****OFFICIAL ROCKETS 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD****

165,115 Views | 1308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
04.arch.ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good for OKC. But can we get some super stars going to the east every once in a while.
Texags is garbage
Obviously anything can happen and I could be totally proven wrong, but a PG/Russ combo doesn't scare me in the slightest. I do have to give props to OKC for at least trying to make something happen after KD's devastating departure. I admire these proactive GMs making an effort to chase Golden State.

Admittedly had OKC pegged as a team/city that would blame Durant for their troubles for the next decade.

I'm not well versed in how NBA players are rated, but I've always felt like PG has been in that Tier 2 category.
Ryan34
AG
Dan Scott said:

That's nothing for PG. no way he stays in OKC after this year
Agreed. Maybe OKC is throwing in a 2019 draft pick (year after PG13 most likely leaves, and maybe Russ too).

Edit: Nope. No picks. Wtf is Indy thinking?
ATM9000
AG
i dunno... if you look at how the pacers have tended to transact over the years, they don't ever really make moves for draft goodies or deal in expiring contracts and cap games of that type. Guess is their owner just doesn't like those things... probably why this Thunder deal just went down and I wouldn't be surprised if this was it if Paul George won't commit anywhere after this season.

I also think the league thinks Paul George isn't near as good as fans think he is.
Guitarsoup
AG

k20dub
AG
Good deal with Nene.
Texags is garbage
I can't state enough how fascinating NBA free agency is. Rarely chime in on professional sports on TexAgs, but this is too much fun.
CFTXAG10
AG
Almost assures that Nene will retire a Rocket and I love it

WES2006AG
AG
Glad we could get Nene taken care of. He carried us at times in the playoffs.
shano0603
AG
4 years for Nene? He's gonna play for that long?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Probably not but he can retire whenever he wants. Good rate for him.
Olsen
AG
BullSprig07
AG
04.arch.ag
AG
Can we bring in Iggy and ship out Gordon and Contract year Ariza for Carmelo since the Knicks have no interest in Anderson.
TrillOBrien
AG
04.arch.ag said:

Can we bring in Iggy and ship out Gordon and Contract year Ariza for Carmelo since the Knicks have no interest in Anderson.
I'll take the reigning 6th man of the year off the bench over Melo, who has already had issues with our reigning Coach of the year when he was in New York, is 33 years old, and is continuing to decline each year.
Olsen
AG
Rockets, 7-foot-2 Zhou Qi agree to multi-year contract - Adrian Wojnarowski; No. 43 pick in 2016 draft (ESPN)

k20dub
AG
The deal with Nene fell through?! How did Morey not know this already?!
TrillOBrien
AG
Is Sergio Llull ever going to come over from Europe?
04.arch.ag
AG
Well if you don't think iggy and melo are better combo than ariza and Gordon I don't know what to say. Gordon was good this past year but was also the only time he hasn't had significant time out for injury. The current squad isn't beating the warriors so taking a chance on an aging superstar scorer is worth it in my opinion. Also the other half of the banana boat can join in 2018.
SuperAg05
AG
k20dub said:

Stupid rule that you cant give a 4 yr deal to a player who turns 39 before it ends. Nene literally misses the cutoff by 18 days. You'd think they could get a waiver. Who knows. They'll sort something out...
WES2006AG
AG
SuperAg05 said:

k20dub said:

Stupid rule that you cant give a 4 yr deal to a player who turns 39 before it ends. Nene literally misses the cutoff by 18 days. You'd think they could get a waiver. Who knows. They'll sort something out...
So it was the league and not Nene who killed the deal?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yes. He wants to stay with Rockets and definitely will.
Mr.Bond
AG
Yes
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

WES2006AG
AG
That's good news. Was a little worried that the alert said the deal was off.
Head Ninja In Charge
Olsen
AG
Iggy really liked the Rockets meeting so much that he cancelled the rest of his other scheduled meetings.
k20dub
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Iggy really liked the Rockets meeting so much that he cancelled the rest of his other scheduled meetings.

Sounds like its us or the dubs. We need another role player so fingers crossed.
lil99chris
AG
Gotta be honest.....Iguodola and Paul have annoyed me quite a bit when they faced the Rockets in the playoffs.
Olsen
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
k20dub
AG
Not sure how I feel about Shumpert...looks like Warriors are going to offer Iggy a 3 year 45 mil contract. Assuming that's more than we could offer.
Guitarsoup
AG
k20dub said:

Not sure how I feel about Shumpert...looks like Warriors are going to offer Iggy a 3 year 45 mil contract. Assuming that's more than we could offer.

That's more than anyone should offer. Iggy likely used the Spurs and Rockets to get more money from the Warriors
WES2006AG
AG
Guitarsoup said:

k20dub said:

That's more than anyone should offer. Iggy likely used the Spurs and Rockets to get more money from the Warriors

I have very little knowledge when it comes to the NBA salary cap but it surprises me that they could afford to give him $15 mil a year.
gibbs2016
k20dub said:

Can someone explain to me how in the hell GS can offord all these damn contracts? **** is ridiculous
Pumpkinhead
AG
gibbs2016 said:

k20dub said:

Can someone explain to me how in the hell GS can offord all these damn contracts? **** is ridiculous

The Warriors were worth $450 million when their current owner Jacobs bought the team 7 years ago in 2010.

Now a recent valuation of the Warriors valued them at $2.6 billion.

Apparently Warriors initial offer was only 2 years. Iggy went out and got a better offer from Rockets so the Warriors had to up the deal to 3 years to keep him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.