****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,186 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'' If we add Carmelo Anthony, we'll be a top-three team in the West immediately''cj McCollum.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Do they think Melo is an idiot?

CP3 + Harden > Dame + CJ
Hickory High
AG
Guitarsoup said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20106267
1. They're even further over the cap than we are, so how would that money situation work out at all?

2. Whatever they would have to give up would make them a terrible defensive team with no bench.
k20dub
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Hickory High said:

Guitarsoup said:

1. They're even further over the cap than we are, so how would that money situation work out at all?

2. Whatever they would have to give up would make them a terrible defensive team with no bench.
1. They have more young assets than Houston, which is what the Knicks want.

2. No clue, play with Trade Machine. Zach Collins, Amineu, and Harkless is about 1mm from being enough.
Buck Compton
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Hickory High said:

Guitarsoup said:

1. They have more young assets than Houston, which is what the Knicks want.

2. No clue, play with Trade Machine. Zach Collins, Amineu, and Harkless is about 1mm from being enough.
Then Melo has to waive his no-trade clause.
Frok
AG
k20dub said:

They need to adjust the font on the front of the jersey if they are going to eliminate the swoops that came down from the shoulders. It's too small.

TrillOBrien
AG
Mr.Bond said:

'' If we add Carmelo Anthony, we'll be a top-three team in the West immediately''cj McCollum.
maybe the NFC West
Guitarsoup
AG
Troy Will with a 3y deal.

CreedBratton
k20dub said:

Bring back the Clutch City unis and logo!
k20dub
AG
Wrec86 Ag
No clutch city jerseys this year. I've seen the Nike jerseys for this season and they are not too different from what we wore this past year. No grey ones this year, however.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
A Rockets Trade Could Unlock 'Team USA' Carmelo
Texan_Aggie
AG
This Melo thing is the longest game of "just the tip" I've been a part of.
Farmer1906
AG
So Kyrie wants out of Cleveland. No way Batman stays without his Robin.

Soo....

Banana Boat 2.0
NickNaylor
Texan_Aggie said:

I must have dated more Breakaway girls than you. Smart move on your part
Hickory High
AG
NickNaylor said:

Texan_Aggie said:

I must have dated more Breakaway girls than you. Smart move on your part

Damn.
Hickory High
AG
ESPN trying to float the Spurs as the favorites for Kyrie. Never mind the fact that
A. Kyrie has zero leverage in this situation
B. SA has nothing to trade for Kyrie
flashplayer
AG
One of the teams Kyrie requested was the Knicks. I think they'd rather get Irving than ship Melo to the Rox for peanuts.

This may tank Melo to H town.
Forum Troll
AG
flashplayer said:

One of the teams Kyrie requested was the Knicks. I think they'd rather get Irving than ship Melo to the Rox for peanuts.

This may tank Melo to H town.
From the Knicks perspective it makes sense. What are the Cavs going to do with Love, Anthony and Lebron though? Would seem weird to have a big 3 to be a SF/PF, another SF/PF and a PF.
Bulldog73
AG
He's saying NY should want to keep Melo to team up with Kyrie.
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't see him getting traded. He has absolutely zero leverage. And in 2 years when his contract is ip LeBron will have been gone for a year. He can be the center of attention again and get the giant extension
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Buck Compton
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I don't see him getting traded. He has absolutely zero leverage. And in 2 years when his contract is ip LeBron will have been gone for a year. He can be the center of attention again and get the giant extension
His leverage is being able to completely sidetrack the franchise, be a circus, then leave the knicks with nothing.

At a certain point, the money is negligible for a competitor. You just want to win. If I told you tomorrow that I'd increase your net worth by 30% guaranteed but you have to continue to work for a ****ty company and your next job would probably also be with a shifty company. Companies that make it awful to even wake up and go to work. Well, you could be seeing his situation. People don't naturally think of things in a $$ value but rather in how much better off they'll be (%).
Mr.Bond
AG
The franchise is already a circus at this point And will be next summer as well. Kyries focus isn't winning, it's being the focal point. Brian Windhorst said as much as

Ryan34
AG
Cleveland has been to 3 straight finals and would be throwing any chance at keeping LeBron if they jeopardize that streak. Kyrie might get traded if LeBron leaves but don't think it'll happen this off-season.
rvk246
AG
Kyrie apparently wants to go to NY and melo wants either us or Cleveland. Could result in a melo-for-Kyrie swap.
Mr.Bond
AG
As stated before makes absolutely no sense for Cleveland

ATM9000
AG
I think Kyrie sees the writing on the wall of Lebron leaving and knows Dan Gilbert runs a gong show of a franchise and just sees this as the time to leave and those 4 destinations as all realistic places where he could go and be on a competitive team for a long time.
rvk246
AG
They're not just gonna waste another great year from lebron. They have to get him more talent regardless of the fit. Plus he and melo know each other.
Mr.Bond
AG
rvk246 said:

They're not just gonna waste another great year from lebron. They have to get him more talent regardless of the fit. Plus he and melo know each other.

Obviously they know each other. Point it another year with kyrie is a much better opportunity for LeBron vs having Melo and no PG at all

rvk246
AG
Yeah I agree with that so they may need to move lebron to full time point guard. Hopefully they trade Kyrie anywhere but ny and SA. Would give us complete control over the melo situation.
flashplayer
AG
I meant the Knicks would try Melo for Kyrie. I don't know that the Cavs would take that deal though.
k20dub
AG
Farmer1906
AG
This is pretty much a wasted year for Lebron with Kyrie being like this. The only way I could see it working out is if maybe Boston would trade IT.
rvk246
AG
Melo doesn't have to stay in Cleveland though after this season. He has a player option for the second year so he can still follow bron. Happy that he still wants Houston though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.