus he's still owed about 63 million dollars. I doubt he gets moved. I'm sure Maury would move absolutely anyone on the team if he thought it would approve the team though
Farmer1906
AG
Agreed.

CFTXAG10
AG
Cyber is over on CF claiming Morey is chasing a CP3+Hayward combo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.