***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,959 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Check the head
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Will do
Broba Fett
Huge spolier.

Just realized you can visit all the fallen gang members graves once you start playing as John
BenFiasco14
AG
So has anyone been playing the online and enjoying it? Luckily I have a buddy I've been riding with, so it's pretty fun with two people.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yep, and there's an achievement if you visit every one. Additionally, if you go where Micah died after the game, his revolver is there and it's the best revolver in the game
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Broba Fett
Do yourself a favor and talk to yourself multiple times in a hotel mirror.
Laser Wolf
Is it just me, or is the multiplayer super lame and has really bad graphics?
Humorous Username
AG
wee_ag
AG
For anyone playing online... Does your camp keep randomly moving? Every time I logon it's in a new spot and Cripps just ups and moves it while I'm playing. I see complaints online about it but nobody is sure if it's a feature or a bug.
johnrth
I just started playing rdr2 online and it's alot of story line. What's that about? The first rdr didn't have that and I could go out and shoot other players or form possess or what have you. Why is this so weird?
Average Joe
AG
The intro is all story as kind of a hidden tutorial. Once that's done everything is wide open. It's kinda long.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
RDR2 online made me quit. The long intro and the amount of morons. Did they ever add in private lobbies yet or do I have to deal with all these idiots moving forward? If so I'll just finish the campaign and then wait for a zombies iteration (hopefully).
AggieChemist
AG
So I picked this game up and have been messing with it here and there. I accidently shot the hotel keeper in town because I hit R2 instead of L2.

Now I have a $7.50 bounty on me that I can't get rid of. I have tried to go to the sheriff's office, but that doesn't clear it. (I just got a bounty mission, which I completed... the ******* you have to lasso in the river). Nobody will do business with me in town because of the bounty, I think.

Help?
johnrth
Did you try going to the post office and pay your bounty?
AggieChemist
AG
johnrth said:

Did you try going to the post office and pay your bounty?
I thought I paid at the sheriff. No. I will have to find the post office.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Most of the train stations have the post office.
kill0509
AG
Just hit up the train station and they'll gladly take your cash to settle the bounty. We've all gotten a bounty on us in this game at some point, whether by accident or intentional.

I was doing a story mission where we had to take a cabin by force out in the middle of nowhere so after the encounter finished, I took my time looking around the cabin to see what all I could find. Clearly, the dead guys wouldn't need anything from now on so I was looking to see what I could salvage. Well, little did I know that they would send a posse to investigate and yeah, I hightailed it out of there with them chasing me. Got a $10 bounty for that one.
ac04
starting the epilogue now. i am blown away by how deep this game is. best game ever.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
You can get away with wearing a mask outside the town's. If you wear a mask in towns, people will summon police or mess with you
AggieChemist
AG
Paid my fine, caught the black widow and got a hot bath from a big tiddied hooker. How do I keep a horse? The black widow had a horse and I tried to lead it back to town but couldn't figure out how to ride one and lead another.
unmade bed
AggieChemist said:

So I picked this game up and have been messing with it here and there. I accidently shot the hotel keeper in town because I hit R2 instead of L2.

Now I have a $7.50 bounty on me that I can't get rid of. I have tried to go to the sheriff's office, but that doesn't clear it. (I just got a bounty mission, which I completed... the ******* you have to lasso in the river). Nobody will do business with me in town because of the bounty, I think.

Help?

I have done the R2 instead of L2 mistake more times than I can count. Makes for some hilarious situations.

I have given up trying to be a good guy.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So many times I've tried to say hello to someone as I pass them and ended up grabbing them beating their a$$.

Sorry. My bad.
Humorous Username
AG
AggieChemist said:

Paid my fine, caught the black widow and got a hot bath from a big tiddied hooker. How do I keep a horse? The black widow had a horse and I tried to lead it back to town but couldn't figure out how to ride one and lead another.

Get on horse A. Use your lasso on horse B. Ride horse A while keeping the lasso on horse B.
AggieChemist
AG
Humorous Username said:

AggieChemist said:

Get on horse A. Use your lasso on horse B. Ride horse A while keeping the lasso on horse B.
Genius.

I kilt the legendary bear last night, and then stopped to help some guy and got killed by a wolf. The game said my pelt would be available at a trapper. That sound right?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I've never played a console game this deep and immersive.
Humorous Username
AG
Should be at the Trapper in Saint Denis (southeast corner of the map) or northeast of Emerald Ranch.
Geralt of Rivia
S
AggieChemist said:

Humorous Username said:

AggieChemist said:

Genius.

I kilt the legendary bear last night, and then stopped to help some guy and got killed by a wolf. The game said my pelt would be available at a trapper. That sound right?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I've never played a console game this deep and immersive.
What I usually do is ride the newly tamed horse, and whistle to have my saddled/bonded horse follow
Teddy Perkins
AG
Once you bond the new horse to level 1, you can ride your main horse and whistle to have the new horse follow. Doesn't take long to get to level 1 with lots of petting/consoling while riding, brushing, and feeding.
thaed137
AG
There are actually several trappers over the map that you can find but the St. Denis is the easiest to fast travel to.
Tomdoss92
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Doesn't take long to get to level 1 with lots of petting/consoling while riding, brushing, and feeding.
so now we're giving out dating advice here in the nerdery?
Thunder18
AG
Quote:

What I usually do is ride the newly tamed horse, and whistle to have my saddled/bonded horse follow

While you have a second horse tamed and your main following you around you can still tame and bond with a third horse temporarily and have 2 spares following you around
AggieChemist
AG
So I tried to rob the back room in Valentine last night and died four times. Guess I need to bring something heavier than my revolver. I'll bring the sawed off next time. Also I noticed that I lost money every time I died. Something like $10. Do you lose a percentage of your stack every death?

A1_Ag_95
AG
So just started this game. Really like how "big" it is. The scenery, people, etc. I spent a lot of time just riding around the map discovering things, looting, getting killed, and enjoying the visual. So, I looted this house and took everything only to find out later in a mission I needed to take all the valuables from the owner for him to pay back his debt to the gang. Now I cannot complete the debt collector mission because I looted his house already! Anyway to complete it or am I just screwed on that particular mission?
Bregxit
AG
RoughRider said:

So just started this game. Really like how "big" it is. The scenery, people, etc. I spent a lot of time just riding around the map discovering things, looting, getting killed, and enjoying the visual. So, I looted this house and took everything only to find out later in a mission I needed to take all the valuables from the owner for him to pay back his debt to the gang. Now I cannot complete the debt collector mission because I looted his house already! Anyway to complete it or am I just screwed on that particular mission?

If it is the one I am thinking of, go back and search again. There is one particular item of importance you have to find.
ac04
i was going to say the same thing, you may not have gotten everything.
AggieChemist
AG
Played for an hour after the kid went to bed. Was riding back to horseshoe camp after the Driscoll cabin raid and got ambushed and murdered by a group of 3 or more men with a wagon. WTF? LOL!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.