***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,951 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I wish it was cold outside
AggieChemist
AG
I'm in St. Denis... and it sucks. I hate cities, and I especially hate the city juxtaposed into this game. How long does this chapter of the game stretch on, because my enthusiasm has waned BIG TIME.
thaed137
AG
There will be several stories associated with the big city but its no where near the majority of it. Your attitude is kind of a central theme of the game.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I finished it and have started over. Am now spending way more time exploring and doing side missions and challenges.

I have so far found the RDR2 equivalent of Mt. Rushmore, and met a one legged guy who gave me a special fishing lure, which I used to catch a giant effing muskie. Also, at some point along the way, I found a treasure map that provides the locations of all the legendary animals. Arthur's wardrobe is all pimped out now, after I killed some stuff, took it to the trapper, and had him craft me some new outfits, hats, coats, and such as.
Humorous Username
AG
Posting this here, well in advance of (hopefully) Undead Nightmare 2.

Dro07
AG
Has anyone seen Gavin? Gavin? He used to post here a long time ago!
TonsterPS
AG
English bloke - have you seen him? Gav? GAVIIIIN?!
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username
AG
AG @ HEART
Humorous Username said:

As she puts it the odriscolls "made her the way she is now is"
Humorous Username
AG
A belated

Happy

's

Day

to everyone
Prime0882
AG
AZAG08 said:

Took advantage of the cold weather and stayed in and made it to the epilogue wow
I've recently done this myself after a few weekends of crappy weather... lo' and behold we've got another weekend of cold, wet weather and I may finally finish up the last half of the epilogue.

Looking forward to actually being able to google all the links between the ending of this game and the next after this without spoiling anything for myself!

Like some of y'all said in this thread - once I hit Saint Denis I felt pretty deflated from wanting to continue. Finally got through that part and chapters 5 and 6 are very much worth it... been an excellent story overall.
phillyag92
AG
Love this game. Just got to epilogue. Sad to see Arthur go.

How can I go back and hunt remaining legendary animals? Is that possible with John?
BenFiasco14
AG
Yes, you can do all of that in the Epilogue. You'll see that the quests carry over and that John now has Arthur's old journal and begins writing in it himself. It's interesting to see because their handwriting is way different, as well as artistic ability, ha.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I just can't bring myself to finish this game. I try logging in but I'm so depressed about how crappy the multiplayer was I just quit. And then all these other games have come out and I just haven't looked back. I wished they would have just kept the original formula. I don't give a crap about feeding my dadgum horse or shaving my beard. They wasted development time and should have applied it to mult-player. If they come out with an undead version then I'll come back to the game full fledged. Otherwise it's gonna be hard to get my attention again.
Humorous Username
AG
Still playing. I don't have time for multi-player games, and this is one of the most immersive single-player environments I've played.

While I've been hoping that Undead Nightmare 2 comes out by August/September, it would be nice to see a small or midsize DLC for single-player come out in April/May to give the game a shot in the arm.
ac04
i was disappointed in the multiplayer, but not a huge deal for me because i prefer single player anyway. after finishing it i can say it is the best single player game i've ever played.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wait, is Undead Nightmare 2 a confirmed thing?
Humorous Username
AG
Not that I've seen. I've honestly seen more evidence against UN2 even being made, which is highly disappointing.

I'm taking the "hope for the best approach", thinking that SURELY Rockstar knows how many people will lay down money for it.
BenFiasco14
AG
Humorous Username said:

Not that I've seen. I've honestly seen more evidence against UN2 even being made, which is highly disappointing.

I'm taking the "hope for the best approach", thinking that SURELY Rockstar knows how many people will lay down money for it.
Ah, gotcha. There WILL be some sort of expansion I'm sure. Whether it's fantasy-ish like UN remains to be seen but we'll get something eventually... at least I hope! Lol
Prime0882
AG
My hope, which is a giant longshot I am sure, would be for a RDR1 remake within RDR2.

New Austin is already in the game and is pretty dead within the single player portion of the game and supposedly people have datamined that Mexico may be there as well
Dro07
AG
JRC0811 said:

My hope, which is a giant longshot I am sure, would be for a RDR1 remake within RDR2.

New Austin is already in the game and is pretty dead within the single player portion of the game and supposedly people have datamined that Mexico may be there as well
That would be EPIC...
AZAG08
AG
dromo07 said:

JRC0811 said:

That would be EPIC...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, so I'm at 99% on the story mode (I've spent waaayyy too much time just exploring as I've been playing since the day the game came out) and I've come to one big conclusion:

There are no moose in the game. They are an urban legend.
AZAG08
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Okay, so I'm at 99% on the story mode (I've spent waaayyy too much time just exploring as I've been playing since the day the game came out) and I've come to one big conclusion:

I've seen one, by accident, while in the middle of doing something else -- was never able to find one again
Bregxit
AG
AZAG08 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

I've seen one, by accident, while in the middle of doing something else -- was never able to find one again
One area they hang out in is up by the snowy lake area where you get the white Arabian horse.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
dlance said:

AZAG08 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

One area they hang out in is up by the snowy lake area where you get the white Arabian horse.

I've ventured over there a dozen times just to hunt one and have never seen one. I also can't catch that damn legendary fish there, either.
Bregxit
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

dlance said:

AZAG08 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

I've ventured over there a dozen times just to hunt one and have never seen one. I also can't catch that damn legendary fish there, either.

The fish was a major pain in the butt. I must have fought and caught 50-60 muskies before catching the legendary fish.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I got mowed over by an evil one...
BusterAg
AG
I had a random one blindside me up by the big waterfall in the very nw corner.

Just minding my business fishing, and, blam, blindside from off the screen.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
OriolePete
Just picked up this game. I'm afraid to try online mode without a posse lol who can show me the ropes on ps4? PSN BigPete3281
Humorous Username
AG
Just passing the time until some DLC comes out.

Humorous Username
AG

Damn you, imgur.
Spotted Ag
AG
Late to the game. Finally started playing this a few days ago. I had to make myself play through chapter 1. The symbols on the map are so damn small. Basically, it definitely takes a while to get used to the controls.

However, I just reached the point of getting my first new horse last night. Named her Wreck. Killed the legandary grizzly bear after that ***** Hosea left.

What really pisses me off is getting accused of a crime after riding up on a dead body and investigating and someone sees me and immediately tells the cops it was me that killed them.

Oh and some drunk ******* stumbled out of the saloon in Valentine and ran into my horse. Then he chased me down, pulled me off my horse, and started beating my ass, so I shot him in self-defense and got a big bounty put out on me. Such is life, I guess.
AGinHI
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Late to the game. Finally started playing this a few days ago. I had to make myself play through chapter 1. The symbols on the map are so damn small. Basically, it definitely takes a while to get used to the controls.

However, I just reached the point of getting my first new horse last night. Named her Wreck. Killed the legandary grizzly bear after that ***** Hosea left.

What really pisses me off is getting accused of a crime after riding up on a dead body and investigating and someone sees me and immediately tells the cops it was me that killed them.

Oh and some drunk ******* stumbled out of the saloon in Valentine and ran into my horse. Then he chased me down, pulled me off my horse, and started beating my ass, so I shot him in self-defense and got a big bounty put out on me. Such is life, I guess.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.