****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,189 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the dumbest part is that they waited until after the playoffs to announce it. Not nearly as many are talking about mvp 2 months later.
Olsen
AG
Eric Gordon is the 6th Man of the Year!
CFTXAG10
AG
EG
shano0603
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Eric Gordon is the 6th Man of the Year!
Other two finalists were Iggy and Lou Williams. 6th and 7th man!!!
Psych
AG
They are giving all the lesser awards to the rockets so we aren't pissed when they screw harden out of the MVP
CFTXAG10
AG
Hustle Award to Pat Bev
Olsen
AG
Harden got his eyes on a different prize!

CFTXAG10
AG
Harden's exchange with Drake was pretty funny

Bill Russell was great too

flashplayer
AG
That had gif written all over it as soon as it happened.
Psych
AG
This is the worst thing I've ever watched in my life.
CFTXAG10
AG
Dantoni! Coach of the year
Olsen
AG
D'Antoni is Coach of the Year!
dixichkn
AG
I guess Drew Brees should have won NFL MVP huh? He also put up huge meaningless stats for a mediocre team
TrillOBrien
AG
dixichkn said:

I guess Drew Brees should have won NFL MVP huh? He also put up huge meaningless stats for a mediocre team
it's just funny how in 2015, Harden didn't win because Steph had more wins even though Harden had the stats, now 2 years later, Harden didn't win because stats were more important than wins. It's a disgrace
CFTXAG10
AG
The MVP is a narrative driven award
TrillOBrien
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I agree. As long as the media controls 100% of the votership, it will continue to be flawed. The voting should be split up between GM's (50%), Players (30%), and media (20%)
CFTXAG10
AG
TrillOBrien said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I agree. As long as the media controls 100% of the votership, it will continue to be flawed. The voting should be split up between GM's (50%), Players (30%), and media (20%)
I could see something like that. Anything is better than 100% media. Personally, I give way more value to the opinion of current and former players than anything.
rvk246
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2718443-chris-paul-rumors-rockets-reportedly-increasingly-serious-threat-to-sign-pg.amp.html
Interesting Article on Chris Paul
WES2006AG
AG
I'm still not really sure what a Harden/Paul backcourt would look like but it makes me more comfortable that James is actively recruiting CP.
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Assuming they can dump Bev, Anderson, Lou for nothing in return to make salaries come close:

C Capela
PF Ariza
SF Gordon
SG Harden
PG Paul

Bench:

Dekker
Harrell
Onuaku
Dillon Brooks
Vet Min
Vet Min
Vet Min

Not the deepest team ever.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think that Anderson contract is going to be impossible to move. Moving Gordon would be a lot more manageable.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I think that Anderson contract is going to be impossible to move. Moving Gordon would be a lot more manageable.
I think most teams understand that Anderson is a perfect fit for Dantoni and next to a guy like Capela. There are few teams he would work well on, but I think next to a solid defender like Whiteside, DJ, or KAT would be ideal. But to still owe him $63mm? Don't think a lot of teams want to pay him that, even if he is a good fit on their team.
TexAgs1992
I am not for dumping Bev, Anderson, and Lou to make space for a 32 year old, ball-dominant point guard. Do not care how good he is.
AG@RICE
AG
I can't see how losing Bev and adding CP3 makes us a better team.

I don't care that much about losing Williams or Anderson, but Bev is a really really good player for our team. During the Morey years, there has been a huge emphasis on scoring and major de-emphasis on defense and toughness. Consequently, the are really only 2 guys on the team who can play championship-level defense: Bev and Ariza (maybe Gordon too). When the game is on the line CP3 is also a good defender; however, If we ever hope to make a serious run at a championship we need to collect more guys that can shoot and play defense, not swap them out.

Farmer1906
AG
I do not get the hate or lack of caring for Anderson. He has a true shooting % of 58.3% and is such a great fit for Mike's system. And if we do get rid of him, who's playing the lion's share of the minutes at PF?
k20dub
AG
In Morey we trust.
PascalsWager
AG
I think CP3 and the Paul George should go the Warriors in a three team trade that sends that McCraw guy to the Clippers Damian James to the Pacers. Then the basketball media can be SO IMPRESSED by how awesome the Warriors offense looks and the hard work it took to win the title again.
WES2006AG
AG
Ryan was an absolute no show in the playoffs. But I agree he is pretty much a perfect fit here and had a really good regular season. If we get rid of him it had better be for a piece that makes us a lot better.
TrillOBrien
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

I am not for dumping Bev, Anderson, and Lou to make space for a 32 year old, ball-dominant point guard. Do not care how good he is.
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
TrillOBrien
AG
aggie1906 said:

I do not get the hate or lack of caring for Anderson. He has a true shooting % of 58.3% and is such a great fit for Mike's system. And if we do get rid of him, who's playing the lion's share of the minutes at PF?
I've heard Morey is ready to bring in Zhou Qi from China, so I'd assume he and Harrell would get those minutes.
Guitarsoup
AG

WES2006AG
AG
WOW
TrillOBrien
AG
terrible move.
CFTXAG10
AG
That seems like an awful lot to give up for Paul.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.