***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,985 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Bones08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This week is going so slow...
5 Star Bag man
AG
Hopefully it still looks clean w the original XB1 bc broke college student...
MaroonBloodedAg2010
Gamestop is giving $100 off new systems when you buy RDR2 from 10/25 to 11/3. I've been putting off upgrading from my PS3, but with this game in finally upgrading to Xbox One X.
AZAG08
AG
MaroonBloodedAg2010 said:

Gamestop is giving $100 off new systems when you buy RDR2 from 10/25 to 11/3. I've been putting off upgrading from my PS3, but with this game in finally upgrading to Xbox One X.
Thanks for the heads up -- this is the kind of deal I was waiting on to pull the trigger
Humorous Username
AG
AZAG08 said:

Thanks for the heads up -- this is the kind of deal I was waiting on to pull the trigger

superunknown
AG

This an ad or coupon or what?
MaroonBloodedAg2010
As far as i know you just get $100 off when you buy both. No coupons or anything. According to the employee at the College Station Gamestop, if you don't have a copy of the game reserved already you might not get it before the discount ends.
n_touch
Sucks its only for XBox. Been contemplating upgrading to a PS4 pro. I still may since I need a new larger hard drive. Brings it close to cost if I trade in my older ps4.
AZAG08
AG
superunknown said:

This an ad or coupon or what?
They have an ad on the website for it -- I tried to go through it but its not showing the discount. I guess you have to wait until the 25th
Pman17
AG
Too many games on pre-order for Switch and Xbox, but I went ahead and pre-ordered the Standard edition. Don't see why I need to pay $20 for extra content when there's 3 times more content than RDR1. Glad I didn't get Blops 4, rented it instead to find it's just multiplayer with hard to get achievements. I'm excited to play this on my X and 4K TV! Forza 4 looked so real in HDR.
Prime0882
AG
It shipped! Can't think of the last game I've been excited for since Witcher 3
phillyag92
AG
Just saw on tech crunch you'll be able to use a companion app on your phone or tablet as your in-game Map.

Post removed:
by user
irock2513
AG
Preloaded and ready to party! Can't wait
jr15aggie
AG
Here is the digital foundry take on the game. Short version, all consoles look impressive. Nobody will be in their living room comparing side by side so who cares. But if you are on a base Xbox One or PS4 I wouldn't watch the video because you will see what you are missing.

The fanboy takeaway is the Xbox One X is a friggin rockstar here (no pun intended). Native 4K, better textures/assets/everything, and the best framerate which is locked at 30 almost all of the time. Usually I can't see much difference watching these comparison videos on a PC monitor, but this one was very noticeable. The X was noticeably better looking than even the Pro, which is surprising given PS4 appears to have been the base console.

But all in all it is a great looking game regardless so we should all be very happy. Really impressive how much effort they put into the base game and then the upgrades for the Pro & the X.

EDIT:

Here is their 1st video that focuses more on the tech than the side by side console comparison. Very impressive stuff here!

Scotty Flamingo
Getting stellar reviews so far
boy09
AG
Preordered and downloaded last night. Had to do a little housekeeping to make room for the 93gb download...
AZAG08
AG

The $100 off deal is now up on the website....looks like its time for me to order
jr15aggie
AG
Just got "permission" from the Mrs. to have a game night tonight. Should be able to wrap up RE 7 and then see how long I want to stay up playing Red Dead tonight!

Question... does the game unlock at 11 PM (Midnight Eastern Time)???
k20dub
AG
jr15aggie said:

Just got "permission" from the Mrs. to have a game night tonight. Should be able to wrap up RE 7 and then see how long I want to stay up playing Red Dead tonight!

In the old days, I'd make fun of you. Now, I'm in the same boat. Adulting
E
AG
AZAG08 said:

The $100 off deal is now up on the website....looks like its time for me to order

So what is the total come do with the $100 off?

Is it the $459 bundle less $100, or the $459 is the total.
AZAG08
AG
Looks like $459 total
jtstanley4621
AG
Ordered it off Amazon since I generally download my games and it would have taken a lot of manuvering to make room for the download. Should be here tomorrow.

It's gonna be a struggle to get through work tomorrow.
ac04
taking the day off and it is going to be glorious
HossAg
AG
Told myself I wouldn't pre order and did it anyway this morning. Gonna stay up way too late playing this.
AliasMan02
AG
My preorder is ready at GameStop tonight. I guess I can still get the One X bundle deal if I've already pre-ordered? Will plan to trade in the OG One and upgrade.
HossAg
AG
Might want to call and ask just to be sure
Bones08
AG
jr15aggie said:

For the digital version, this is correct. 11PM Central. Though make sure you have it pre-loaded (downloaded) already. I believe there is a day 1 patch that is around 3.5 gb as well, but shouldn't be mandatory if your internet speeds are lacking.

For the physical version it is whenever you get a copy of game. Though the game is 2 discs and requires a pretty lengthy installation prior to playing. Most reports have it taking between 90 minutes to 2 hours to complete the install.
jr15aggie
AG
Bones08 said:

jr15aggie said:

For the digital version, this is correct. 11PM Central. Though make sure you have it pre-loaded (downloaded) already. I believe there is a day 1 patch that is around 3.5 gb as well, but shouldn't be mandatory if your internet speeds are lacking.

For the physical version it is whenever you get a copy of game. Though the game is 2 discs and requires a pretty lengthy installation prior to playing. Most reports have it taking between 90 minutes to 2 hours to complete the install.
Yeah I pre-ordered and pre-installed. It's ready to go. Didn't think about a day 1 patch. My internet is pretty quick so even if I can't pre-load the patch it shouldn't be a huge deal.

And wow on the disc install time. I've been all digital for about 3 years now and the games did take a bit to install from disc. I can see a 2 disc game like this taking a long time!
Bobby Jimbo
AG
n_touch said:

Sucks its only for XBox. Been contemplating upgrading to a PS4 pro. I still may since I need a new larger hard drive. Brings it close to cost if I trade in my older ps4.
You may just want to buy an external drive for now. You will need it anyway when you transfer your save files if you end up getting a PS4.

This is the one I got:
https://www.amazon.com/2TB-Passport-Game-Storage-WDBZGE0020BBK-NESN/dp/B076KVHQTR/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1540486573&sr=8-4&keywords=ps4+drive#customerReviews
jokershady
AG
Tick tock tick tock tick tock
byfLuger41
AG
Group 1
Position 1

Hurry up 9:00PM!
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
jokershady
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Group 1
Position 1

Hurry up 9:00PM!
wait...what am I missing? What's this group / position speak?

WHAT SAY YOU?!?!?!?!
InnerCityAg
Is it 9:00 for disk, and 11:00 for digital start?
byfLuger41
AG

Those who had a pre-order could go to their respective GS starting at 3PM today and get their group and position for the pickup at 9PM this evening.

I dropped in around 2:50 and snagged group 1, position 1 for the 9PM release.

Doubt I'll be able to play until midnight, but I can at least get my ultimate edition and start the DL. Hoping it goes quickly since I have gig speed.

Fingers crossed. HTH
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.