***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

96,035 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried bait and it didn't do jack squat. Ive been basically camping out in Big Valley where they apparently spawn in the morning and hoping I can find it before some NPC does and kills them right in front of me (happened last night)
MW03
AG
Enjoy: Shutdown Fullcast: The Red Dead Redemption Edition
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
Play poker and fish in 1st person, btw.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
CastleRock said:

Accidentally graze L1 or R2 while talking to or interacting with someone? Congrats, you're now wanted and have a huge bounty to pay.
Had this happen to me so many times.

Last night, I was just coming into Valentine and was just trying to say hello to someone. Instead, I drew my gun on them and everyone freaked out.

A witness started running into town, so I rode out into a wooded area and set up a camp. Woke up the next morning with no bounty. So, I guess if you can set up a camp before you get to be Wanted, you may avoid the bounty?
k20dub
AG
Online coming this week.

jtstanley4621
AG
So far in the game I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to honor. Sort of as a rebellion against how annoying the game can be with that stuff at times like y'all are talking about. Witness to a crime, or even worse witness to a random shootout that I got involved in? Sorry. Immediately go into deadeye, they're dead. I'm not gonna chase them halfway across the map.
tlepoC
AG
The only thing I really have issue with is how short dead eye lasts. Still haven't f figured out the impact of the dead eye core. All of that is confusing to me for some reason
Gomer95
AG
If I want to go on a rampage and crime spree for fun before I turn it off and NOT have a bounty I guess I can save the game and then just go wild not matter what happens bounty wise even if I die? I guess I just need to turn off auto save before I do that?
jtstanley4621
AG
Gomer95 said:

If I want to go on a rampage and crime spree for fun before I turn it off and NOT have a bounty I guess I can save the game and then just go wild not matter what happens bounty wise even if I die? I guess I just need to turn off auto save before I do that?
I don't think turning off autosave would matter too much. Just manually save and you can load back from there once you're killed or bored. Definitely have done that a few times.
MW03
AG
Aggierific said:

The only thing I really have issue with is how short dead eye lasts. Still haven't f figured out the impact of the dead eye core. All of that is confusing to me for some reason
Chores at camp. True story.
zip04
AG
I use up my dead eye and then hold L1 and eat/drink something to give it an immediate boost so I can use it again within the same battle. It keeps me from having to fight without being able to use it to aim.
MW03
AG
Also, this

Quote:

Leveling Up Dead Eye

Leveling Dead Eye is the hardest. Your best bet is to combine it with the challenges. Completing all challenges gives you a total of 1425 XP. Skinning large animals is the second best option.

Skin animal = 1-10 XP depending on animal size (bigger gives more XP)
Headshot from 50 meters or more = 1-5 XP depending on distance
Craft an item = 1 XP
Cook a meal = 1 XP
Complete Challenges in these categories: Bandit, Gambler, Sharpshooter = 25-150 XP per challenge. A total of 1425 XP for all challenges in these 3 categories.
AirplaneAg09
AG
The game really didn't do a good job of explaining it, but food/alcohol/cigs recharges your cores(deadeye, health, stamina) and tonics, tobacco, etc. refill the outer rings and will fortify. Outer rings get larger and last longer the more you level up your XP(chores, hunting, etc.) The outer rings won't refill on their own, or refill MUCH slower, if you don't keep the cores all the way full. Unless you decide to just constantly refill with snake oil, tobacco, etc.
tlepoC
AG
Right but the dead eye doesn't recharge on its own. So what is the point of that specific core? I assumed dead eye depleted more rapidly when core is drained but that doesn't seem to hold up.
AirplaneAg09
AG
I was thinking the deadeye refilled just like the others as long as the core is full. Didn't realize that might not be the case.
BenFiasco14
AG
Maybe the speed in which you can move around in Deadeye? I've sort of wondered what the dead eye core is for, too, but like a good sheep I just keep refilling it.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DVC2010
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Maybe the speed in which you can move around in Deadeye? I've sort of wondered what the dead eye core is for, too, but like a good sheep I just keep refilling it.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the core and the bar is what refills each.
Bregxit
AG
I haven't tested this since I just assumed it was broken...I have read that the cores basically acts like a second bar. So maybe you can use Dead Eye until thr core is depleted.
BenFiasco14
AG
DVC2010 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the core and the bar is what refills each.
But the deadeye bar does not refill on its own, full core or not
DVC2010
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

DVC2010 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

But the deadeye bar does not refill on its own, full core or not

Correct. You basically have 2 separate Dead Eye bars.
Gomer95
AG
I think if you sleep in your bed at camp your deadeye core will refill. Not sure if it's all the way though.
IJones23
MW03 said:

Aggierific said:

Chores at camp. True story.

Do all the chores.
Bregxit
AG
MW03 said:

Also, this

Quote:

Leveling Up Dead Eye

Leveling Dead Eye is the hardest. Your best bet is to combine it with the challenges. Completing all challenges gives you a total of 1425 XP. Skinning large animals is the second best option.

Skin animal = 1-10 XP depending on animal size (bigger gives more XP)
Headshot from 50 meters or more = 1-5 XP depending on distance
Craft an item = 1 XP
Cook a meal = 1 XP
Complete Challenges in these categories: Bandit, Gambler, Sharpshooter = 25-150 XP per challenge. A total of 1425 XP for all challenges in these 3 categories.

There are also tonics out there that give experience for health, stamina and dead eye.
tlepoC
AG
Exactly. The issue isn't what refills the core but what does the core for dead eye actually control.
Bregxit
AG
Aggierific said:

Exactly. The issue isn't what refills the core but what does the core for dead eye actually control.

It is just a second pool of dead eye to use.
Humorous Username
AG
ac04
full deadeye core serves two purposes - increased accuracy via reduced weapon sway, and increased amount of bar regeneration for kills/headshots
Broba Fett
Scored me a new hat tucked away in the wrecked pirate ship on the island west of Rhodes while out hunting iguana.

Bregxit
AG
k20dub said:

Online coming this week.

Methinks the update hit today. I have a 5.7GB download in progress. I really wanted to go hunt an iguana and beaver tonight dammit!
Broba Fett
dlance said:

k20dub said:

Online coming this week.

Methinks the update hit today. I have a 5.7GB download in progress. I really wanted to go hunt an iguana and beaver tonight dammit!

Apparently they are releasing access to online in waves. Mine said online beta and I couldn't access it.
tlepoC
AG
Unless you bought ultimate, access begins tomorrow
Scotty Flamingo
So who is the better protagonist? Arthur or John?
BenFiasco14
AG
I like Arthur a lot more
Thunder18
AG
I enjoyed playing as Arthur more

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.