***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,970 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This might be a ps4 question more than a RDR2 question, but is there a way to turn down button sensitivity?

I have accidentally killed so many people because my finger brushes L2.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
PooDoo
AG
Orko
AG
I broke down yesterday and took advantage of the gold hack. Then I pimped out all my weapons and went on a spending spree. Walked to my horse, felt bad about it, unpimped the guns, took off all my nice clothes, dressed in simple ones, and dove in to the mud a couple of times.

In short, the gold hack cleansed Arthur of his materialistic tendencies.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
jr15aggie
AG
Hmmm.... will the in game gold help with the online stuff later on?

I'm not sure if I would want to do this. Sometimes cheats make games really boring. Take away the desire for money and there is immediately less appeal to completing certain tasks because there is no in game reward that compares to the cheat money you already have.
MW03
AG
jr15aggie said:

Hmmm.... will the in game gold help with the online stuff later on?

I'm not sure if I would want to do this. Sometimes cheats make games really boring. Take away the desire for money and there is immediately less appeal to completing certain tasks because there is no in game reward that compares to the cheat money you already have.

Kind of like how GTA became a whip the second you learned about the vehicle cheats.
nomad2007
AG
I don't know if my game is bugged or what, but it doesn't matter if I wear a mask, change clothes, change horses, or anything when I rob or commit crimes.

I always get a bounty. No matter what. The mask doesn't seem to do anything at all.
Prime0882
AG
nomad2007 said:

I don't know if my game is bugged or what, but it doesn't matter if I wear a mask, change clothes, change horses, or anything when I rob or commit crimes.

I always get a bounty. No matter what. The mask doesn't seem to do anything at all.
Supposedly the NPCs also know your clothes. So, if you're running around in just a mask, but the same clothes they always see you in, they'll still identify you. I've started mixing up what clothes I have for my dastardly acts and have an outfit for day to day.
AZAG08
AG
Played through the tutorial part this morning. So far it looks great. I still need to move to the 4K tv in the other room to see the difference
jokershady
AG
JRC0811 said:

nomad2007 said:

Supposedly the NPCs also know your clothes. So, if you're running around in just a mask, but the same clothes they always see you in, they'll still identify you. I've started mixing up what clothes I have for my dastardly acts and have an outfit for day to day.
This.

Also, shaving or cutting your beard differently will help you lose your pursuers.

Course if you wanted to save your money you could always surrender at the beginning and go to jail.
zip04
AG
jokershady said:

JRC0811 said:

nomad2007 said:

This.

Also, shaving or cutting your beard differently will help you lose your pursuers.

Course if you wanted to save your money you could always surrender at the beginning and go to jail.
What's the fun in that?
AirplaneAg09
AG
I've tried surrendering a couple times just for the experience but still end up getting gunned down. Is there an action or prompt to use to try and surrender?
Bregxit
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

I've tried surrendering a couple times just for the experience but still end up getting gunned down. Is there an action or prompt to use to try and surrender?

I have surrendered, did jail time and still got gunned down upon release AND still had a bounty. I was not pleased.
zip04
AG
I just paid my $205 bounty. It feels good to be free...
jr15aggie
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Once the shooting starts there is no way to surrender I don't believe... it's on like Donkey Kong at that point. But early on if they are talking you should get the prompt once close enough to hit LT and choose the surrender option (make sure you wait for the prompt or else you will draw your gun and, well, they probably don't like that none!).

Thanks above for the advice about changing cloths. I'll need to pack a 3rd "bad boy" outfit on my horse. Pretty cool and makes perfect sense that a bandanna alone won't hide you.
PooDoo
AG
Ok, how many of you named your horse Jimbo?
Laser Wolf
PooDoo said:

Ok, how many of you named your horse Jimbo?

I did not, but is there a way to change your horse name after you have named it?

I want to name him Charlie.
BenFiasco14
AG
My coworker was killed last night and he said when the game came back he just had a saddle next to him. His horse was killed during the shoot out too and he was shaken over the whole thing.

RIP Remington.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
kill0509
AG
Go to one of the stables and select the option as if you are improving your horse. One of the menu options is to rename it there.

