****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,184 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
TREX01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe Mattress Mack will buy the team so Harden will have a comfortable spot to lay down during another playoff blowout.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
TREX01 said:

Maybe Mattress Mack will buy the team so Harden will have a comfortable spot to lay down during another playoff blowout.
mAgnoliAg
AG
TREX01 said:

Guitarsoup
Texaggie7nine
https://www.facebook.com/mattressmack/posts/1648626858490153
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
I think Fertitta would be an interesting owner. Especially if the legalization of sports gambling continues in the right direction.
rvk246
AG
Carmelo is not willing to waive his no-trade clause to join the Blazers, Melo is determined to land in HOU or CLE. (via @AmicoHoops)

Looks like we still hold the leverage for the melo trade
Mr.Bond
AG
rvk246 said:

Carmelo is not willing to waive his no-trade clause to join the Blazers, Melo is determined to land in HOU or CLE. (via @AmicoHoops)

Looks like we still hold the leverage for the melo trade

Why in the hell would he ever agree to Portland? Are they that naive?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Guitarsoup
AG
Knicks trying to rebuild around Alan Crabbe. Because nothing they do is surprising.
CFTXAG10
AG
Still think this is just Dolan/Mills allowing Perry to make a good first impression.

-stalls all trade talks until he gets in office
-holds presser and says buyout isn't an option and wants mutually beneficial deal
-eventually trades him and everyone is better off for it
rvk246
AG
Lmao Portland is like that wingman that falls for the girl.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just for off-season sake and due to current affairs: If you took over as the owner of the Rockets what would be your top 3 priorities/changes once you "assume office"?

1)
2)
3)
Frok
AG
1) Support Morey's efforts to go "all-in" for a championship
2) Bring back the red & gold color scheme
3) Allow an NHL team to share Toyota Center
Farmer1906
AG
Win the NBA Championship
Win the NBA Championship
Win the NBA Championship
Jackal99
AG
Frok said:

1) Support Morey's efforts to go "all-in" for a championship
2) Bring back the red & gold color scheme
4) Bring back Turbo.
Mr.Bond
AG
Frok said:

Exactly. If Tampa Bay, Raleigh, Phoenix, Nashville, Miami, Los Angeles (2 teams) Las freaking Vegas etc there is no reason Houston can't support an NHL team
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Frok said:

Exactly. If Tampa Bay, Raleigh, Phoenix, Nashville, Miami, Los Angeles (2 teams) Las freaking Vegas etc there is no reason Houston can't support an NHL team
I'm not against the NHL, I just don't care and don't see how that would an NBA owner's priority.
CFTXAG10
AG

ESPN article discussing it a little bit further: Link
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Just for off-season sake and due to current affairs: If you took over as the owner of the Rockets what would be your top 3 priorities/changes once you "assume office"?

1)
2)
3)
1) Stay out of Morey's way
2) Pay as much luxury tax as necessary (hey, it's not my money we're talking about here)
3) Lower ticket prices/tell all the corporations that own lower bowl seats to get people in them or get out
CFTXAG10
AG
My 3 are similar to some of the posts above....

1) Let Morey keep the same level of roster control or even increase it. Stay out of his way and let him operate as he sees fit.
2) Allow Flashseats bidding to take place all season long and into the playoffs. Have entrances to Toyota Center that are designated as FlashSeats only.
3) Do what you can about corporate seating in the lower bowl not being full. I understand it is tough during mid-week games against crappy opponents. Maybe encourage those corporations to give seats to people who will use them*

*to elaborate on this point. I wouldn't mind some kind of reward/upgrade system. Upgrade folks behind the basket or in the upper bowl if they arrive early and are in their seats prior to tip-off. Corporation A has 4 season tickets they cannot use against the Nets on a Wednesday night home game. Either sell on Flashseats and find someone who will use them, or have a system in place to notify the Rockets so they can reward/upgrade somebody already at the game.
lil99chris
AG
Bring back John Paul Stevenson!
Texaggie7nine
WWE does something similar. Basically, if your seat is in view of the main camera angles, and you aren't in your seat, a filler will sit in it.

