***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,982 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dlance said:

Anyone come across the KKK initiation yet? Pretty dang funny!
yes. i snuck up on them and tossed a stick of dynamite in there, which was extremely satisfying. a friend told me its better to wait for them to finish up, i won't spoil why but it was very funny.

tossing the stick of dynamite in didn't cost me any reputation, so now any time i come across kkk members i immediately kill all but one, then hogtie the remaining guy and wander around on my horse looking for an interesting way to off him.
Bregxit
AG
ac04 said:

dlance said:

yes. i snuck up on them and tossed a stick of dynamite in there, which was extremely satisfying. a friend told me its better to wait for them to finish up, i won't spoil why but it was very funny.

tossing the stick of dynamite in didn't cost me any reputation, so now any time i come across kkk members i immediately kill all but one, then hogtie the remaining guy and wander around on my horse looking for an interesting way to off him.

Yeah you should've waited. I was laughing my arse off!
Bregxit
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

dlance said:

Where is that? I've yet to find that

I can't remember exactly. I had just come down out of the mountains after dealing with Flaco Hernandez.
zip04
AG
I read up on it just to see if there was a set location. There isn't. Your best bet to ride up on them is to search the woods near towns at night. Additionally, there are three different scenarios you will ride up on. The first is the initiation that is being discussed on this thread.
Bregxit
AG
zip04 said:

I read up on it just to see if there was a set location. There isn't. Your best bet to ride up on them is to search the woods near towns at night. Additionally, there are three different scenarios you will ride up on. The first is the initiation that is being discussed on this thread.

There's more!? Awesome sauce!
Robk
Has anybody run into out of order cut scenes? At the beginning of chapter 4 (after the party) I went and talked to Strauss. Arthur and Strauss talked about an upcoming move. While I knew about this it was the first time brought up in game. I thought I had missed some conversation at the party the night before, but later talked to dutch about future plans and he still made no mention of it. Anybody else get gaps like this?
Spotted Ag
AG
Yeah, so...I want to get this game but the only internet I have is on my phone. Anyway I can get a download on an external hard drive and then upload that to my PS4? Don't want to drag my PS4 to my parent's house.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Is there a reason you can't just do the physical copy from Best Buy or something?
Bregxit
AG
So odd bug I am encountering...I have not been able to switch back to One Guide from the game for a few days now and today I was not able to switch out of the game at all. I have to restart my Xbox every time.
BenFiasco14
AG
Does anyone else find it kinda humorous that for the legendary fish you just "mail" them to the guy?

Like, here ya go, please mail this 54 pound salmon for me. Thanks!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jokershady
AG
Ok....

**** Saint Denis. **** Saint Denis.

****. SAINT. DENIS.

I swear lately I've been racking up bounty's in that damn city left and right....trying to get to a main story mission I had the following happen:

1. Accidentally knocked too many people over trying to get to trapper...got a bounty.
2. Paid bounty
3. Random event of an officer going after someone assumed to be innocent. Got in a fight. Bounty.
4. Paid bounty
5. Trying to get back to horse and get on...proceed to choke the guy next to him that I didn't know was there twice. Say **** this and run with the cops in hot pursuit. Get out of Denis into the woods still be pursued....run into several trees and horse is almost dead. Decide to Hell with it and kill all the cops. Then head to Rhodes.
6. Pay bounty.
7. Ride back to Saint Denis and finally trigger the next main mission.

**** Saint Denis
IJones23
I did the money glitch with the gold bar and continued to play the game. Xbox reboots last night and my dumbass forgot to turn the auto save back on. 45 hrs of game play down the tube.
TresPuertas
AG
Curious as to what everyone thinks so far after we've had about 2 weeks to really get into it.

I'm probably way behind most but having been able to devote some tome I'd say it's about a 7/10.

It's beautiful for sure, but the game is far from perfect. I personally hate the controls (they are way too complicated and are prone to mistakes), and the bounty system is completely flawed and random. It takes liberties to place a bounty when it wants to and is way too inconsistent
zip04
AG
I absolutely love the game and would give it a solid 9/10. My only complaint is the combat. I don't think it is bad by any means, but it is incredibly difficult to hit your target if you are low on dead eye. I wish that small part of it were a little more like Uncharted and provided a slight but if aim assist with the controller.

