***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,722 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Spotted Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, so last night I'm riding around St. Denis and some lady calls me over and starts talking to me about doing something for veterans. I'm patiently listening when what do I do? I hit the wrong button and blew her off her stool and into pieces with my sawed off shotgun. DAMMIT!!!! Barely made it out. Lost a horse I stole and was going to sell and barely made it out with my main horse (Crash, an American Standardbred, whom I captured in the wild and have had a while). Now I've got a $60 bounty on me
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Prime0882
AG
When will the soundtrack be released. Supposedly it's still slated for "spring 2019."
ironmanag
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Yeah, so last night I'm riding around St. Denis and some lady calls me over and starts talking to me about doing something for veterans. I'm patiently listening when what do I do? I hit the wrong button and blew her off her stool and into pieces with my sawed off shotgun. DAMMIT!!!! Barely made it out. Lost a horse I stole and was going to sell and barely made it out with my main horse (Crash, an American Standardbred, whom I captured in the wild and have had a while). Now I've got a $60 bounty on me
Happened to all of us. I hate it when I freaking superman punch my horse.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Joe Cole
I just started my RDR2 adventure, I am still in chapter 2 and only just now exploring things.

How did you guys handle the Autosave feature? I get paranoid trying to have an extra "save" in case something goes wrong because I'm worried I'm going to miss something that I can't go back to. I don't like how there isn't a little icon popping up telling me when it's autosaving.

It would be nice if they allowed you to rename the save files because if you haven't started another big mission, they will all be named the same name with different %

It just worries me sometimes when you reload a save and then it will give you the warnings on making this new game the autosave etc

IJones23
They're never going to release any dlc for this game. I waited, and waited, and waited for them to release something for gta5, and nothing. You always heard "rumors" about the original voice actors back in the studio, but alas, nothing.
Prime0882
AG
FYI for those who enjoyed the music in the game - the Original Score was released just recently and a lot of the tracks with vocals (Unshaken being the popular one) was released last month.
Spotted Ag
AG
Joe Cole said:

I just started my RDR2 adventure, I am still in chapter 2 and only just now exploring things.

How did you guys handle the Autosave feature? I get paranoid trying to have an extra "save" in case something goes wrong because I'm worried I'm going to miss something that I can't go back to. I don't like how there isn't a little icon popping up telling me when it's autosaving.

It would be nice if they allowed you to rename the save files because if you haven't started another big mission, they will all be named the same name with different %

It just worries me sometimes when you reload a save and then it will give you the warnings on making this new game the autosave etc

I do not like the save process on this game at all. I have tried multiple times to save a new game and I I stil end up screwing up somehow.

On another note. My white Arabian, Osama, was killed by bounty hunters. I didn't even have a bounty on me. They just rode up and started shooting. I have gone back 3 times and captured another Arabian only to have it die EVERY time before I get all the way down the mountain. Be it wolves, or running from wolves and falling off a cliff or the last time it tripped over a log and just died.

So aggravating.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Joe Cole said:

I do not like the save process on this game at all. I have tried multiple times to save a new game and I I stil end up screwing up somehow.

On another note. My white Arabian, Osama, was killed by bounty hunters. I didn't even have a bounty on me. They just rode up and started shooting. I have gone back 3 times and captured another Arabian only to have it die EVERY time before I get all the way down the mountain. Be it wolves, or running from wolves and falling off a cliff or the last time it tripped over a log and just died.

So aggravating.
I was 100% done with the story and was just going around as Marston finishing up side stories when I decided to go ahead and start a brand new game.

I saved my first game into 2 different slots because I was paranoid about losing that progress.

I'm now over halfway through my second round and just yesterday wanted to load up and play as Marston for a little while.

Those game saves were gone.

I am pissed off at how unbelievably bad the Autosave and saving system is on this game.
BenFiasco14
AG
So does anyone think we're ever gonna get any single player DLC for this game?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Prime0882
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

So does anyone think we're ever gonna get any single player DLC for this game?
I got suckered into hoping the rumor of a RDR1 remake was in the works and that the RDR2 DLC would be an aliens themed thing instead of an Undead Nightmare part 2. Sucked to learn it was someone just wanting to do an internet experiment.

I really don't know... my main hope has always been a RDR1 remake/remaster to come to PS4 or PC. Red Dead Online doesn't sound to be as fruitful as GTA's online mode, but the fact the game has been out for over a year and we've not yet heard anything about single player DLC doesn't have my hopes very high.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Was hoping there would be some hope of undead on this page.
superunknown
AG
Finally started this game a week or so...its blowing me away so far.