They do it to an absurd level though. If you go to the bathroom or concessions for 10 mins during live action, most likely you will have to kick someone out of your seat.
7nine
NickNaylor
Hickory High said:

CFTXAG10 said:

1)
2)
3)
1) Stay out of Morey's way
2) Pay as much luxury tax as necessary (hey, it's not my money we're talking about here)
3) Lower ticket prices/tell all the corporations that own lower bowl seats to get people in them or get out
So this is one of those common situations where you have no money whatsoever invested or at stake, but you are the owner?
CFTXAG10
AG
It isn't a bad idea, especially for that sport. I am thinking more along the lines of filling the seats of folks who don't show up at all. I can think of so many games I have attended over the last few years where there are empty seats all over the lower bowl, but there are folks still sitting in the upper bowl and behind the baskets. Why not at least offer the opportunity to reward/upgrade. Have a place where you can "check-in" inside Toyota Center. Verify you are there with active tickets in the upper bowl, behind the basket, or SRO, and then get moved into better seats.
Texaggie7nine
CFTXAG10 said:

It isn't a bad idea, especially for that sport. I am thinking more along the lines of filling the seats of folks who don't show up at all. I can think of so many games I have attended over the last few years where there are empty seats all over the lower bowl, but there are folks still sitting in the upper bowl and behind the baskets. Why not at least offer the opportunity to reward/upgrade. Have a place where you can "check-in" inside Toyota Center. Verify you are there with active tickets in the upper bowl, behind the basket, or SRO, and then get moved into better seats.
I agree, but I don't think you can take someone's seat away when they might show up later in the game.
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
I agree. That would be a pain in the a**. Would need to work out the logistics but I think fans would love it.
Guitarsoup
AG
X% of games with your seats empty = you are not given an opportunity to renew the seats.

They scan the tickets, so keeping track of what tickets go unused should be easy. To make sure that people go in, make ushers in lower bowl scan stubs.
Frok
AG
aggie1906 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Frok said:

I'm not against the NHL, I just don't care and don't see how that would an NBA owner's priority.

Currently one of the barriers to Houston getting an NHL team is Les Alexander owns the lease which from my understanding basically prohibits any other team using the arena unless he owns them. Since the previous owner put up the barrier I would like to see the next one remove it. (Especially since the thing was built with public tax money)

Texaggie7nine
Perhaps incorporate it with an app. So that when the ticket holder has their ticket scanned, you are alerted that the seat is no longer available and you have to move.
7nine
k20dub
AG

Quote:

Wojnarowski reported on Monday that Anthony was "counting on the franchise [Knicks] to carry out its previously agreed upon mandate to trade him to the Houston Rockets" because he would prefer to play alongside James Harden and Chris Paul.
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

X% of games with your seats empty = you are not given an opportunity to renew the seats.

They scan the tickets, so keeping track of what tickets go unused should be easy. To make sure that people go in, make ushers in lower bowl scan stubs.
I like this. I would add to it that it would not count against you if you notify the Rockets through your season ticket holder account X hours before tipoff that you will not be using your ticket(s) for that game either because you did not sell them, cannot make it, etc. that way they can upgrade/reward those in attendance.
Guitarsoup
AG
Rockets could do their own flash seats type deal. They resell your tickets at the box office and you get 50% back.

So now the Rockets sold the seat to you for $200 and then sold that ticket again for $200 and you get $100 back. Rockets just got $300 for the seat that has a face value of $200 and everyone is happy. As game time approaches, they can cut the price. $150 to fill it and the seat owner gets $75. $75 more than he would have otherwise had if he just never used it.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Lol - good ideas on the ticket stuff but a little off on some points.

Rockets have a completely different business model with how they do things than a lot of teams...they would rather price 1000 tickets at $200 each and 51% be sold than 1000 tickets at $100 each and not an empty seat.

Regarding Flash, they have an 80% price floor on their tickets which is really really bad especially for midweek games. To make matters more complicated lots of people have different face amounts for the exact same SEC/ROW - so Joe can sell his $100 ticket for $80 vs the nets on a Tuesday but Sam has to price his $140 ticket at $112 (if listing for lowest possible allowed).

Regarding a different entry for Flash, probably 95% of tickets right now are flash so that wouldn't change much (big corporate accounts are still Hard if they want them and walk up sales at the box office are still hard).
Aggie09Derek
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Rockets could do their own flash seats type deal. They resell your tickets at the box office and you get 50% back.

So now the Rockets sold the seat to you for $200 and then sold that ticket again for $200 and you get $100 back. Rockets just got $300 for the seat that has a face value of $200 and everyone is happy. As game time approaches, they can cut the price. $150 to fill it and the seat owner gets $75. $75 more than he would have otherwise had if he just never used it.
They already get a cut from Flash seats for each resale. Rockets have TONS they are trying to move game by game and price those up pretty good and last thing they want is to be trying to resell other peoples tickets themselves. They would rather keep your $200 and then sell another seat next to it for $275.
Texaggie7nine
I really wish the community would catch on to selling their tickets somewhere like craigslist or clutchfans so they can go below the minimum and just do a transfer so flash seats doesn't rape you.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.