****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

163,931 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just thinking out loud here, Ryno could be in a lose-lose situation this year. If he plays poorly, then Morey really shops him with husband contract being much more friendly by mid-season. If he plays well, then his trade value increases.
Farmer1906
AG
I've mentioned this before. Because of our offense, Ryno is more valuable to us than he is to most teams. He's not going to bring back a chip more valuable than himself. The only reason we were in consideration for getting Melo for him was that Melo was forcing his way out and he could make the contracts work.
Guitarsoup
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I've mentioned this before. Because of our offense, Ryno is more valuable to us than he is to most teams. He's not going to bring back a chip more valuable than himself. The only reason we were in consideration for getting Melo for him was that Melo was forcing his way out and he could make the contracts work.
Exactly this. Ryno isn't that valuable to most teams. He fits Moreyball/MDA perfectly. Great shooter, but for his size, not a great rebounder or defender.

20% of the cap is a lot to pay to a one dimensional player. But as the Rockets are constructed with JH/CP/CC - he fits his role perfectly.
CactusThomas
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Kanter is one of those guys that would be great on a bad team. .... If you are trying to tank, he will fill up a stat sheet and make it look like you are trying to win.

I don't disagree but that's hilarious.
Farmer1906
AG
CactusThomas said:

Guitarsoup said:

Kanter is one of those guys that would be great on a bad team. .... If you are trying to tank, he will fill up a stat sheet and make it look like you are trying to win.

I don't disagree but that's hilarious.
It is a fair point but he ain't ever averaging 28 ppg. He played 31+ in OKC for 1/3 of a year and didn't sniff 20.
Guitarsoup
AG
Playing with Durant and Russ..

Put him on a 25 win team and see what happens
Mr.Bond
AG
Russell signs massive extension to stay in Okc. I'm honestly shocked he's staying in that market
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Russell signs massive extension to stay in Okc. I'm honestly shocked he's staying in that market
41 M a year will do that. He's the star of the show there.
k20dub
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Bond said:

41 M a year will do that. He's the star of the show there.

He's also had all summer to sign. I guess the recent additions showed him they're willing to add talent. Or maybe he really hated Kanter.
TrillOBrien
AG
Westbrook signed the largest contract extension in NBA history on....Kevin Durant's birthday.
WES2006AG
AG
First pr season game vs the Thunder tonight.
rvk246
AG
Someone should start the season thread
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

Someone should start the season thread
that's a big job

I feel like such a person should be selected by its constituents.
k20dub
AG
Holy hell we look good
Texaggie7nine
Daddy like
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.