****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,223 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gibbs2016 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

3 yr 11 mil
11 per year or divided by 3? If it's 3 for 11 than that's a steal

Definitely not 11 a year
flashplayer
AG
You mean I get a whole pound of Strawberries for $2.50?!?!?!
gibbs2016
Well damn, with the ridiculous contracts going out I wouldn't be surprised.

Rockets just need to sign Melo after he's bought out.

So, as of today:

Paul /
Harden / Gordon
Ariza / Tucker
Anderson /
Capella / Nene / Qi

Would like

Paul / nice vet (good D, 3 pt shooter)
Harden / Gordon
Ariza/ Tucker
Melo / Anderson
Capella / Nene

Idk if we'd have to get rid of Anderson to get Melo or not.

That lineup would give GS a serious run for their money
flashplayer
AG
I don't think Melo adds a lot for the Rockets in their current construct. Shooting, but you don't need his ISOs taking the ball from Harden or Paul.

I also don't see Melo taking a role like that, judging by his history.
Ryan34
AG
Melo would be a huge upgrade over Anderson. Whether he'd be satisfied with the role we'd need him to take is another story.
ATM9000
AG
I'll defend Melo in that I think his problem is he's not been on a team where he's anything other than far and away the best player... And he's miscast as that. I know some will say oh but Porzingas now. I live around NY now and see a lot of the Knicks. Porzingas is super talented but he's not close to being an alpha dog yet.

The problem with Carmelo is he has always been a top 15-25 Player expected to do top 10 player things.

I'd love to see him run with Paul and Harden because similar to those guys, he isn't a dumb basketball player, has loads of talent and I think no doubt would figure out the right role for himself and his team quickly.
CFTXAG10
AG
Token
AG
Yeah, I'm sure D'Antoni wants to be reunited with the clown that got him fired in NYC
CFTXAG10
AG
The more I think about Melo I care more about his relationship with Harden and Paul combined with his overall fit on the team. My guess is Dantoni and Melo can come to an understanding and realize this situation is a lot different than what they were dealing with in NY. If Melo is willing to come on board and finally not be "the guy" it could work out pretty well.
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub
AG
Exactly. That was years ago. Who knows what their relationship is like now or what it can be? We would definitely become the most scrutinized team in the NBA if we had Melo, CP3 and Harden though.
Frok
AG
k20dub said:

Exactly. That was years ago. Who knows what their relationship is like now or what it can be? We would definitely become the most scrutinized team in the NBA if we had Melo, CP3 and Harden though.

Might as well do it and go for the gold.

However I for one have to adjust myself on Chris Paul. He was my most hated player in the NBA.
HossAg
AG
Why?
RebAg13
CFTXAG10
AG
Wonder if the Rockets would have any interest in Barbosa. Just released by Suns. Could be a decent bench option for cheap that already knows the system.
k20dub
AG

Morey with Simmons. About to give it a listen.
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Wonder if the Rockets would have any interest in Barbosa. Just released by Suns. Could be a decent bench option for cheap that already knows the system.
The Brazilian Blur doesn't have much in the tank. And what little he might provide on offense will be overshadowed by how truly terrible he is now on defense.
Ryan34
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

The Brazilian Blur doesn't have much in the tank. And what little he might provide on offense will be overshadowed by how truly terrible he is now on defense.
So he will fit in perfectly?

Also, found this interesting re: Tucker

CFTXAG10
AG
NBA Summer League Schedule

Friday July 7th - Rockets vs. Nuggets - 9pm NBATV
Saturday July 8th - Rockets vs. Cavaliers - 9pm ESPNU
Monday July 10th - Rockets vs. Suns - 5:30pm - NBATV

Record will determine schedule for 12th-17th
WES2006AG
AG
Ryan34 said:

The talk about Clips game 6 "The Josh Smith/Corey Brewer Game" was awesome.
cr0wbar
AG
Leandro Barbosa has to be nearing Juwan Howard age
ATM9000
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Want to add a player who hasn't really been in an NBA rotation in like 5 seasons right? Just checking.
flashplayer
AG
Go get Steve Nash and Amare while you're at it.
CFTXAG10
AG
I'm talking about a guy who averages 15 minutes a game who could possibly sign on at the Vet minimum. Knows Dantoni's system. Pals with Nene through time playing for Brazil. Vet leadership. Not asking for major contributions. Just a bench filler that might make sense.
CFTXAG10
AG
In other news, watching Big 3 and Drexler is coaching Team Power which consists of Cuttino Mobley and Moochie Norris
MathNewman06
AG
Moochie at about 270 lb, that is.
It's nice getting to watch Cuttino brick 3's (or 4 pointers) again.
TrillOBrien
AG
Probably a pipe dream, but if we can't get anyone else to sign in the coming days/weeks or if Melo isn't bought out, what do you guys say about possibly bringing back someone like Scola? Production has dropped off but he still shoots the ball efficiently and he'd be a quality bench guy. Only real issue is that he's a mid-range shooter and we know how Morey feels about that
shano0603
AG
I love Scola for his time here... but I'm not sure how he fits in this offense.
k20dub
AG

How about Crawford?
Farmer1906
AG
I'd take Crawford. He could take Lou's spot as the 7th man.
TrillOBrien
AG

Morey should reunite them after one week of separation
Ryan34
AG
Golden State is supposedly the favorite to get Crawford. Not sure he's more than an end of the bench guy at this point anyways.
Farmer1906
AG
I guess he just wants a ring. I figured he would still want to play.
Farmer1906
AG
We land Paul, Hill takes the money, and they're still regretting last year's big signing. Not a strong offseason for SAS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.