***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,998 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most likely digital 11 pm CDT. I've had experience with pre-order launches. Unless Rockstar surprises us. Happened with Witcher 3 on launch, I think that got a 6pm early release.

GS probably being generous for those who have to install the disc. And gave RS some money
ac04
GS is no longer doing midnight openings due to some state labor laws regarding split shifts. it's much easier (and cheaper, and safer in some areas) for them to just distribute after the store closes at 9:00 instead, so they worked out a deal with most of the major game companies to allow this.
Bregxit
AG
ac04 said:

GS is no longer doing midnight openings due to some state labor laws regarding split shifts. it's much easier (and cheaper, and safer in some areas) for them to just distribute after the store closes at 9:00 instead, so they worked out a deal with most of the major game companies to allow this.

GS here in The Woodlands did a midnight opening for CoD a week or so ago.
ac04
that's interesting. they may have started back up in states where it isn't an issue and then vendor wants to hold 12 AM, but they definitely prefer 9:00 wherever possible. it has admittedly been a while since i spoke with anyone in their ops department though.
TresPuertas
AG
Is it strange to be horny for a video game?

shut up. You're weird.

InnerCityAg
Why don't they let me download the pre-order and ultimate items that have been in my queue for over a week?
jr15aggie
AG
InnerCityAg said:

Why don't they let me download the pre-order and ultimate items that have been in my queue for over a week?

If you're HD is full it won't let you. If you also have an external make sure you know the default install path and that drive has enough space. I had that issue once with plenty of space, but my internal didn't have enough room and it isn't smart enough to install on the other. It will always try to install to what you have set as the primary
tk for tu juan
On the Xbox it required 2GB to be installed on the internal drive even though the game is downloading/installing to the external drive. The download did not start until I had enough space on the internal drive.
InnerCityAg
Yeah, I have a half full 2 TB hard drive. I'm good there.
n_touch
Any one in the game yet?
jr15aggie
AG
Nope
Bregxit
AG
Nope...I have an excuse to stay up late though! Daughter said her head itched and we found a louse. So I am doing laundry for the next 2-3 hours.
n_touch
Not sure whether to laugh at that or not....
InnerCityAg
I could only wish that lice was my excuse.
Bregxit
AG
n_touch said:

Not sure whether to laugh at that or not....

Go ahead lol. The way they handle it nowadays at schools it's constantly going around. Pain in the ass but not really the big deal people made it out to be years ago.
n_touch
Cynical_Texan
AG
Under a minute...
Bregxit
AG
Getting Your Game Ready...
Bregxit
AG
It's on *****es!
tlepoC
AG
But I have to go to bed.
InnerCityAg
Aggierific said:

But I have to go to bed.

Me too
jr15aggie
AG
I'm going to join the bed gang.

First impression... This game looks fantastic on the X.

2nd impression... Will take me a while to get use to the controls.
Bregxit
AG
jr15aggie said:

Absolutely beautiful and I don't even have a 4k TV. I agree there is something about the controls that seems unintuitive at the moment. It might be all the LT talking to people while trying to ride stuff that has me not quite comfortable yet.
jokershady
AG
Not sure how far y'all have made it, but after the shoot out where you pick up using dead eye the character seemed to move a lot faster and jogging seemed to get you around a lot quicker.

Haven't done a mission since then so remains to be seen if it's better at all.

I'm having fun just in the first few missions picking up on names that I recognize and looking them up from RDR.
tk for tu juan
Made it thru Chapter 1, most of the chapter is learning the controls and backstory, not a lot of roaming. You finally get to free roam at the beginning of Chap 2.
jokershady
AG
Figured it was going to be that way....was getting a Shadows Of War vibe for that as the game started its first few missions
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Sounds like a Rockstar game
saltydog13
AG
y'all think this'll go on sale Black Friday? Wanting to get into a different game besides fortnite
Pman17
AG
Playing on a X with 720p TV. Looks good! I'll be getting to my 4K TV soon.

Game of the Year already!

I'm in the game too as a fat butcher!
Bregxit
AG
Pman17 said:

I'm in the game too as a fat butcher!

What does this mean!?!?
jokershady
AG
Since this game just came out I think for a while we should follow spoiler rules as I'm sure there will be some damn interesting plot points in this game.

Use the spoiler tag for anything that should experienced in game and not read online
FIDO95
AG
jr15aggie said:

I made the bad choice of checking the game out "for a few minutes" after an evening fortnite. Did the "one more thing" thing until the wee hours of the morning. I guess I'm just not as strong at the "going to bed crowd"!?

Also having trouble with the controls: How do you build walls?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pman17
AG
Mi nombre es Pearson
zip04
AG
After y'all get a bit to play the game, I'd like to see if your thoughts are similar to this review:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/red-dead-redemption-2-review-rockstar

Or if you think he is an idiot and the gameplay does in fact suck you in from the beginning.
Bregxit
AG
Pman17 said:

Mi nombre es Pearson

Gotcha. I thought you finagled your way into being a character model or something!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.