However, what I have learned is that if you site out and then site back in, it will typically put your crosshair in the enemy if your site was close. It just takes getting used to sitting out and in a lot when you are fighting multiple people (or wolves).
AirplaneAg09
AG
Just about the only complaint I have is trying to figure out how to save outfits, what outfit is on your horse, what's good for hot/cold weather, etc. Normally I wouldn't give it a second thought but when it starts affecting your health in certain climates, it gets a little annoying.
TresPuertas
AG
So far I haven't had problems shooting but I have accidentally assaulted people l multiple times

Last night I was having a drink at the saloon and you press RT to drink it, but instead I turned around and shot the guy behind me.

Crime Reported, was run out of town by the sheriff. This isn't isolated either. I've straight up punched multiple horses
Cromagnum
AG
I hate that you can't narrow down your favorite loadouts from the horse. It seems like every time I saddle up I have to reewuip everything I want.

Too easy to hit L2 to target someone to talk to but accidentally aim a weapon at them and start a fight.

People get triggered way too easy when you bump into them and start a fight in town.

Money is absolutely pointless after you finish two treasure hunts.
zip04
AG
I must be the only person that isn't going around and accidentally punching horses and shooting people. I wait for the prompt to read what I want it to read before pushing the button (unless I am actually trying to rob or shoot someone).

I did learn, however, that if you want to search the saddlebags on a horse that isn't yours, you better get on the horse or pet it first. Otherwise, it will kick you and kill you.
jtstanley4621
AG
I've gotten to the point that if there are witnesses to any crime I commit, I just kill them. Ain't nobody got time to chase after them and convince them to be quiet. I pretty much immediately go into dead eye and snipe them running away.
TonsterPS
AG
I'm about 33% of the way through the game (according to the save info) and already have everything in camp upgraded to the max. Agree that money seems pointless...

People get triggered way too easily.

Loving the game otherwise!
Bregxit
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I've gotten to the point that if there are witnesses to any crime I commit, I just kill them. Ain't nobody got time to chase after them and convince them to be quiet. I pretty much immediately go into dead eye and snipe them running away.

I try that but then the area magically turns into Time Square and there is a never ending flow of people coming through. I piled up 25 bodies yesterday because someone saw me loot a dead klansman and still couldn't keep from getting reported.

And by far my biggest gripe is the bounty/jail system. Completely broken.

Second biggest gripe is having to restart my Xbox every time I want to exit the game. I can't even get back to the Xbox home screen now after playing.
Humorous Username
AG
IJones23 said:

I did the money glitch with the gold bar and continued to play the game. Xbox reboots last night and my dumbass forgot to turn the auto save back on. 45 hrs of game play down the tube.

tk for tu juan
Around halfway thru Chap 6 and I want to shoot Micah in the face, wannabe mid-level manager asshat.

I did reach 100% good guy status last night. Time for my heel turn towards the black hat
n_touch
Anyone using the companion app with their phone or do you just check the map on the game?
jokershady
AG
What is this?? I see it on my map in our camp but doesn't appear to be anything I can see on screen or interact with
zip04
AG
I have it and use it occasionally. It would be awesome if it would let you view your treasure maps in the app so you could leave it up while searching.
Cromagnum
AG
Humorous Username said:

IJones23 said:

You sat and played for 2 days straight without turning the game off nor saving it?

tlepoC
AG
The Xbox purrs the game in memory and doesn't actually exit the game. Story very possible
Tomdoss92
AG
Cromagnum said:

Humorous Username said:

IJones23 said:

You sat and played for 2 days straight without turning the game off nor saving it?

i think he left the glitch running for a long time, then played the game for real for a bit and lost it all. part of the glitch i think requires you to turn off auto update. cheaters never win and winners never cheat.
IJones23
I turned it off, but it's in the gameroom and I'm the only one who plays. Every time I turned it on, it was right where I left it.
Humorous Username
AG
Kind of a spoiler, so I'll err on the side of caution.

**** YOU, MICAH BELL! You are a worthless, s##t-heel of a human. May your suffering be eternal.
Laser Wolf
Where can I get a perfect iguana skin?

Is it only available later in the game? Please no spoilers.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Laser Wolf said:

Where can I get a perfect iguana skin?

Is it only available later in the game? Please no spoilers.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
My son has requested this game for Christmas. 13yo. Is there like nudity and sex and stuff in this game? Is it like butt nudity or titties and stuff?
E
AG
Its mainly just bad language and violence, no nudity that i've seen.

The violence isnt that bad either or gory, nothing worse then any other shooting game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.