Named mine Blue. He's a Blue Roan Nakona horse that is my main horse now. Even tamed it right next to some wolves that were chasing deer and such and I was somehow able to keep it from spooking me off.
BenFiasco14
AG
They must've already patched this at least somewhat. Tried it just now and only got two bars
jr15aggie
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

They must've already patched this at least somewhat. Tried it just now and only got two bars

Not on Xbox. I just did it and got 30 bars first try.

I have multiple saves though... Now I'm debating how to proceed. Pretty sure, like I said above, having that much cash will completely change the game. Pretty sure I'm gonna load the save game, get one bar, and proceed.

The ONLY reason I'm debating is if this cash will play a part in the online game. Does GTA V online money have anything to do with single player?
BenFiasco14
AG
Weird. I'm on Xbox too and only got two. My coworker got three. Not sure what's going on there but yeah... 30 would probably break the game. Oh well. Also I'm pretty sure I'm GTA the money was separate
coastalAg
AG
kill0509 said:

Go to one of the stables and select the option as if you are improving your horse. One of the menu options is to rename it there.

Named mine Blue. He's a Blue Roan Nakona horse that is my main horse now. Even tamed it right next to some wolves that were chasing deer and such and I was somehow able to keep it from spooking me off.

This is how I did it. I have two horses I am riding right now. Bo and Nacho after the horses I grew up riding.
Thunder18
AG
My horses are Zeus (War horse) and Apollo (race horse)
Bregxit
AG
Stryker (War horse); Henrietta (Race horse)
ac04
chuckled at the jimbo comment because that was my second choice. i went with carrera.
Pilmer
AG
Horse is named Ol' Sarge
PooDoo
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Did you take the paper about horse remedies before the gold bars?

That's what I did the first time through and only got 2. I reloaded the last save and took the gold bar first and it worked perfectly.

I've been able to go back and get 60 so far.

I'm bored with the little tasks. I'm getting as much cash as I can, buy some land, hunt, and focus on training my great grandchildren to start Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook.
MW03
AG
Lil Sebastian for me
BenFiasco14
AG
Yeah, I did.
jr15aggie
AG
I had 30 bars... Didn't feel right about it so I reloaded my save to do it the legit way and just got one.

Rode into Valentine. Immediately I accidentally pissed off some dude. Another went to tell the sheriff. I tried to hit LT to prompt the runner to stop. Turns out I drew my gun instead. The sheriff happened to be right there and opened fire.

Friggin A!!! Reloaded and went back, got 5 bars. 5 glitch bars to help me with the BS that will screw me down the road. Checked it after and the glitched chest is now empty. Got 5 bars and that's all.
Bregxit
AG
PooDoo said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Did you take the paper about horse remedies before the gold bars?

That's what I did the first time through and only got 2. I reloaded the last save and took the gold bar first and it worked perfectly.

I've been able to go back and get 60 so far.

I'm bored with the little tasks. I'm getting as much cash as I can, buy some land, hunt, and focus on training my great grandchildren to start Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook.
I got the first thirty, then went back and only got 2. On the first run to the fence, four riders tried to rob me. I heard "Get his gold fellas!" then all hell broke loose. I took them down but had to revive my horse.
AliasMan02
AG
Had a run of bad random encounter luck. Encountered a blind beggar and dismounted to talk to him when a guy rides through with what appears to be a kidnapped woman. Unmounted, I managed to kill the guy but the horse bolted and I couldn't bring it down in time and it got away, presumably with the woman still on its back. Then all the shooting spooked the blind man who wouldn't talk to me. Lame.
PooDoo
AG
When you go back you have to save again while you are bending down for the gold and reload. Just repeat the 1st process.
Laser Wolf
AliasMan02 said:

Had a run of bad random encounter luck. Encountered a blind beggar and dismounted to talk to him when a guy rides through with what appears to be a kidnapped woman. Unmounted, I managed to kill the guy but the horse bolted and I couldn't bring it down in time and it got away, presumably with the woman still on its back. Then all the shooting spooked the blind man who wouldn't talk to me. Lame.

That blind guy shows up a lot in that area. You should be able to talk to him again.
BenFiasco14
AG
How many chapters are there in the game total? Just got to 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.