***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,992 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
zip04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had to suck the venom out of a second dudes leg. I'll have to see what he pays me back with.
V8Aggie
AG
zip04 said:

I had to suck the venom out of a second dudes leg. I'll have to see what he pays me back with.
zip04
AG
Exactly, notice it isn't ever a chick that needs the venom sucked out.
Sq1dvm
AG
If you want to find him again and collect
I found him outside the gun smith's shop in Valentine.
zip04
AG
That's where the first one was. I'm assuming this one will show up at a similar store but in a different town. Probably the closest town to where I was (I don't remember where it was but saved the game right after and closed it out).
DVC2010
AG
zip04 said:

That's where the first one was. I'm assuming this one will show up at a similar store but in a different town. Probably the closest town to where I was (I don't remember where it was but saved the game right after and closed it out).

My second snake bite victim turned up outside the general store in Valentine, I think.
Robk
I have sucked the venom out three times to two different people. Yes one person got bit twice, hope is second reward is better than a general store purchase.
Bregxit
AG
cr0wbar said:

Spent probably ~1.5 hours getting the white Arabian horse near Isabella Lake

I just spent 3+ hours circling that whole damned lake and never saw that horse. Driving me bananas!
IJones23
I had to use the binoculars to find it. She's so white she blends in with the snow.
Saxsoon
AG
Found it in about 2 minutes ha!
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Bregxit
AG
IJones23 said:

I had to use the binoculars to find it. She's so white she blends in with the snow.

I was using binos also. Will give it another try tomorrow night. Got myself the Legendary White Bison while I was out there so that was fun.
zip04
AG
I guess I need to add this horse to my list of things I need to do outside of the story line.
Humorous Username
AG
Finally went fishing with Hosea and Dutch last night.

I continue to enjoy Hosea's way of doing things compared to Dutch.
jtstanley4621
AG
It's kind of interesting how much of the first red dead is spent going after Bill. I'm not super far in the game but he doesn't seem like a major character yet
Average Joe
AG
Saxsoon said:

Found it in about 2 minutes ha!
Same here. She was just off the southern tip of the lake as I was pulling up. Took 2 minutes to tame her and we were off.
tlepoC
AG
Not sure why but it took me a solid 6 or 7 tries to tame. Despite moving the stick in the right direction and watching videos on how to tame, I was getting bucked off almost immediately.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Did a weird thing last night and decided to start a new game about 50% through the first time. I felt like I blew through a lot of things early in the story and kinda wanted a do-over. I figure once I get back to my original spot I can decide which story I want to continue. Already having a blast choosing different outcomes, horses, mission orders, etc. Can already tell that replayability of this game is going to be very high for me.

Only drawback is that the redo won't be able to autosave without overwriting my original and I know that's going to bite me in the ass a few times forgetting to do it manually every so often.
Thunder18
AG
Never saw the white Arabian up there, but got the buffalo and salmon. It's a freaking trek to go up there and back
Broba Fett
Thunder18 said:

Never saw the white Arabian up there, but got the buffalo and salmon. It's a freaking trek to go up there and back

Make sure you have done the early quest to unlock the stables first or the horse absolutely will not spawn.
zip04
AG
Thunder18 said:

Supposedly it is being attacked by wolves and you have to kill them first. Maybe you didn't make it in time and it was eaten....
AirplaneAg09
AG
Went ahead and took up the horse race that the random guy offers you up north by the waterfall. Finished the race down at the dam and watched him smack his horse in the face for losing. Roped him off the back of his mount as he turned to leave, hogtied and looted him, then dumped him over the dam into the river below. Horse was better off anyways.

Had to clean up two witnesses who came riding by at the wrong time and joined the old man at the bottom of the river, but still worth it. This game is just endless random fun!
Sq1dvm
AG
Any tips on duels? Because I'm absolutely terrible at them. Guess I wasn't paying attention in the tutorial if there ever was one. As I understand it, gently squeeze trigger till screen goes orange, then rapidly trigger while aiming?
Bregxit
AG
zip04 said:

Thunder18 said:

Supposedly it is being attacked by wolves and you have to kill them first. Maybe you didn't make it in time and it was eaten....
Ooooh, that could explain it. I hung around the lake for three day/night cycles and each morning there were a pair of wolves that would spawn. The first time I saw the wolves I thought I saw the horse but lost it. I'll make sure to hang out where the wolves pop up and take them out asap.

Also, the scenery around the lake area on a clear night sitting in camp is breathtaking! I sat there last night for a good 20-30 minutes just looking around. Rockstar really did a great job on this game.
Thunder18
AG
I'm on chapter 6 lol, just farting around trying not to finish the story at this point
Thunder18
AG
I did the same thing, but just dumped him in the lake and watched him drown
AirplaneAg09
AG
Took me awhile on the duels as well and mine are still pretty sloppy. Pretty sure the slower you squeeze R2 once deadeye activates, the longer you will have to aim but wait too long and the deadeye vanishes while you get blasted.

I just go with a gradual pull and start rapid firing. The cursor usually starts square in the midsection if you don't move it but I think it only takes one shot to kill someone in a duel. I've rattled off all 6 shots and missed with 5, but managed to kill someone with a shot to the knee.
Bregxit
AG
Hahahaa so my folks are here for my daughter's choir performance and my mom commented on how realistic Madden 19 looks. So I kicked my son off to show her the lake at night and as soon as the game loaded the damned Arabian was right in front of me. A minute later it was mine.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Just lost a shooting match for the first time against the Mexican guy who offers them to you. Turns out you can just kill him and rob him instead of paying him the $10.
zip04
AG
I lost the first (and only) one I did because I shot the first row of bottles and didn't see the others. Then I just had the wrong weapon for the birds.
jokershady
AG
Please enjoy!

DVC2010
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Took me awhile on the duels as well and mine are still pretty sloppy. Pretty sure the slower you squeeze R2 once deadeye activates, the longer you will have to aim but wait too long and the deadeye vanishes while you get blasted.

I just go with a gradual pull and start rapid firing. The cursor usually starts square in the midsection if you don't move it but I think it only takes one shot to kill someone in a duel. I've rattled off all 6 shots and missed with 5, but managed to kill someone with a shot to the knee.

When dueling, lightly press your trigger to charge your deadeye. When you think you have enough charged (the meter is a wheel at the bottom-right), press the trigger all the way to draw and place your shots. You don't want to fill it all the way up because your opponent is still trying to kill you even while time is slowed.
PooDoo
AG
No comment.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nuclearpalsy/video/63357404
BenFiasco14
AG
Does anyone know how to access your "log" to view your current side quests (particularly collection quests from strangers and special requests from people st the camp)?

Can't find that damn thing anywhere.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
IJones23
I think it's the left button on the Dpad.
BenFiasco14
AG
IJones23 said:

I think it's the left button on the Dpad.

That's it! Thanks!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.