****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,211 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Les Alexander was a great owner so him selling makes me nervous. However going to a Houston business man sounds good. Being a long time Houston resident he will hopefully understand the aspects that made Les Alexander a great owner and hopefully he can mimic that.
TexAgs1992
This is the best case scenario of selling the team. A+ situation.
Olsen
AG
Wizard
I think Tillman will truly want to win
WES2006AG
AG
There is always some nervousness when you have a owner like Les step away but I think this is a really good situation.

Tillman will surely be willing to do what it takes to bring in top flight talent.
Hickory High
AG
Tillman is Mark Cuban on steroids when in terms of meticulous controlling of his businesses. I'm a little bit nervous about the future of his relationship with Morey, but the fact that he's a native Houstonian Rockets fan is a huge plus.
CoachRTM
AG
Steve Ballmer spent 6% of his net worth on the Clippers.

Tilman Fertitta is spending 71% of his net worth on the Rockets

- from Eric Jackson on Twitter
WES2006AG
AG
Bucks and Jabari Parker now being talked about as the third team in a potential Melo deal.
WES2006AG
AG
CoachRTM said:

Steve Ballmer spent 6% of his net worth on the Clippers.

Tilman Fertitta is spending 71% of his net worth on the Rockets

- from Eric Jackson on Twitter

He will be fine. Just needs to sell a few more tickets for the Ferris wheel.
coastalAg
AG
Hickory High said:

Tillman is Mark Cuban on steroids when in terms of meticulous controlling of his businesses. I'm a little bit nervous about the future of his relationship with Morey, but the fact that he's a native Houstonian Rockets fan is a huge plus.
This is what makes me nervous. I hope he can check his massive ego some and let the basketball people do their thing.

I am also cringing a little bit about future gameday experience. Going to be lots of Landrys businesses being peddled in Toyota Center.
coastalAg
AG
coastalAg said:

Hickory High said:

This is what makes me nervous. I hope he can check his massive ego some and let the basketball people do their thing.

I am also cringing a little bit about future gameday experience. Going to be lots of Landrys businesses being peddled in Toyota Center.
Landry's Center*
coastalAg
AG
coastalAg said:

coastalAg said:

Hickory High said:

Landry's Center*
Golden Nugget Court at Landry's Center*
Hickory High
AG
coastalAg said:

Hickory High said:

What, you're not excited about having a Rainforest Cafe in the Toyota Center??
TrillOBrien
AG
As long as he keeps the current Front Office in tact, I think this is a fantastic deal
BQ_90
AG
Biggest loser is UH, no way he will keep funneling money to keep their AD afloat
shano0603
AG
For those wondering. There will be Landry's restaurants in Toyota Center. At least two.

Also, one thing I never knew, Les' wife was a supporter of PETA and really limited what they could serve as far as food goes. Which will change next year.
Texaggie7nine
Quote:

At this point, the most likely outcome is Anthony wearing a Knicks jersey when media day hits Madison Square Garden, which will be just a slightly uncomfortable situation.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-carmelo-anthony-news-rockets-knicks-cavs-jabari-parker-bucks-injury-contract/lzpma11kck2e1iva7g922hsr4
7nine
TexAgs1992
shano0603 said:

For those wondering. There will be Landry's restaurants in Toyota Center. At least two.

Also, one thing I never knew, Les' wife was a supporter of PETA and really limited what they could serve as far as food goes. Which will change next year.
Is Tilman is going to be serving dog meat? Les has been serving burgers, dogs, BBQ, chicken, etc.
WES2006AG
AG
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Red and White Bistro turned into a Landrys Signature restaurant
shano0603
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

shano0603 said:

Is Tilman is going to be serving dog meat? Les has been serving burgers, dogs, BBQ, chicken, etc.

Sorry, should have been more specific. They wouldn't serve anything with a bone still attached.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Just please tell me there will be good food somewhere besides club sections
WES2006AG
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Just please tell me there will be good food somewhere besides club sections

Yep, I welcome this change because the food upstairs couldn't get any worse.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just wait. The bistro will be landrys themed, the bar and food area by the team shop will be pimped out, and the club sections will be upgraded. TF is going to style up the joint.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

How awesome woild it be to walk in to that pick up game at your local gym?

k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
I mean look at that team chemistry....Beard and Melo already have the same body language
Hickory High
AG
Hoodie Melo
Hickory High
AG
That sequence at 0:12 tho

plz make it happen, Morey
WES2006AG
AG
That's one of the first spot up 3s James has had in a while. NY needs to surrender to Morey already.
rvk246
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thedreamshake.com/platform/amp/2017/9/14/16307570/sports-illustrateds-ranked-rockets

Harden ranked ahead of Westbrook according to SI.
rvk246
AG
"Anthony's camp is cautiously optimistic that a deal will be struck before Monday."

- Ben DuBose
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

"Anthony's camp is cautiously optimistic that a deal will be struck before Monday."

- Ben DuBose

Forum Troll
AG
rvk246 said:

- Ben DuBose
Knicks report to training camp Monday. I'd love to see the trade but who knows at this point.
rvk246
AG
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/carmelo-anthony-trailblazers-trade-rockets-knicks-details/

^^ this is not good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.