***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,963 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Houag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arthur
phillyag92
AG
My horse got stuck in between 2 trees during a race. Had to walk to the road and whistle until he finally freed himself. Lost race.
Scotty Flamingo
Agreed. Arthur's redemption story was better IMO.

Marston is a great character too though.

I was much more sad when Arthur died.
Racer X
AG
ok this is is driving me nuts. I'm looting a chest but I've maxed out on a particular item. How do I get access to other items in the chest? How do I cycle through them? (Ps4)
Geralt of Rivia
S
If anybody here is going to be getting a posse started let me know. I just started Red Dead Online tonight, and I hope to play it semi regularly
BenFiasco14
AG
Just got to Chapter 6 last night finally and good grief, (Chapter 6 story spoilers) tuberculosis, huh. Not gonna lie, that garnered some feels from me. I was hoping Arthur's story would end with him running away with Mary, but I guess that's just too happy of an ending huh. Has a game ever killed off the main protagonist with a terminal illness before?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jokershady
AG
Looking forward to the online stuff! Anyone gotten on yet?
TonsterPS
AG
I'm still in Chapter 4, but loving the story. With the recent update, it looks to me like the graphics got even better.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Why does the damn mule run away after i steal him? I have a rose bay Arabian that I picked up in Saint Denis but that damn mule is funny to ride around on,
Geralt of Rivia
S
jokershady said:

I've played online for about an hour each of the past 2 nights. I'm not typically an online gamer, so it is interesting to me. You get randomly paired with a few other players whenever you do missions, which has worked out pretty well so far.
BenFiasco14
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

jokershady said:

I've played online for about an hour each of the past 2 nights. I'm not typically an online gamer, so it is interesting to me. You get randomly paired with a few other players whenever you do missions, which has worked out pretty well so far.
So is it just like GTA V online (of which I wasn't a fan at all)?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I can't compare. I never played GTA V online
Thunder18
AG
It's rockstar, it's going to be similar to GTA5 online...so far there hasn't been too many overpowered ********s running around causing chaos but eventually it will get to that point. Posseing up is really fun though and allows more protection than riding around solo
StrykerAg
AG
Played online for the first time tonight. Can't stable wild or stolen horses? When I try with wild horses it says they are not allowed in the stable and when I try with stolen horses it says I cannot sell illegally owned horses.
Thunder18
AG
Yep. Seems like almost all upgrades in online are unlockable through level progression
ac04
played online for the first time today as well. as far as i can tell, "free roam" is code for "infinite strangers murder your ass off for no reason"
Geralt of Rivia
S
ac04 said:

played online for the first time today as well. as far as i can tell, "free roam" is code for "infinite strangers murder your ass off for no reason"

This is why I stay as far away from people as I can. Haven't been murdered yet *knock on wood*
Sq1dvm
AG
Do you have to talk to people online? I hate voice stuff, on of the things I liked about Monsters Hunter World online was not having strangers screaming through my TV.
Broba Fett
Just made a black online character named Dindu Nuffin
StrykerAg
AG
Some dude lassoed my IRL sister off her horse and I f'd him up. But yeah, the shenanigans seemingly force people to posse up
jokershady
AG
So who's making the posse's for Texags?

I just made Mr. Dimples last night and am at level 4

Tried making Tits McGee but that wouldn't get past the filter
Geralt of Rivia
S
I tried making Johnny Manziel but that didn't make it past the filter
Thunder18
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I tried making Johnny Manziel but that didn't make it past the filter

I almost made a Geralt of Rivia character. My horse is named Roach
Geralt of Rivia
S
My horse is named Roach, also.
E
AG
Anyone know how to start a posse?

I started a new character named Pillow Pants and he wants to be part of the TexAgs posse.

My gamertag is LOOK ITS E
Gomer95
AG
So far except for a handful of times, I haven't hunted much yet so I want to go hunting for a bit so is now as good a time as any story wise? I'm early in chapter 4 so is there a better time to hunt than later or is it just when you feel like it? I just didn't want to all of a sudden have 3 or 4 missions happen in succession like at the end of chapter 3. And should I do legendary animals first or just normal animals for the 3 * pelts? Which is for more necessary items I need and not just outfits or decorating the camp?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Go for the legendary Buck if you can, and have the Fence craft the legendary buck trinket.

In my first play through, I would go hunting whenever I found myself near a legendary animal or whenever I had a long ride back to camp. I didn't have much luck getting 3* pelts until later in the game, but the legendary buck trinket should help with that
zip04
AG
I went to Rhodes to track down a shipment of moonshine, bumped into two escaped convicts who were arguing and needed my help to remove their posters from town. I removed 4 of the 5 and then bumped into some Raiders who started shooting at me. I shot and killed all of them, then had to flee on foot because I didn't have a horse. By the time I made it to safety, I had killed about 20 people and had a bounty of $375.

I'll have to go back and see if they are still there for me to pull the 5th sign.
Gomer95
AG
Actually one of the few hunting trips I've done was the legendary buck and I already got that trinket. I also did the legendary bear and I shot a random deer and a gator but that's literally it. Do I take all the legendary animals to a trapper and the other animals to Pearson in camp?
Geralt of Rivia
S
All legendary animals have a trinket that the Fence can make, and then take the legendary pelt to the trapper.

Other perfect pelts should go to either the trapper or Pearson, depending on what you are wanting to craft
Gomer95
AG
Ok thanks so much!
ac04
a lurker friend of mine started a posse called TexAgs last night. right now it's just he and i and we are holding a spot for his BIL so we have 4 spots left. post or DM your gamertag if you'd like an invite.
IJones23
I'd like to join, but I work nights.
tlepoC
AG
TexasAg
Sq1dvm
AG
Named my horse Hoof Hearted (say it out loud, the joke is juvenile, but so am I)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.