Also, the voice/mo-cap actor for Dutch did an AMA on Reddit today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/cytbkf/i_am_benjamin_byron_davis_the_actor_who_plays
Joe Cole
I was enjoying the game but spending too much time on side missions and grinding challenges. The game started getting really boring for me and I was tired of it so I went 100% on just doing main story and appealing side missions. I have been blown away with how long the game is. I am now to epilogue part 2, but I'm really ready for it to end. I am so beaten down with riding my horse.

overall the missions in this game just haven't been that fun and it's kind of been a disappointment to me.
MGS
Bump

Coming to Xbox Game Pass on May 7
Aggietaco
AG
Decided I would finally give this game a play since it's on game pass, but can't make it 30 seconds into the first horse ride before my xboner x shuts off and I get the temp warning on boot. Anyone else ran into that? No issues with BFV and I have a cabinet fan in my media console.
Aggietaco
AG
Never mind, it's off Game Pass now.
Wildmen03
AG
Aggietaco said:

Decided I would finally give this game a play since it's on game pass, but can't make it 30 seconds into the first horse ride before my xboner x shuts off and I get the temp warning on boot. Anyone else ran into that? No issues with BFV and I have a cabinet fan in my media console.
Have you blown out your Xbox lately? It's a dust hog. Also depending on how old it is I've heard of people pulling the processor and reapplying better thermal paste to help.

I also used to keep my Xbox inside my media console (with a fan) but it still overheated. I took it out and put it on top and never had a problem again.
Aggietaco
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Aggietaco said:

Have you blown out your Xbox lately? It's a dust hog. Also depending on how old it is I've heard of people pulling the processor and reapplying better thermal paste to help.

I also used to keep my Xbox inside my media console (with a fan) but it still overheated. I took it out and put it on top and never had a problem again.
I have not. Meant to grab a can of air Monday and failed, but no issues with any other games. I'll do that soon, thanks.

FYI, my console is open on the front and the xbox has 4" clear on the sides, 10" clear on top, and 8" clear on back. Fan is mounted in the back, obviously. Built the cabinet specifically to make sure the xbox would have room to breath.
Wildmen03
AG
Aggietaco said:

Wildmen03 said:

Aggietaco said:

I have not. Meant to grab a can of air Monday and failed, but no issues with any other games. I'll do that soon, thanks.

FYI, my console is open on the front and the xbox has 4" clear on the sides, 10" clear on top, and 8" clear on back. Fan is mounted in the back, obviously. Built the cabinet specifically to make sure the xbox would have room to breath.
Ah, fair enough. I was thinking it was enclosed. That's how mine is and I had to install airflow fans since my amp and satellite receiver were cooking even without my xbox on in there.

I'm curious how much the compressed air will help. I blow mine out regularly and it's been great.
Aggietaco
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Aggietaco said:

Wildmen03 said:

Aggietaco said:

Ah, fair enough. I was thinking it was enclosed. That's how mine is and I had to install airflow fans since my amp and satellite receiver were cooking even without my xbox on in there.

I'm curious how much the compressed air will help. I blow mine out regularly and it's been great.
Aired it out last and didn't notice much dust, but I was also outside without much light. Bad part is I can't test RDR2 since they pulled it from game pass. I'll be interested to see if BFV runs without full fan the next time I boot that up. Thanks again for the tips.
Matt_ag98
Joe Cole said:

I was enjoying the game but spending too much time on side missions and grinding challenges. The game started getting really boring for me and I was tired of it so I went 100% on just doing main story and appealing side missions. I have been blown away with how long the game is. I am now to epilogue part 2, but I'm really ready for it to end. I am so beaten down with riding my horse.

overall the missions in this game just haven't been that fun and it's kind of been a disappointment to me.

Man you think RDR2 is bad don't bother getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey, was fun at first but turned into a super-grind to try and finish
n_touch
I still have not been able to finish this game. Playing games like Tomb Raider, Fallout, and the Last of Us make the controls in just seem so clunky. Its hard to get into it to finish every time I start.
Spotted Ag
AG
Matt_ag98 said:

Joe Cole said:

Man you think RDR2 is bad don't bother getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey, was fun at first but turned into a super-grind to try and finish
VERY long game. Was relieved when I finished it. I somehow screwed up and never made it inside of Atlantis. Killing Medusa almost made me turn it off.
DallasTeleAg
RDR2 was one of those games I really wanted to love. I thought it was absolutely beautiful, but never really did it for me.

I had to come back to it a few times, after taking breaks, to finish the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.