****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,157 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
rvk246
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't get what the Knicks' problem is. They want to rebuild and yet they're not willing to dump melo's salary to a team that needs him. Honestly at this point I'd be surprised if a trade happens at all until the start of the season.
flashplayer
AG
rvk246 said:

I don't get what the Knicks' problem is. They want to rebuild and yet they're not willing to dump melo's salary to a team that needs him. Honestly at this point I'd be surprised if a trade happens at all until the start of the season.

So other NBA teams are reluctant to get bum violated in a trade deal with the Rockets and you're wondering what their problem is?
Guitarsoup
AG
rvk246 said:

Hard to rebuild with a one-dimensional player taking 20% of your salary and no premium assets (young, talented players, good draft picks, etc.)
Dan Scott
AG
Cut your losses and buy out his contract.
rvk246
AG
Knicks current mission is to engage Cavs in talks for Irving. Willing to part with Frank Ntilikina, a first and Lance Thomas as of now. Ideally, Knicks would convince Carmelo Anthony to agree to a trade to CLE, but I'm hearing Anthony remains set on Houston. No change.

via @TreyRodriguezNY

In case y'all wanted an update on the melo situation.
k20dub
AG
I'm now officially on the "wake me up when it happens" phase.
Hickory High
AG
Cleveland is the last place you'd want to be if you're Melo. It's no wonder he refuses to waive the NTC for them, but the only ones who don't seem to understand that is James Dolan/whoever else is making decisions. The Kyrie situation is a mess, they gave away all their prospects & draft picks for aging vets, Lebron has made it clear he's the only alpha allowed on the team, and no one knows what the team will look like next year.

So....why the HELL would he want to go there?? Oh that's right, he doesn't. Take this L and eat Ryan Anderson's contract for us, Knicks.
flashplayer
AG
Why would they take Anderson? Hell, they'd be better off keeping a pissy team cancer in Carmelo and eating his salary.
TrillOBrien
AG
I'd rather eat up Anderson's deal than lose Melo next offseason for nothing in return if I'm the Knicks
flashplayer
AG
That would be a foolish move. You would rather dump Anderson's 20 million a year onto your books for the next several years then let Melos cap space clear? That makes no sense at all. You guys have to start looking at this from the Knicks perspective, or you might be awfully disappointed.

Though I will concede, it is the Knicks, so I guess anything is possible. But them taking on Ryan Anderson would lock them into possibly the worst team of all time for three straight years.
Aggie09Derek
AG
TrillOBrien said:

I'd rather eat up Anderson's deal than lose Melo next offseason for nothing in return if I'm the Knicks

Lol - you realize they can still be a player in free agency and use the money right?
Hickory High
AG
flashplayer said:

That would be a foolish move. You would rather dump Anderson's 20 million a year onto your books for the next several years then let Melos cap space clear? That makes no sense at all. You guys have to start looking at this from the Knicks perspective, or you might be awfully disappointed.

Though I will concede, it is the Knicks, so I guess anything is possible. But them taking on Ryan Anderson would lock them into possibly the worst team of all time for three straight years.
tbh I don't think the Knicks are going to be an attractive free agent location like everyone assumes they are. They're not going to be a good team for a while unless they get lucky with their draft picks. But it's the Knicks, so they'd probably mess those up too.
rvk246
AG
In all honesty, the Knicks and melo are playing a game of chicken. Either NY will crack and trade him to us for little in return, buy him out, or melo will crack and expand his list of trade destinations. Let's hope the former happens.
rvk246
AG
I don't know much about their new GM, but he's handled this situation pretty damn well IMO. He's 1000x better than Phil Jackson.
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

I don't know much about their new GM, but he's handled this situation pretty damn well IMO. He's 1000x better than Phil Jackson.
Phil would've given us Melo AND Kristaps for Anderson.
Bulldog73
AG
So you're saying he's a lot worse than Phil.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hickory High
AG
I'm confused.
Bulldog73
AG
Bad joke. The deal you said would mean we like Phil a lot more than the current guy.
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Just watched some of his Notre Dame highlights. Looks like he has some of that Pat Bev edge to him. And his shooting form is BEAUTIFUL.
flashplayer
AG
I think NY is about the crappiest place a person could take their basketball career if they care about basketball, not getting killed in taxes / cost of living, and especially winning. I think for those reasons, they are not an attractive destination for most good players. They're on the 76ers level timetable if they get their shi together right now. And there's no way Porzingis stays there. I think he's gone the very first chance he gets. So we agree on the Knicks.
k20dub
AG
rvk246
AG
I know it's unlikely, but I wish we could get melo before then.
rvk246
AG
Latest on melo:

Knicks are searching for the best possible return in a Melo trade, which makes sense. Both NYK & Melo seem to be behaving rationally here.

- Ian Begley
Hickory High
AG
k20dub said:

Morey purchased the banana boat?
rvk246
AG
Carmelo Anthony is only interested in going to Houston. Won't waive NTC for the Cavs,Knicks are waiting for a better offer from HOU (NYPost)

More power to him for not budging. If I were in his place, I'd go anywhere.
Texaggie7nine
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Beyonce-Is-Said-Interested-in-NBA-s-Rockets-11723617.php
7nine
Mr.Bond
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Beyonce-Is-Said-Interested-in-NBA-s-Rockets-11723617.php
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TrillOBrien
AG
As long as she stays out of Morey's way, she can buy whatever she wants.
rvk246
AG
This x1000. Idc who owns the rockets as long as they stay in their lane and let morey do what he does.
Texaggie7nine
She can't afford the whole team herself. She would have to be a stakeholder in a buyer group.
7nine
TexAgs1992
No thanks. I'd prefer her, nor Jay Z, nor any entertainer be the face of the Rockets. I don't think she's even been to a game in at least two years.
Guitarsoup
AG
Doesn't Jay-Z own part of the Nets? Can a husband and wife on two different teams?
lil99chris
AG
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2013/09/06/jay-z-sells-piece-of-nets-for-second-highest-price-in-nba-history/#1f5a7c9e7776
Hickory High
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Doesn't Jay-Z own part of the Nets? Can a husband and wife on two different teams?
1. I'm pretty sure Jay-Z sold his minuscule share years ago.

2. They may not be married much longer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.