***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

96,037 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leaving work slightly early today, planning on playing when I get home.

Does anyone have a physical copy? Wondering what the install time (or whatever you'd call it) is for the physical copies.
Bregxit
AG
zip04 said:

After y'all get a bit to play the game, I'd like to see if your thoughts are similar to this review:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/red-dead-redemption-2-review-rockstar

Or if you think he is an idiot and the gameplay does in fact suck you in from the beginning.

I won't lie, the opening is not very inviting and feels tedious. I haven't gotten to the open world yet so I imagine that will change. The stunning visuals though make me forget the tedium for now.
superunknown
AG
This bear fight is intense!

https://v.redd.it/4vqzg11b1hu11
KidDoc
AG
This is one I'm planning on getting on sale maybe over the holidays. I have a large backlog of games and mostly playing Firewall Zero Hour these days anyway. My primary interest is waiting for them to roll out multiplayer and fix the inevitable bugs.

Looks like fun though!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Humorous Username
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Does anyone have a physical copy? Wondering what the install time (or whatever you'd call it) is for the physical copies.

I do. Just under three hours to install (I also have ridiculously slow internet because I'm cheap).
AliasMan02
AG
Gonna go pick up my preorder and flip my OG Xbox One for an X today.

Going to try and resist getting a 4k TV to go with it. Just don't think it would make a huge difference on a 40 to 42 inch screen... right?
Bmac04
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Took me a little over an hour this morning
Prime0882
AG
Have a PS4 Pro with a SSD installed... going to see if it takes a few hours as some have stated, or if the SSD will make a pretty big difference. Have to wait for after work for the install.
Bregxit
AG
Do I have to get into town to a horse dealer before I get my pre-order War Horse?
BizAg13
Get a 4k TV. You won't regret it.
HossAg
AG
I'm already too attached to my horse. If it dies I'm gonna be sad af.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Loading the game now. When will I need the second disc??
TresPuertas
AG
BizAg13 said:

Get a 4k TV. You won't regret it.

Ok. So I'm lolOld, so forgive my stupid question but Isnthe only way to get 4K is to run the game through an xBox One X?
zip04
AG
Y'all twisted my arm. I bought it. Downloading now.
n_touch
Or PS 4 Pro
Scotty Flamingo
Only got the first 2 missions in before I had to head to work. Really looking forward to saying up way too late tonight.
BowSowy
AG
My Pro is telling me it'll take 6 hours to copy from disc. What the hell?
BizAg13
If you want to play RDR2 in 4k then you will need both the Xbox One X and a 4k TV. If you only have the Xbox X you will get really high quality 1080p I believe but not 4k.
FIDO95
AG
zip04 said:

Y'all twisted my arm. I bought it. Downloading now.

Someone's parents never had that talk with them about standing up to peer pressure. Nonetheless, welcome aboard. All we need is to get Diehard hooked and we can have form the "A Team" Posse!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WoMD
BizAg13 said:

If you want to play RDR2 in 4k then you will need both the Xbox One X and a 4k TV. If you only have the Xbox X you will get really high quality 1080p I believe but not 4k.

Isn't the xbox one S also 4K?
n_touch
Mine said a huge amount of time but dropped quick and only took about 70-75 minutes.
Laser Wolf
Is there a huge difference in this game with 1080p vs 4k? Or does the main benefit come from the HDR that you get with 4k?
hoosierAG
AG
The S does not play games in 4K. It will support 4K video but not games.
zip04
AG
For what it is worth, mine is taking about 2.5-3 hours to download (digital copy) with a PS4 Pro and Gigabit internet (hardwired).
wangus12
AG
Anyone playing on just an XB1? How's it look
Laser Wolf
I was doing the initial brightness calibration for this game, and it says the Rockstar logo should be visible, but even at the max setting, the logo didn't show up. Should this be a problem?
Bregxit
AG
Laser Wolf said:

I was doing the initial brightness calibration for this game, and it says the Rockstar logo should be visible, but even at the max setting, the logo didn't show up. Should this be a problem?

Mine was a notch under max and I could barely make out the logo. It is very faint.
coastalAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Anyone playing on just an XB1? How's it look

I am. Looks great.
Laser Wolf
dlance said:

Laser Wolf said:

Mine was a notch under max and I could barely make out the logo. It is very faint.

Ok maybe I just need to up my TV brightness too.
HossAg
AG
Just switched to the 4k TV from my 1080P monitor. Holy crap.
Captmorg70
HossAg said:

Just switched to the 4k TV from my 1080P monitor. Holy crap.
Xbox 1 X or PS4 Pro?

I just recently bought a 65" Vizio P series TV, that plus Xbox 1 X makes RDR2 look like a movie.
Cromagnum
AG
Only got to play through the first two missions so far. The controls feel like molasses. Also the audio is really quiet, especially conversations even with the slider maxxed out. I don't want to have to blast my home theater just to hear things.
HossAg
AG
1X. Absolutely insane.
Captmorg70
HossAg said:

1X. Absolutely insane.
Agreed. Easily best looking game I've ever played
TexAgBolter
AG
Game froze. Now my one x is dead. E105 error.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.